- BROTHER DCP 1622WE PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP 1622WE SETUP
Do you have a new Brother DCP-1622WE printer? Unlock all its features to get the most out of it. To know how to do Brother Dcp 1622we setup for the first time, keep reading the instructions given on this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
The basic setup for the Brother DCP-1622WE printer involves unboxing the printer, loading paper, configuring the basic settings, and installing the printer software.
Unboxing The Printer:
- First, unpack your printer from the package.
- Take out the printer supplies.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the scanner unit and take out the drum unit.
- Open the toner cartridge from the package and remove the protective orange part from it.
- Insert the cartridge into the drum unit.
- Fix the assembly into the printer and close the scanner unit.
- Open the paper tray of Brother Dcp 1622we setup and slide apart the paper guides to fit the paper you are going to load.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the tray.
- Open the scanner cover and lower the paper support.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Lower the scanner cover.
Configuring The Basic Settings:
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press the Menu button and select the General Setup option using the navigation keys.
- Press the OK button and select your language.
- Press the OK button to confirm the settings for Brother Dcp 1622we setup.
Installing The Printer Software:
- Insert the provided CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Click the Install MFL-Pro Suite button from the CD-ROM menu.
- Agree to the EULA and click Next to proceed to the setup.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once your printer is detected by the driver installation wizard, complete the setup and verify the printer functionality.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can quickly download the driver for your Brother Dcp 1622we setup by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Brother site. Make sure you identify your OS version before downloading the driver from the official Brother site because it will be helpful in identifying the compatible driver.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Brother printer drivers on your Windows computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected between your printer and computer, if any.
- Launch the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Click the Support tab and select Solutions Center.
- On the Brother Solutions Center page, type Brother Dcp 1622we setup in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result and click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Check if your Windows OS version has been detected and is displayed in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- Click OK and select the required driver from the displayed list.
- Next, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download the driver file on your computer.
- After completing the download, you can run the driver installation wizard by clicking the setup file.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your printer is provided along with the Brother Dcp 1622we setup during the first-time purchase. If the manual is not available in the printer package, download it by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- On your computer, launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Navigate to the Brother Solutions Center page and input your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the Search button and select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Manuals.
- On the next page, choose your desired language from the Language drop-down menu.
- From the list of available manuals for your Brother Dcp 1622we setup, choose the required one and click Download.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download the manual and save it to your computer.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, launch a browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Go to the Brother Solutions Center page, type your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click Search and select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Downloads and Drivers to go to the Downloads page.
- Choose your macOS version if it is not displayed in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- Next, click OK and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- If prompted, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download the Brother Dcp 1622we setup driver on your Mac.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE WIRELESS SETUP
Wireless setup using the WPS Push Button method:
- First, turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Next, place your printer close to your router.
- Ensure that your router supports WPS.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Menu button.
- Select the Network option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose WLAN –> WPS/AOSS.
- Press the OK button and start the wireless setup wizard when the ‘WLAN Enable?’ message is displayed on the LCD.
- When the LCD prompts you to start WPS, go to your router and press the WPS button. Hold the button until the LEDs on the router are flashed.
- Wait for your Brother Dcp 1622we setup to detect and connect to the wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, the LCD will show the Connected message.
Connecting your printer and computer over Wi-Fi:
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Run the driver installation wizard using the CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Accept the license agreements and install the required software.
- Choose the Wireless Network Connection option as your connection type and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait until your printer is detected.
- Once the connection is made, carry out the rest of the instructions and complete the wireless setup.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE TONER REPLACEMENT
When the printer LCD shows the ‘Replace Toner’ message, you should replace the expended toner cartridge. You cannot continue printing until you replace the expended toner cartridge. For detailed instructions about replacing the toner cartridge on your Brother Dcp 1622we setup, go through the steps given below.
- With the printer turned on, open the scanner unit.
- Take out the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the printer.
- Remove the expended toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove the orange protective part.
- Clean the corona wire and fix the new cartridge into the drum unit.
- Fix the assembly into the printer and lower the scanner unit.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE SCAN SETUP
The Brother DCP-1622WE printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your original documents. In addition, you can scan your document and save it as a photo, PDF, or email attachment on your computer. To know more about the Brother Dcp 1622we setup scan , continue reading this page.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE SCAN TO EMAIL
- Start by turning on your printer and then place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Next, connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Scan button.
- Select the Scan to PC option using the navigation keys and press the OK button.
- Choose the Email option and press the OK button.
- Select your computer from the displayed list if your printer has been connected over the wireless network.
- Press the OK button and press Start to scan your document with the default scan settings.
- If you wish to change the default scan settings for Brother Dcp 1622we setup, select the Yes option and press the OK button.
- You can modify the following scan settings.
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Scan Size
- After specifying the scan settings, press the Start button to scan your document.
- Now, the scanned document will be saved as an email attachment in the email client on your computer.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE TROUBLESHOOT
Is your Brother DCP-1622WE printer not working as expected? Troubleshooting may help you bring the printer back to work. But, you should identify what causes the printer not to work. Usually, the printer LCD will display the issues. You can identify the error message and execute the correct troubleshooting steps. We have also given few troubleshooting steps on this page for some common Brother Dcp 1622we setup errors. In case you are stuck while troubleshooting your printer on your printer issues, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving them.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE WON’T TURN ON
If your Brother DCP-1622WE is not connected properly to a wall outlet, it won’t turn on. So, check the power cord at both end ports and restart your printer. In case your printer is not turning on, connect the power cord to a different electrical outlet or replace the power cord.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE RESET DRUM ERROR
The Brother Dcp 1622we setup shows the ‘Reset Drum’ error when you replace the drum unit. At that time, select the Reset option using the navigation keys to reset the drum unit counter. If you get this error without replacing the drum unit, restart your printer to check if it is a false error. If the error reappears, reinstall the drum unit.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE PRINTER OFFLINE
If your printer status is offline on your Windows computer, follow these troubleshooting steps to bring it back online.
- Start by checking the printer status. If it has been turned off, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check the connection between your Brother Dcp 1622we setup and computer.
- For a USB connection, use standard USB cables.
- For a wireless network connection, place your printer close to your router to avoid Wi-Fi interference.
- On your computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- If you have not yet selected your printer as default on your computer, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- This should bring your Brother Dcp 1622we setup status online.
BROTHER DCP 1622WE PAPER JAM
- If a paper is jammed inside your Brother DCP-1622WE printer, press the Power button after identifying the exact location of the jammed paper.
- Wait 15 minutes for the printer to cool down.
- Open the paper tray and remove all the loaded paper.
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer without damaging the internal parts.
- Open the scanner cover and take out the drum unit and cartridge assembly.
- Check for any leftovers inside the printer. If you find any paper bits or substances inside the printer, remove them.
- Refix the drum unit assembly and close the scanner cover.
- Now, reboot your Brother Dcp 1622we Setup and check if the problem is resolved.