- Home »
- BROTHER DCP 1616NW PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP J572DWSETUP
Brother DCP J572DW Setup is a multi-functional printer that is designed for small homes and offices for printing, scanning, and copying. This printer offers wireless connectivity, ADF, 1.8 in. TFT color LCD, color copy, scan to email, and more. It is easy to set up and use. However, some users find it difficult to unbox and set up the printer. If you’re also the one among them, scroll down this page to know the simple and easy way to unbox and set up your Brother printer.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the printer setup, follow the quick steps given below.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
If you have already unpacked your printer, then skip this step.
- Open your printer box and check to make sure that the below-mentioned components are provided along with the printer.
- Inbox ink cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, & magenta)
- Quick setup guide
- Product safety guide
- Brother installation guide
- Brother installation Disc
- Power cord
- Now, take the printer out of the packing cover and place it on a clean surface.
- Clear all the packing tapes and materials present from the Brother DCP J572DW Setup.
- After unpacking the printer completely, place it close to an electrical outlet.
Step 2: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper tray.
- Get a stack of paper that meets your printing needs.
- Now, open the output tray cover.
- Align the width guides depending on the paper that you’ll be loading.
- Load paper and adjust the width guides properly.
- Close the output cover and place the tray back into your printer.
Step 3: Turning on the printer
- Get the power cord that is provided along with the printer.
- Now, using the power cord, connect your printer to an active power outlet.
- Gently raise your printer’s control panel.
- Turn on the Brother DCP J572DW Setup by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- Once the printer becomes stable, configure the initial settings by following the on-screen prompts.
Step 4: Installing the inbox ink cartridges
- Open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Unpack all four inbox ink cartridges.
- Now, install the unpacked cartridges into their slots. Before installing the black ink cartridge, shake it 15 times and then install it. (Note: Shake only the black cartridge.)
- Make sure that the cartridges are installed correctly.
- Close the cartridge cover.
Step 5: Connecting your printer to a device
- If you wish to install your Brother printer to a desktop or laptop, then run the Brother DCP J572DW Setup installer software on it, and choose the desired connection type during the driver installation.
- Similarly, to connect the printer to your smartphone, use the Brother iPrint&Scan app.
- After connecting the printer to your device, print a test page to check whether the Brother DCP-J572DW printer setup is done.
BROTHER DCP J572DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Want to download the Brother DCP-J572DW printer driver for your OS? Click the Driver Download button provided on this page. On the other hand, you can visit the official support page for the printer and download the driver.
BROTHER DCP J572DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
The Brother DCP-J572DW full driver & software package recommended for Windows contains all the necessary drivers needed for the printer to perform the printer-related operations. To download the Brother DCP J572DW Setup driver from this page, click on the Driver Download or Driver Download for Windows button provided.
BROTHER DCP J572DW DRIVER FOR MAC
The Brother iPrint&Scan application is the recommended printer driver for Mac. You can download this application from either the Apple App Store or the printer’s official support page.
BROTHER DCP J572DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Download the soft copy of your Brother printer’s user guide from this page by clicking the Manual Download button provided.
BROTHER DCP J572DW WIRELESS SETUP
- Initially, gather your wireless network’s credentials such as SSID and password.
- Next, place your Brother printer within the range of the router to avoid the connectivity issue during the wireless setup.
- Turn on your Brother DCP J572DW Setup and the wireless router if they are turned off.
- Now, from the printer’s Settings screen, select the Network option followed by WLAN.
- Press the OK button if the “WLAN Enable?” message is displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, the Wi-Fi setup wizard searches for the wireless networks that are available within your printer’s range.
- Once the available network names are displayed on the screen, locate and choose your network’s SSID.
- When prompted, type the selected network’s password in the given field and press OK.
- Now, your printer will try to connect to the selected network.
- Once the printer is connected to the selected network, begin the software installation on your computer.
- During the software installation, select the connection type as Wireless.
- After installing the printer driver, print a test page to check whether the wireless setup is done correctly for Brother DCP J572DW Setup.
BROTHER DCP J572DW TONER REPLACEMENTThe Brother DCP-J572DW printer doesn’t use toner. It uses four inbox ink cartridges to deliver high-quality printouts. But, when the ink level of the cartridge becomes low or empty, you can replace it with a new one. If you want to replace the ink cartridge of your printer, carry out the following instructions.
- Initially, get the replacement ink cartridge.
