- Home »
- BROTHER DCP J525W PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP J525W SETUP
Brother DCP-J525W is a multifunctional printer that has a touchscreen panel for easy access to the printer settings. This printer delivers fast print speeds and supports wireless connectivity. Setting up this printer has become easier now with our Brother Dcp J525W Setup steps.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Brother DCP-J525W printer setup, follow the quick steps given below.
Unboxing the printer:
- Start by unpacking the printer from the package.
- Take out the following box contents:
- Ink cartridges
- Quick setup guide
- Power cord
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remove the plastic bag from the paper tray and take out the ink cartridges.
- Once you have done checking all the printer components, proceed to load the paper.
- Pull the paper tray out from the printer.
- Open the output tray cover and slide apart the paper guides.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper stack using the paper guides.
- Refix the output tray cover and push the paper tray back into the printer.
- Remember to pull out the paper support and unfold the paper support flap.
Configuring the basic settings:
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- Choose your language using the navigation icons on the touchscreen panel and press the Yes button.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- When the printer shows the ‘No Ink Cartridge’ message, open the ink cartridge cover and remove the orange protective part inside the unit.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the green release lever.
- Insert each ink cartridge inside the unit.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and press the Start button to check the print quality.
- Select the LCD contrast, date, and time on the touchscreen panel.
Installing the printer software:
- Insert the provided CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive to start the driver installation wizard.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software from the setup wizard.
- Choose your connection type and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Complete the driver installation by following the on-screen instructions and verify the printer functionality.
BROTHER DCP J525W DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The driver for your Brother DCP-J525W printer is available on the CD-ROM that is provided with your printer package. If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can download the driver for your Brother DCP-J525W printer from the official Brother site.
BROTHER DCP J525W DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before starting, remove any previously installed Brother printer driver on your Windows computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected between your printer and computer, if any.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable before launching a browser on your computer.
- Go to the official Brother site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search result and select the option that directs you to the Downloads page.
- Check if your Windows OS version has been detected and is displayed in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- Click OK and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- Finally, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button and save the driver file to your computer.
BROTHER DCP J525W DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, launch the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Type ‘Brother DCP-J525W’ in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link that directs you to the Downloads page.
- In the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your macOS version if it is not detected automatically.
- Click OK and choose the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- Open the downloaded driver file and run the installation wizard to install the driver.
BROTHER DCP J525W MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Brother DCP-J525W printer is provided with the printer package during the first-time purchase. If the manual is not available, click the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can download the manual from the official Brother site.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Choose the printer model from the search result and click the link that directs you to the Manuals page.
- If necessary, choose your language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Select the required manual from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon and save the manual to your computer.
BROTHER DCP J525W WIRELESS SETUP
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Place your printer close to your router and remove any wireless gadgets around it. Doing so will reduce Wi-Fi interference during the wireless setup.
- Next, identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your computer to your wireless network using the correct wireless credentials.
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
Wireless setup using the printer control panel:
- Turn on your Brother DCP-J525W printer and ensure that it is loaded with paper.
- On your computer, run the driver installation wizard using the provided CD-ROM or downloaded driver package.
- Click Install MFL-Pro Suite if you run the setup file from the CD-ROM.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless Network Connection option as your connection type and click Next.
- When the Firewall/AntiVirus detected screen appears, select the Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation option.
- Click Next and choose the Use your computer or the control panel directly option.
- Select the Configure through the control panel manually option and click Next.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Menu button.
- Select the Network option followed by Setup Wizard.
- When the LCD panel shows the ‘Enable WLAN?’ message, tap Yes.
- Wait for your printer to search for the nearby wireless networks.
- Choose your SSID and enter the network key.
- Tap OK and wait for your printer to connect to your wireless network.
- Once the connection is made, print the connection report and go to the setup wizard on your computer.
- Carry out the rest of the instructions in the setup wizard and complete the wireless setup.
BROTHER DCP J525W CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT
You should replace the ink cartridge on your Brother DCP-J525W printer if the LCD panel shows the B&W Print Only or Cannot Print error messages. For detailed instructions about replacing the cartridges on your printer, continue reading the steps given below.
- With the Brother DCP-J525W printer turned on, open the ink cartridge cover.
- Press the lock release lever and remove the cartridge you wish to replace from the printer.
