- Home »
- BROTHER DCP 1616NW PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP 1616NW SETUP
Brother DCP 1616NW is a monochrome multifunctional printer with built-in Wi-Fi support. The printer also supports mobile printing, scan to email, copying, and wired networking. The basic printer setup involves unboxing, loading paper, setting up basic preferences, and installing the printer software. To know more about the basic Brother Dcp 1616nw setup, keep reading the instructions given on this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the printer setup, follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack your printer from the package and take out the printer supplies.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the scanner unit and take out the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Remove the orange protective part from the cartridge and shake it gently to distribute the toner inside the cartridge.
- Refix the toner cartridge into the printer and close the scanner unit.
Setting up basic preferences:
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Go to the printer control panel and press the Menu button.
- Select the General Setup option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose the Local Language option and press the OK button.
- If necessary, set the date and time settings on Brother Dcp 1616nw Setup.
- Pull the paper tray out from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides apart.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Refix the tray into the printer.
Installing the printer software:
- After completing the basic printer setup, insert the CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the driver installation wizard.
- Finish the driver installation and verify the printer functionality.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The driver for your Brother DCP 1616NW Setup is available on the CD-ROM that comes along with the printer. If the CD is not available in the printer package, you can download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Brother site.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Log in to your Windows computer with administrator rights.
- Remove any previously installed Brother printer drivers on your computer.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable.
Downloading the driver:
- Open the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the printer model from the search result and select the option that directs you to the Downloads page.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your Windows version.
- Click OK and select the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download and save the Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup driver file to your computer.
Installing the driver:
- Navigate to your computer’s Downloads folder and open the downloaded driver file.
- Extract the driver package and double-click the setup file to run the driver installation.
- Click Yes if the device prompts for User Account Control.
- Agree to the EULA and follow the instructions in the driver installation wizard.
- Complete the driver installation and print a test page remotely from your computer to the printer.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Enter ‘Brother DCP 1616NW’ in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search results and click on the link that directs you to the driver download page.
- Choose your macOS version in the required fields and click the OK button.
- Select the required driver for your Mac from the displayed list.
- Click the Download button and then select Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- Navigate to your browser’s Downloads section and open the downloaded driver package.
- Double-click the driver file to run the driver installation wizard.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password in the required field and click Continue.
- Finish the Brother Dcp 1616nw Setup driver installation by following the on-screen prompts.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Brother DCP 1616NW printer is provided in the printer package during the first-time purchase. If it is not available, click the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual to your computer. Alternatively, you can get the Brother DCP 1616NW printer manual from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the printer model from the search result and go to the manuals download page.
- If necessary, choose your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Select the required manual from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon and save the Brother Dcp 1616nw Setup manual to your computer.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW WIRELESS SETUP
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Connect your computer to your wireless network.
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- Go to your printer’s control panel and then press the Menu button.
- Select the Network option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose WLAN –> WPS/AOSS.
- When the printer shows the ‘WLAN Enable?’ message, go to your router.
- Press and hold the WPS button until all the LEDs on the router start blinking.
- Return to your printer and press the OK button.
- Wait for your printer to detect and connect to your wireless network automatically.
- Once the connection is made, the ‘Connected’ message will appear on the Brother Dcp 1616nw Setup LCD panel.
Connecting your printer and computer over wireless:
- Run the driver installation wizard on your computer using the software CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless Network Connection option as your connection type.
- Establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer by following the on-screen prompts.
- Carry out the rest of the instructions and verify the wireless connection.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW TONER REPLACEMENT
When your printer shows the Toner Low or Replace Toner message, you should replace the toner cartridge for good print quality. To know how to replace the toner cartridge on your Brother DCP 1616NW printer, follow these steps.
- With your printer turned on, lift the scanner unit and open the covers.
- Take out the drum unit assembly from the Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup.
- Remove the expended toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge and take away the packing materials from it.
- Fix the new cartridge into the drum unit.