- Next, open the cartridge cover.
- Remove the cartridge that you wish to replace.
- Now, unpack the new cartridge and install it in its slot.
- If you’re replacing the black cartridge, shake it horizontally 15 times, and then install it in its slot.
- Close the cartridge cover of Brother DCP J572DW Setup.
BROTHER DCP J572DW SCAN SETUP
You can use the Brother DCP-J572DW printer control panel to scan and save the document as a PDF file, to a USB flash drive, or as an editable text file. To configure the scan settings, use the printer control panel. Use the ControlCenter4 software (Windows) or Brother iPrint&Scan (Mac) to configure the advanced scan settings.
- Scan to computer: Connect your printer to the computer over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection. Install the necessary scanner driver on your computer.
- Scan to USB: Insert the flash drive into your printer. Choose the Scan to Media option while performing the scan operation.
- Scan to email: This feature doesn’t support Webmail services. However, you can scan and save the document or photo of your desire as an email attachment using the Scan to Image or Scan to File feature. To know the Brother DCP J572DW Setup scan to email process in detail, scroll down this page.
BROTHER DCP J572DW SCAN TO EMAIL
- Initially, load the original (document or photo) that you want to scan to email.
- Next, open the Scan wizard by pressing the Scan button.
- Select to PC > to E-mail.
- If prompted, choose the computer that is connected to your printer.
- Press OK.
- If you wish to continue with the default scan settings, then press the Color Start or Mono Start button. Otherwise, select Scan Settings > Set at Device and follow the on-screen instructions to configure the scan settings.
- Once the scan settings are configured, initiate the scan operation by pressing either the Mono Start or Color Start button.
- Now, your Brother DCP J572DW Setup will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is complete, the scanned document will be saved as an email attachment on your computer.
BROTHER DCP J572DW TROUBLESHOOTING
While using the printer, there are many issues encountered by the users. The below section covers the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the most common printer issues.
BROTHER DCP J572DW RESET DRUM ERROR
The Brother DCP-J572DW printer doesn’t use a drum unit.
BROTHER DCP J572DW PRINTER OFFLINE
If the printer offline or paused message is displayed on the screen, then try the following troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Initially, make sure that your Brother DCP-572DW printer is turned on and ready for printer-related operations.
- Next, check whether your computer and the Brother DCP J572DW Setup are connected.
- If you set some other printer as the default one, then there is a chance for this issue to occur. So, set your Brother printer as the default one on the computer and then perform the print operation.
- Check if your printer driver is installed correctly on your computer. If not, uninstall the existing driver file and install the correct one.
- Restart the printer.
- If the solutions didn’t fix the printer offline error, factory reset the printer settings to default.
- To do so, select Initial Setup on the printer’s Settings screen. Choose Reset > OK and press the forward arrow button for 2 seconds to initiate the reset process.
- Once the printer settings are restored, reconfigure them from the beginning and then perform the print operation to check whether the Brother DCP J572DW Setup offline error is resolved.
BROTHER DCP J572DW WON’T PRINT
- As the first of troubleshooting, check whether your Brother printer is selected correctly in the Print Properties dialog box. If not, select it.
- Make sure that the paper tray of your printer has enough paper and the ink cartridges are installed properly.
- Check if any error message is displayed on your printer LCD. If yes, clear it and then perform the print operation.
- If many print jobs are queued, cancel them and then perform the current print operation.
- Make sure that the recommended paper type is loaded on your printer’s tray.
- Restart the printer.
BROTHER DCP J572DW PAPER JAM
Basically, the paper can jam in the front or the back of the printer. As soon as the paper is jammed, any one of the following message is displayed on the printer’s LCD: Jam C Rear (paper jam in the back of the printer) or Jam B Front/Repeat Jam B Front (paper jam in the of the printer).
To clear the paper jam error, remove the jammed paper from your Brother DCP J572DW Setup by following the instructions given below.
- Initially, turn off your printer.
- Next, take the paper tray out of the printer.
- Now, if the Jam C Rear message is displayed, then open your printer’s Jam Clear Cover and remove the jammed paper from it.
- Similarly, if the Jam B front message is displayed on the screen, then take out the paper tray out, look for the jammed paper inside the printer, and remove it.
- After clearing the paper jam message, reload the paper tray and perform the print operation.
Contact Us, to get more information about Brother DCP J572DW Setup and its other functions.