- Home »
- BROTHER DCP J125 PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP J125 SETUP
Brother DCP J125 Setup is a multifunctional inkjet printer. It prints both in color and black & white at a 6000 x 1200 dpi resolution. This printer supports A4 paper, photo paper, envelopes, labels, cards, and transparencies. The printer’s paper tray holds up to 50 sheets. It has a flatbed color scanner technology with a maximum optical resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi. It is compact and is mainly designed for small office and home usage. This printer has an LCD screen, and you can easily see the menu on the LCD screen. It supports memory cards, and you can directly copy, print and, scan using them.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Open the printer box and take the following contents out of the box.
- The Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Power Cord.
- USB Cable.
- Inbox Ink Cartridges (Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta).
- Installation CD-ROM.
- Documentation CD-ROM.
- Basic User’s Manual.
- Quick Setup Guide.
- First, place the printer on a flat surface and then remove the plastic package cover.
- Remove all the blue protective tape from around the printer.
- Open the scanner lid and then take out the transparent sheet. Now, close the scanner lid.
- Grab and pull the paper tray completely out of the printer. Next, remove the blue protective tape and protective material.
- Insert the paper tray into its original position.
Steps to Load Paper:
- To load a paper stack, you have to pull the paper tray completely out of the Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Next, lift the output tray cover on top of the paper tray.
- Now, press and then slide the side paper guides and paper length guides to their extreme positions.
- Take a paper stack and then load it into the paper tray.
- Slide all the paper side guides and the paper length guides to hold the edges of the paper stack.
- Make sure that the loaded paper is flat in the paper tray, then lower the output paper tray cover, and then gently push the paper tray into the printer until it stops.
- Finally, pull the paper support until it snaps and unfolds the paper support flap.
Turning on the printer:
- Plug one end of the supplied power cord to the Brother DCP J125 Setup and the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Next, press the Power button on the printer to turn it ON.
- Use the navigation keys on the printer control panel and then select your preferred language from the list. Press OK.
- Don’t connect the USB cable between the printer and computer at this stage. You can do it when you are prompted to do so during the software installation.
- Finally, the Brother Dcp J125 printer unboxing and basic setups are now complete.
How to Install Ink Cartridges?
- If the LCD screen displays the No Ink Cartridge message, then it’s time to install the new ink cartridge on the Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- First, open the ink cartridge cover and remove the green protective material from the cartridge area.
- Remove all the ink cartridges from the packages.
- Now, turn the green nob in the clockwise direction on the yellow cap until it snaps to release the vacuum seal and then remove the cap.
- Insert each ink cartridge into its slot as per the color mentioned on the printer itself.
- Press the ink cartridge until it snaps. And then, repeat the steps to install the rest of the ink cartridges.
- After installing the ink cartridges, wait for few minutes to complete the ink tube cleaning process.
- Once the ink cartridges are installed, close the ink cartridge cover and then check the print quality.
- Finally, the ink installation on the Brother DCP J125 Setup is now complete.
Brother DCP J125 Driver for Windows:
The driver is the pathway to connect the computer and the printer to the same network. You can install the drivers from the Installation Setup CD-ROM; if your Windows computer does not support a CD drive, we have other options to download the driver for your Windows computer. Follow these steps to download the driver for your Windows computer.
- On the computer, launch the default web browser and then go to the Brother official support website.
- On the Brother support home page, select your country/region.
- If a new screen pops up again, select your country and region.
- It will direct you to the Support & Downloads web page for Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Under the Search by Category tab, click Downloads.
- On the next page, enter your printer model number in the Search by Model Name text field and then click Search.
- Now, the default web browser will automatically detect your computer’s Operating System.
- But, if you want to change the OS, click the Windows radio button under the Select OS Family column.
- Under the Select OS Version column, select the required OS version from the list and then click OK.
- If you want to change the language, click the Language drop-down box and then select the language from the list.
- Click on Full Driver and Software Package (Recommended), and it will start downloading the full driver package onto the computer for Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- If you want to customize your driver downloading, you can select the preferred software from the list and download it onto the Windows computer.
- Finally, the printer driver for your Windows computer is downloaded successfully.
Brother DCP J125 Driver for Mac:
- On the Mac computer, open the default web browser and go to the official Brother support website.
