- Home »
- Brother Dcp 8085DN Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP 8085DN SETUP
Brother DCP 8085DN is a Laser multi-functioning printer that enables you to print, scan, and copy. The device is designed for professionals and delivers high speed, high impressive quality documents that improve efficiency and productivity. Features like auto duplex printing, auto document feeder, etc., will make printing easier. The device comes up with a high yield toner cartridge that reduces the operating cost. Are you looking for the complete setup instructions to install and use your Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup? Here we have explained those in detail.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
Step 1: Unpack The Brother DCP 8085DN
Unpack the printer and all its components from the package. Remove all the protective cover and tapes from the printer. Place the printer nearby the power outlet so that you can easily access it.
Step 2: Install The Toner Cartridge
- Press the release button on the front cover and open the front cover.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the package and take off all the protective materials.
- Gently shake the cartridge to spread the toner.
- Now insert the toner into the printer until you hear the click sound.
- Close the front cover.
Step 3: Load Paper
- Pull out the paper tray entirely out from the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup.
- Squeeze the paper guide so that paper can fit inside the tray.
- Load paper in the tray by keeping the printable side facing down.
- Adjust the paper guide and close the paper tray.
- Now raise the stopper from the output tray.
Step 4: Turn On Brother Dcp 8085dn
Take the provided power cord and connect it to the printer and a power outlet. Press the Power button and make sure the printer turns on. Select your language, date, and time and press OK.
Step 5: Installation Of Software
- Turn on your PC and connect it to the Internet.
- Insert the installation CD into your PC and install the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup driver software.
- You can also get the software from the official web page of Brother.
- Download and install the printer driver software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Search and locate the downloaded file and double click to install the software.
- Choose the connectivity method as Local connection and click Next.
- Proceed with the on-screen instruction to complete the installation.
- Now connect the USB cable to the printer and your computer.
- Your PC will recognize the Brother DCP-8085DN.
- Wait until the installation gets complete, and your device will display the installation is now complete message.
Brother DCP 8085DN Driver Download
Brother DCP 8085DN driver enables your PC to access the Brother printer. Mostly the printer driver installation CD will be provided along with the printer. If you don’t have the CD, download the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup driver from the Brother official web page.
Brother DCP 8085DN Driver for Windows
- Open the default web browser on your Windows PC and go to the official web page of Brother.
- Search for the printer name and model and choose the Support tab on the Brother DCP 8085DN page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Choose Windows from the Select OS Family section, choose the OS version on the Select OS version section, and click OK.
- Click on the printer driver after accepting the End Users License Agreement.
- Wait until the download gets completed.
- Now install the driver on your computer.
Brother DCP 8085DN Driver for Mac
- Turn on your Mac and connect it to the Internet.
- Go to the Brother official web page and search for the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup model.
- Select the Support tab and choose Downloads on the support page.
- Select Mac from the Select OS family section and choose the OS version of your Mac from the Select OS version section.
- Select the driver from the list and select Download after accepting the End Users License Agreement.
- Now run the downloaded driver and complete the setup process.
Brother DCP 8085DN Manual Download
Go to the Brother official web page and search for the printer model. Select the Support tab and choose Manual from the left side of the support page. Now select the Manual from the list and click Download.
Brother DCP 8085DN Wireless Setup
Though Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup has many admirable features with a professional outlook, the device doesn’t support a wireless network connection. You can access the printer by connecting via USB cable, Ethernet network, etc., so try connecting the device through other network features.
- To set up your Brother printer using USB, initially, complete the hardware setup of the printer.
- Download the Brother printer driver from the official Brother support page. Alternatively, you can use the printer Installation CD to install the driver.
- Run the printer driver setup file and follow the prompts that appear on the screen.
- When you see the setup wizard prompting you to establish the connection, connect a USB cable between your printer and computer.
- Complete the driver installation and access the printer from your computer.
Brother DCP 8085DN Toner Replacement
- Press the release button to open the front panel of your printer.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge from the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup by lifting them.
- Press the lever and take off the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Now remove the new toner cartridge from the protective cover and remove the protective materials from the cartridge.
- Place the new toner on the drum unit and assemble it.
- Gently shake the drum unit to spread the toner all over the cartridge.
- Now insert the drum unit into the machine firmly until you hear the click sound.
Brother DCP 8085DN Scan Setup
Brother DCP 8085DN allows you to scan the document you wish, either a single document or multiple, and the documents can be saved to your computer. Let us see how to scan.
- Connect your printer to a PC and install the printer driver.
- Place the document on the glass panel or ADF, depending on the size of the page you want to scan.
- Press the scan button on the printer control panel.
- You can also configure the scan settings on the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup control panel.
- Select the location to save the scanned document and press OK.
- Press Start, Black, or Color as per your wish.
- Wait until the document is scanned and check if the file is saved to the computer.
Brother DCP 8085DN Scan to Email
- Load the document on the glass platen or ADF.
- Press the Scan button on the printer control panel.
- Select the Scan to PC option from the list and choose to Send to Email.
- Press OK and then Start.
- Press Black or Color based on the required scan type and wait until the scanning gets complete.
Brother DCP 8085DN Troubleshoot
Most of the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup errors that one may face can be easily fixed with the right troubleshooting steps. However, if the printer is not handled properly, the errors might reoccur. If your printer is offline, or if the printer doesn’t print, reach out to us and we shall help you with the troubleshooting steps. Also, we have briefed the basic troubleshooting steps for the Brother DCP 8085DN printer in the below section.
Brother DCP 8085DN Printer Offline
- Check the printer connectivity.
- Restart the printer and your computer.
- Make sure there is no defect in the USB cable.
- If you find the issue to be with the USB cable, then disconnect the cable and connect it again to another port.
- If possible, consider replacing the USB cable.
- Go to your computer and check the Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup properties.
- Check whether the Use printer offline option is enabled. If yes, disable the option and then see if the printer is online.
- Still if the printer stays offline, reinstall the printer driver.
Brother DCP 8085DN Won’t Turn On
Sometimes, if the printer is not used for a long time, it might go to the sleep mode. So, restart the printer and ensure it turns on. If this doesn’t work, then disconnect the power cord from the power outlet directly and connect it again after few minutes. This process will make the printer turn on. Ensure the power cable is not damaged. If yes, then change the power cable and try connecting the printer.
Brother DCP 8085DN Reset Drum Error
If you continuously receive the reset drum error on your Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup, reset the drum unit and make sure the error doesn’t occur again.
Open the front cover of the printer by pressing the release button and press the Clear or Back button on the printer control panel. Press 1 to reset the drum counter and close the front cover when the reset process gets completed.
Brother DCP 8085DN Paper Jam
- If the paper gets jammed, you will see the relevant error message on the printer.
- Stop the printer and open the front panel.
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer and close the front panel.
- To avoid paper jam, fan the paper stack before loading in the tray.
- Also, make sure to load paper within the maximum tray limit. Overloading the tray could also lead to paper jam issues in Brother Dcp 8085DN Setup.