- Home »
- BROTHER DCP 7065DN PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP 7065DN SETUP
This particular multi-function monochrome printer is best suited for home office and small office needs. With features like duplex printing, Brother DCP 7065DN Setup definitely can be the answer to your printing needs. The major features of this printer are listed below.
- Print Resolution: 2400 x 600 dpi
- Print Speed: Up to 26 ppm
- Copy Speed: Up to 26 cpm
- Print Technology: Laser
- Connectivity: Hi-speed USB 2.0
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
CONTENTS IN THE BOX:
- The Brother DCP 7065DN printer
- Quick setup guide
- User’s Guide
- Power cord
- A pre-installed drum unit and toner assembly
- USB Interface cable
- Brother Installation CD
- Since the Brother printer comes with an installation CD, the software setup is quite simple.
- Place the CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Wait for the Brother installer to open.
- Follow the commands on the screen and wait for the connection type screen to open.
- You can choose your connection type and complete the software setup.
- Unpack the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective material surrounding the printer body and the scanner glass.
- Open the front cover and remove the protective packaging present inside.
- Remove the band sticking to the drum, then gently remove the protective material present inside.
- Remove the drum unit and the cartridge assembly.
- Shake the toner a couple of times to redistribute the toner inside the assembly.
- Place the drum unit and the toner assembly back in its place inside the Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup.
- Close the front door.
- Pull the paper tray from the front of the printer to load paper.
- Adjust the paper guides nicely inside the paper tray.
- Have a paper stack ready and even it out to make sure there are no damages with the stack.
- Place the paper stack inside the paper tray and adjust the paper guides accordingly (At any cost, do not exceed the tray limit).
- Now, connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and to the main power source. Turn on the printer.
- Select your language and press the OK button.
- Follow the commands on the screen and complete the initial hardware setup.
Finish off the Brother DCP 7065DN printer setup by installing the printer software onto your computer.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The Brother DCP 7065DN driver is for your computer. With the driver downloaded and installed on your computer, you can connect the computer to the printer and perform tasks with just a click away. We have described the steps to download the Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup driver for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this very support page, click the Driver Download button for Windows OS.
- Once the click is made, the printer driver for the computer will be downloaded immediately.
- You can also download the MFC printer driver from the official Brother support page.
- Open the support page for the Brother DCP 7065DN printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows option from the Select OS Family section.
- Click the OK button.
- Under the Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) link, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN DRIVER FOR MAC
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Mac OS.
- The very next second, the driver will be downloaded to the Mac computer.
- One more way to download the driver for the printer is from the official Brother support page.
- Open the Brother DCP 7065DN Setup support page.
- Click the Downloads tab on the page.
- Select the Mac option from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version and click the OK button.
- Click Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended).
- When the page opens, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- On this page, all you have to do is to click the Manual Download button and the manual is yours the very next second.
- If you wish to download the manual from the official Brother support page, open the support page for the printer.
- Click the Manuals tab on the left side of the page.
- Under the User’s Guide link, click the Download button for Online User’s Guide.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN WIRELESS SETUP
The Brother DCP 7065DN printer does not support wireless printing. However, you can use the USB interface cable to connect the printer to your computer and print much faster.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN SCAN SETUP
- Place the document you want to scan on the scanner glass of Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup.
- Open the ControlCentre4 application on your computer (Windows).
- Select Advanced Mode and click Next.
- Click the Model drop-down list, then select the Brother DCP 7065DN printer.
- Click the Scan tab on the page.
- Select Configuration > Button Settings > Scan > File.
- Change the default settings like the file name, destination folder, and file type.
- Click the OK button.
- Select the scan option under the Scan tab and follow the on-screen commands.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Make sure you load the document on the printer.
- Press the Scan button on the printer control panel.
- Press the up or down navigation button and select Scan to PC followed by File and press OK.
- Press the Start button to initiate the scanning process.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN TROUBLESHOOTING
Like any other printer, the Brother DCP 7065DN Setup can also become faulty at times. In this article, we have mentioned some issues you might face when you operate with this printer. The solutions are provided along with the topics.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN PRINTER OFFLINE
The printer going offline is quite common and there are different methods to solve the issue. Here, we have mentioned the best and the easiest method.
DISABLE THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION (Windows users)
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Brother printer.
- Do a right-click and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Click the checkbox to disable the Use Printer Offline option.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN WON’T SCAN
- Make sure that you have set the original document properly on the scanner glass.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to the computer.
- If you want to clean the scanner glass, turn off the Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup.
- Open the document cover.
- Have a lint-free cloth ready in hand and wipe the scanner glass in all directions evenly.
- In the ADF unit, clean the white bar and the scanner glass strip with a cloth dabbed in water.
- Try to scan a document and see if the issue has been cleared.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN RESET DRUM ERROR
When you encounter a drum error with the Brother DCP 7065DN printer, the best solution is to clean the corona wire. Here are the steps.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the front cover and leave the printer idle for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Slowly use the handle and remove the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly from inside the printer.
- Gently locate and slide the green tab on the assembly to clean the corona wire. Repeat the steps a couple more times from left to right.
- Hold the handle and place it back inside the printer the same way you took it out. Make sure it sits in place.
BROTHER DCP 7065DN PAPER JAM
Paper jam is one of the most commonly occurring issues with the Brother DCP 7065DN Setup. When it comes to this particular printer, paper jam occurs in several places.
Jam in the standard paper tray:
- Remove the paper tray from the Brother printer completely.
- Look inside the tray slot, then locate and gently remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Make sure the paper in the paper tray does not exceed the tray limit.
- Arrange the stack properly and then place the paper tray back inside the printer.
Jam at the back of the printer:
- With the printer turned on, open the front cover and let the machine cool down.
- Use the handle and remove the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly from inside.
- Turn the printer to its rear side, pull down the back cover.
- Pull down both the tabs (on the left and right) and release the fuser cover.
- Use both hands, locate and remove the jammed paper without damaging the paper further.
- Close the fuser cover & the back cover of the Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup.
- Close the front door of the printer.
Jam inside the machine:
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the front cover and let the printer cool down.
- Remove the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly.
- This will release the jammed paper if there are any.
- Look inside the printer and remove the jammed paper carefully without damaging it further.
- If there is a jammed paper inside the drum unit, push the green tab on the sides.
- Clear the jammed paper inside the drum unit.
Jam in the Duplex tray:
- If the printer encounters a paper jam in the duplex tray, the display will show the message Jam Duplex.
- Leave the printer turned on and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn the printer to its rear side. Then remove the jammed paper if you see any coming out.
- Remove the duplex tray and slowly remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Place the duplex tray back into the Brother Dcp 7065dn Setup.