- On the Home page, click your country. Now, a new screen pops up again. Here, choose your country or region.
- Under Support & Downloads, you can search for the most appropriate driver for your Mac.
- Click Downloads under the Search by Category tab.
- Type your printer model name in the Search by Model Name text field and then click Search, or you can search for your Brother DCP J125 Setup driver in the Search by Product Category option.
- The web browser automatically detects your OS Family and Version; if you want to change it, follow the below steps.
- On the next page, under Select OS Family, click the Mac radio button.
- Below the Select OS Version column, choose the required OS version from the list, and then click OK.
- The driver download page opens. Here, click the Language drop-down box, and then select your preferred language from the list.
- There is no full driver package for Mac OS; you can download the drivers and firmware separately.
- Under the Drivers column, click Printer Driver; it will automatically start downloading the driver onto the Mac computer.
Brother DCP J125 Manual Download:
- To download the Brother DCP J125 Setup manual, first, you have to open the default web browser.
- Go to the official Brother support website, and select your country.
- On the next pop-up screen, select the country or region.
- On the Supports & Downloadspage, click Manuals.
- Enter your printer model name in the Search by Model Name column and then click Search.
- You can also search for the Manual under the Search by Product Category option.
- On the Manuals page, click the Language drop-down list and select your preferred language from the list.
- From the Manuals page, you can download the User’s Guide or the Setup Guide.
- Click Download to get the required manuals.
- Finally, the Brother DCP J125 Setup manual download is complete.
Brother DCP J125 Wireless Setup
Before starting with the wireless setup, make sure that the access point or wireless router is configured to an active network.
- Place the router near the Brother printer.
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON.
- Now, press the Menu button on the Brother printer control panel.
- Use the arrow keys and select Network and then press OK.
- Next, select WLAN and then press OK.
- On the next screen, select Setup Wizard and then press OK.
- If your network is not password protected, the Brother printer will automatically connect to the network.
- If the Brother DCP J125 Setup is successfully connected to the network, the LCD screen displays Connected.
- Now, insert the Setup CD-ROM into the computer and run the setup file.
- Choose the language in the Select Language dialog box and then click OK.
- In the next window, read the license agreement carefully and then click Yes to agree to the license agreement.
- Now, select the Standard radio button and then click Nexton the Setup Type screen.
- If it prompts to connect the USB cable, insert one end of the USB cable to the computer’s USB port and the other end into the printer’s USB port. Click Next.
- Next, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the wireless setup.
- The Brother DCP J125 wireless setup is now complete.
Brother DCP J125 Cartridge Replacement:
- If the INK LOW message displays on the Brother DCP J125 Setup LCD screen, check which ink cartridge is running low on ink.
- Open the ink cartridge cover and then lower the lock lever to unlock the ink cartridge.
- Remove the ink cartridge that is indicated on the LCD display.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from the package and twist the green knob on the yellow protective cap clockwise to release the vacuum seal.
- Place the new ink cartridge into its slot and then press until it snaps.
- Once the ink cartridge is installed properly, close the ink cartridge cover.
- The Brother DCP J125 printer will automatically reset the ink level.
- The ink cartridge replacement on your printer is completed successfully.
Brother DCP J125 Scan Setup:
- Before you start the scan setup, make sure that the Brother DCP J125 Setup is turned ON.
- Check if the scanner driver is installed on your computer.
- Make sure that the printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Open the document cover and then place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Align the document to the arrow mark on the scanner glass.
- Launch the scanning software, and then click File > Scan or Get Photo.
- Now, the Scan or Get Photo section appears on the screen. Now, click the Select button.
- On the next screen, choose the printer from the available list, and then click Scan.
- You can change the scan settings in the Scanner Setup dialog box.
- Once the scan settings are complete, click the Start button.
- Now, the scanning process starts, and when the scanning is complete, click Cancel.
- Finally, the scan setup is completed successfully for Brother DCP J125 Setup.
Brother DCP J125 Scan To Email:
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON and the scanner driver is installed on the computer.
- Open the document cover and then place the document on the scanner glass.
- On the printer control panel, press Scan.
- With the help of the arrow key, select Scan to E-mail and then press OK.
- Save the email address on the printer and select JPEG or PDF and then press OK.