- Open the new ink cartridge and turn the green release lever on the packing material.
- Remove the vacuum seal and orange protective tape from the cartridge.
- Insert the new cartridge into the printer until it clicks.
- Repeat the same steps to replace the required ink cartridges.
- Finally, close the ink cartridge cover and wait for the printer to reset the dot ink counter automatically.
BROTHER DCP J525W SCAN SETUP
The Brother DCP-J525W printer has a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents. You have several ways to scan your documents. You can use the following scan features from the printer control panel.
- Scan to File
- Scan to Email
- Scan to Image
- Web Service
For detailed instructions about the scan setup, continue reading the instructions given on this page.
BROTHER DCP J525W SCAN TO EMAIL
Using the printer control panel:
- Before starting the scan, ensure that you have installed the Brother printer driver on your computer.
- Next, turn on your printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Go to your printer’s touchscreen panel and tap the Scan icon.
- Use the navigation icons to choose your scan mode.
- Select the Scan to email option.
- If your printer is connected over Wi-Fi, select your computer from the displayed list.
- Finally, press the Start button to scan your document and save it as an email attachment to the email program on your computer.
BROTHER DCP J525W TROUBLESHOOTING
If your Brother DCP-J525W printer is not working as expected, check the actual cause behind the issue and execute the correct troubleshooting steps to fix it. Some common problems like paper jam, printer offline, wireless connection error, scan issues, and poor print quality are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. You can easily resolve the printer issues by contacting our technical experts. All you have to do is click the Call button on this page.
BROTHER DCP J525W PRINTER OFFLINE
Is your printer status offline on your Windows computer? This can happen if there is a communication breakdown between your printer and computer. Bring your printer back online using the troubleshooting steps given below.
Solution 1: Check the printer connection
- First, check if your printer is turned on.
- Next, check the USB cable connected between your printer and computer.
- If you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the Wi-Fi status on the LCD panel.
- Try to restart your router and reconnect your printer to your wireless network.
- If the wireless connection issue persists, run the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to detect and repair the connection issues automatically.
Solution 2: Set printer as default and disable Use Printer Offline
- On your Windows computer, open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Check if there is a green checkmark on your printer’s icon. If No, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, select your printer icon and check if the status is online.
- If the status is still offline, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- This should fix the printer offline issue.
BROTHER DCP J525W WON’T PRINT
- If your Brother DCP-J535w printer is not printing any documents, check the connection status.
- Fix the connection issue, if any.
- Next, check if your printer is loaded with some plain paper.
- Always use printer-supported media for printing and select the correct paper settings.
- On your computer, open the Print dialog box and check if your printer is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Preferences or Properties button to open the Brother printer properties window.
- Check the print settings and make changes, if necessary.
- Click OK and print your document to check if the problem is resolved.
- If the printing issue persists, reinstall the printer driver.
BROTHER DCP J525W RESET DRUM ERROR
You cannot reset the drum unit counter on your Brother DCP-J525W printer because it uses cartridges and a print head for printing. When you replace the ink cartridges, the printer will reset the ink dot counter automatically. To know how to reset your printer to factory default settings, keep reading the instructions below.
- Go to the touchscreen panel of your printer and press the Menu button.
- Select the Initial Setup option using the navigation icons and tap Yes.
- Choose the Reset option and select All Settings.
- Tap Yes to confirm your action. Tap and hold down the button for two seconds to reboot your printer.
- Now, your printer will be restored to factory default settings.
BROTHER DCP J525W PAPER JAM
If a paper is jammed inside your Brother DCP-J525W printer, the LCD panel will display the Paper Jam error. Keep reading the instructions below to know what to do when you see this error.
- First, turn off your printer by unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for the printer to cool down.
- Pull the paper cassette out from the printer and open the output tray cover.
- Pull the two green levers inside the printer to release the jammed paper.
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- Ensure that there are no paper bits or foreign objects inside the printer.
- Check if you have loaded the printer-supported media. If not, reload the plain paper into the cassette and adjust it with the paper guides.
- Remember not to adjust the paper stack tightly with the paper guides.
- Close the output tray cover and refix the paper cassette into the printer.
- Restart your Brother Dcp J525W Setup and check if the Paper Jam error is fixed.