- Refix the drum unit assembly into the printer and close the front covers.
- Lower the scanner unit and restart your printer.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW SCAN SETUP
The Brother DCP 1616NW printer has a flatbed scanner with an ADF. You can either place the original document on the scanner glass or load it into the ADF. To scan remotely from your computer, use the Brother ControlCenter4 utility. For detailed instructions about the scan setup, go through the steps given on this page.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW SCAN TO EMAIL
Scan using the printer control panel:
- To begin with, load the original document you wish to scan into the ADF or open the scanner unit and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Go to the printer control panel and press the Scan button.
- Select the Scan to PC option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose the Email option and press the OK button.
- If your Brother DCP 1616NW Setup is connected over the network, select your computer from the displayed list.
- Press the OK button followed by Start to start scanning your original document with the default scan settings.
- Otherwise, select Yes and then modify the scan settings from the following options.
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Scan Size
- Finally, press the Start button to scan your document from the scanner and save a copy of it to the connected computer.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW TROUBLESHOOTING
Is your Brother DCP 1616NW printer not working as expected? Then troubleshoot the issues with your printer to increase its performance. Usually, the printer will display an error message whenever it goes to an error state. Identify the errors displayed on your printer’s LCD panel to find the actual cause of the printer problem and execute the correct troubleshooting steps. If you need assistance in resolving your printer issues, contact us by clicking the Call button on this page.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW PRINTER OFFLINE
If your Brother DCP 1616NW Setup status is offline on your Windows computer, try these troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
- First, check if the printer has been turned on. If yes, go to the next step.
- Otherwise, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- If you have connected your printer and computer via a USB cable, check if the cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- If it is a wireless connection, check the Wi-Fi status and restart your router.
- Reconnect your printer to your computer to bring your printer status online.
Solution 2: Disable Use Printer Offline
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Right-click your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel all the pending print jobs and click the Printer tab.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list to bring your Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup online.
Solution 3: Restart the Print Spooler service
- Open Run, type ‘services.msc’ in the text field, and click the OK button. This will launch Windows Services.
- Locate and right-click the Print Spooler service in the Services window.
- Select the Restart option and reboot your computer.
- Now, the printer status should be online.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW PAPER JAM
- When your printer shows the Paper Jam error on the LCD panel, turn it off first.
- After a few minutes, restart your printer and check if the error reappears. If yes, remove all the paper loaded in the tray.
- Check for any jammed paper inside your printer and remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Remove and refix the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly.
- Restart your printer and check if the problem has been resolved.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW WON’T PRINT
If your printer connection is poor while printing your document remotely from the computer, your printer won’t print it. Sometimes, the printing issue can happen due to the driver installed on your computer. To fix the printing issue, carry out these steps.
- First, check if the paper stack is properly loaded into the paper tray of your Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup.
- Next, verify if the USB cable is properly connected to your printer’s USB port.
- If you have connected the devices wirelessly, print the Network Configuration Report to check the wireless connection status.
- You can quickly fix the wireless connection issues using the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool.
- Go to your computer and open Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab and check your printer status.
- If there is no checkmark, right-click your printer’s icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Try printing a test page remotely from your computer. Check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, check the print settings in the printer driver window.
- If no troubleshooting steps could resolve the printing issue, reinstall the Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup driver.
BROTHER DCP 1616NW RESET DRUM ERROR
If you have recently replaced the drum unit on your printer and missed resetting the drum counter, the printer shows the Reset Drum error. To get rid of this error, follow these steps.
- Turn on your printer and go to the control panel.
- Press the Menu button and select the Machine Info option using the navigation keys.
- Press the OK button and select the Reset Drum option.
- Next, press and hold the OK button for three seconds.
- Press the Up arrow key to reset the drum counter and wait for the LCD panel to display the Accepted message.
- Press the Stop/Exit button to complete the process and check if the problem has been resolved.
Contact Us, to get more information about Brother Dcp 1616NW Setup and its other functions.