- With the help of the scanner driver, you can directly send the scanned document to email.
- On the Windows computer, click Start > All Programs > Brother> XXX XXX(where XXX XXX denotes the printer model number. Here, it will be DCP J125), and then choose ControlCenter.
- Click Configuration > Scan > E-mail.
- From the E-mail Application drop-down box, choose the desired option for Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Now, click the Add button and then enter the email address.
- From the File Type drop-down box, choose the file format and then click OK.
- Finally, the scan to email setup is completed successfully.
Brother DCP J125 Troubleshoot:
Troubleshooting is a method to clear the printer errors and issues. With the help of the troubleshooting methods, you can find out the reason why the printer is not working properly and can resolve the issue immediately.
Brother DCP J125 Printer Offline:
- If the printer screen is blank, check if the power cord is connected properly to the printer, and then press the Power button to turn ON the Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Make sure that the USB cable is properly connected between the Brother printer and the computer.
- On the Windows 10 computer, click the Start button and then click the Settings icon.
- In the Settings window,locate and click Devices.
- Click Printers & scanners in the Devices window.
- On the Printers & scanners screen, select the Brother DCP J125 printer and then click Open queue.
- Under the Printer tab, deselect the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options.
- Now, your Brother printer’s offline issue is cleared.
Brother DCP J125 Won’t Print:
- If you can’t print with your Brother printer, check the printer network connection.
- Check if the router is connected to the modem and has Internet access.
- Ensure that you have loaded sufficient paper in Brother DCP J125 Setup.
- Check the ink levels in the cartridges. If any cartridge is running low on ink, you might have to replace it with a new one.
- Make sure that your printer is online. In case it is offline, it cannot print.
- Uninstall the old driver from the Windows computer. Download the latest driver from the Brother official website and install the latest driver on the computer.
- If the printer is not set as the default, it won’t work; when you change the Brother printer as the default one, it might resolve the issue.
- To set the Brother DCP J125 Setup as the default printer, click the Start icon on the Windows 8 computer and then type “control panel” in the search box.
- Select the Control Panel app from the search list.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
- On the Devices and Printers screen, check if the green tick mark appears on the printer icon; if there is no green tick mark, your printer is offline/not set as the default printer.
- Right-click on the printer icon and then click See what’s printing > Printer.
- On the Printer tab, click Cancel All Documents and then select Set As Default Printer.
- Now, restart your printer and then check if it can print or not.
Brother DCP J125 Reset Drum Error:
- The Brother DCP J125 Setup does not have a drum unit, and so, you don’t have to worry about resetting the drum error.
- Instead of that, you can factory reset your printer network settings.
- If the Brother printer is not working, except for the power cord, unplug all the cables from the printer.
- Press the Menu button on the printer.
- Use the navigation keys and then select Network and then press OK.
- Select Factory Reset or Network Reset and then press OK.
- On the following menu, press ‘+’ to reset.
- Now, the printer will restart automatically, and all the memory will be deleted from the printer.
- Re-connect all the cables when the reset process is complete.
- Again, connect the Brother DCP J125 Setup to your wired or wireless network.
Brother DCP J125 Paper Jam:
- If the paper is jammed inside the Brother printer, power off the printer, in case it is turned on. Disconnect the power cord and then open the scanner cover.
- If the print head is on the right side, hold down STOP/EXIT until the print head moves to the center.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Now, slide the print head with your fingers and gently pull the jammed paper out of the printer.
- If any small piece of paper is still jammed inside the paper, use a pair of tweezers to remove the jammed papers.
- Now, close the scanner cover.
- Turn the Brother DCP J125 Setup around and then open the Jam clear cover; grab the jammed paper with your hands. Completely remove the jammed paper from the printer. Ensure that you do not damage the paper any further.
- Now, close the Jam clear cover.
- If the paper is jammed inside the paper tray, pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Look where the paper is jammed. Now, gently grab and pull the jammed paper out of the printer.
- Once the paper is removed, insert the paper tray back into the printer.
- Again, connect the power cord to the printer and press the Power button to turn ON the printer.
Hopefully, the Brother DCP J125 Setup and troubleshooting are completed successfully. In case you have any doubts/queries regarding the procedures on this page, click the CALL button to get remote assistance from our Technical Team.