- Home »
- Brother DCP 1610W Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Brother DCP 1610W SETUP
Brother DCP 1610W is a wireless all-in-one mono laser printer. It is compact so that it doesn’t occupy much space and is ideal for home-based work purposes. You can access the device without touching it as it supports a wireless connection. It also supports the USB interface. If you want to know how to do Brother Dcp 1610W Setup, continue to read the following sections.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
Step 1: Unpack the Brother DCP 1610W printer
- Unpack the printer and take out all the supplied components.
- Take off all the protective seals and tapes from the printer.
- Lift the scanner unit and remove all the protective materials.
- Place the printer near the power outlet so that you can easily access it.
Step 2: Install the toner cartridge
- Lift the scanner unit.
- Unpack the toner cartridge and take off its protective materials.
- Place the toner cartridge on the drum unit, then install the assembly inside the printer.
- Now close the scanner unit.
Step 3: Load paper
- Pull out the paper tray from your Brother Dcp 1610W Setup.
- Slide the paper guides towards the edges.
- Take a stack of paper and place the sheets into the paper tray with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the paper edge guides against the paper and ensure that the paper edges are not damaged.
- Insert the paper tray into your Brother printer and pull out the output tray.
Step 4: Turn on the Brother DCP 1610W printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear port of the printer and a power outlet. Then, press the Power button on the printer control panel.
- Make sure that the LED light of the printer screen turns on.
- Configure the printer settings by accessing the printer control panel.
- Choose your Language and press OK.
Step 5: Installation of software
- Turn on your computer and connect it to your router’s network.
- Insert the Brother printer driver installation CD into your CD drive to install the software.
- You can also get the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup driver from the official Brother web page.
- Download and Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Choose Wireless connection on the connection method page and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions to complete the setup and wait until the Successfully Connected message appears on the screen.
Brother DCP 1610W Driver Download
The Brother DCP 1610W driver helps the users to access the printer from the PC through a wired or wireless network. The driver software enables the printer to accept the information programmed by the PC and acts as per the provided instruction. The driver software is provided along with the printer, and you can also get it from the official web page of Brother.
Brother DCP 1610W Driver for Windows
- Turn on the Windows PC and connect it to the Internet.
- Open the default web browser and go to the official web page of Brother.
- Enter Brother Dcp 1610W Setup in the search field, and it will take you to the product support page.
- On the product support page, click on the Downloads tab.
- On the Downloads page, choose the OS as Windows along with its version.
- Click OK and select the printer driver from the list.
- Click Download after accepting the End Users License Agreement.
- Wait until the downloading process gets completed. Then you can access it in the saved destination.
Brother DCP 1610W Driver for Mac
- Make sure that the Mac is connected to the Wi-Fi network to which your printer is connected.
- Go to the official web page of Brother and search for the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup.
- On the product support page, click on the Downloads tab.
- Select Mac on the Select OS family section and choose the OS version on the Select OS version section.
- Click OK and download the Driver from the list after accepting the End Users License Agreement.
- The driver will start to download in the background, and once the download gets completed, you can access it in the saved destination.
Brother DCP 1610W Manual Download
Brother DCP 1610W manual can help you to access the printer and operate it without any trouble. Follow the steps listed below and download the manual from the official support page of Brother.
Visit the Brother official web page and go to the product support page of the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup. Click on the Manuals tab, choose your preferred manual, and click on the Download button.
Brother DCP 1610W Wireless Setup
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router and make sure the printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- On your Brother printer control panel, press the Menu button, select the Network option, and press OK.
- Choose the WLAN option and press OK.
- Select the Setup Wizard option, and the device will search for the available Wi-Fi networks nearby.
- Select the Wi-Fi network name and provide the required details.
- Wait for few minutes until the device gets connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network, and the Connected message will appear on the printer control panel.
Brother DCP 1610W Toner Replacement
- Open the scanner unit and remove the drum unit from the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup.
- Remove the toner from the drum unit.
- Unpack the newly bought toner cartridge and remove the protective materials.
- Attach and assemble the new toner to the drum unit.
- Insert the drum unit assembly into the printer.
- Now close the scanner unit and take a test print.
Brother DCP 1610W Scan Setup
- Place the document on the scanner glass platen with the scanning side facing down.
- On your Brother printer control panel, press the Scan button.
- Choose the destination where you want to save the scanned document.
- Press OK to scan the document.
Brother DCP 1610W Scan to Email
- Make sure your Brother Dcp 1610W Setup and computer are connected over the same network.
- Load the document into the scanner glass platen.
- On the printer control panel, press the Scan button.
- Select the Scan to PC option and choose the Email option.
- Press OK to save the scanned document.
Brother DCP 1610W Troubleshoot
Troubleshooting techniques can help the users to solve technical issues manually. Here we have listed some common issues along with the appropriate troubleshooting techniques.
Brother DCP 1610W Printer Offline
The printer goes offline due to some of the technical issues such as poor Internet connection, improper printer settings, etc. Check the Internet connection and make sure the connectivity is strong. Also, make sure the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
Check the printer properties. If the Use printer offline mode is enabled, you will end up with the printer offline issue.
On your computer, go to the Devices and Printers section. Locate and right-click on your Brother DCP 1610W printer. Choose the printer tab and make sure the Use printer offline option is disabled. If not, then disable the option and try to print again.
Brother DCP 1610W won’t Turn On
Check the power connections. The printer sometimes goes to sleep mode if it hasn’t been accessed for few hours. So wake up your printer and check whether it turns on.
Using a defective power cable may result in trouble while the printer turns on. If you notice any defect in the power cable, try with a different one and check whether the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup can turn on now.
Brother DCP 1610W Reset Drum Error.
The reset drum error occurs if the drum unit or cartridge is replaced. Make sure you have installed the drum unit properly. Remove the drum unit from the printer and again insert it. If the error continues, reset the drum unit.
- On your Brother printer control panel, press the Menu button.
- Choose the Machine info option from the list and press OK.
- Select Reset drum and press OK.
- Now select the key as per the instruction provided on the printer screen.
- Wait until the Accepted message appears on the Brother Dcp 1610W Setup screen.
- Press OK.
Brother DCP 1610W Paper Jam
- Paper jam is one of the common errors that can cause sudden trouble for your printer.
- Pull out the paper tray completely from the printer and take out all the jammed paper inside the printer.
- If the paper is stuck under the drum unit assembly, turn off the printer and wait for 15 minutes.
- Raise the scanner unit and open the top cover. Gently take out the drum unit assembly, and if you find any jammed paper, take them out completely.
- Once you have taken out all the jammed paper, reinstall the drum unit assembly, close the open cover, followed by the scanner cover. Then, turn on your Brother Dcp 1610W Setup and check whether the issue is resolved.