- Brother Dcp J725dw Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP J725DW SETUP
The compact three-in-one printer produces double-sided A4 documents and also quality borderless documents. You can use the printer’s automatic document feeder for scanning and copying functions. To know more about your Brother DCP J725DW setup procedure, check this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
To perform the printing or scanning operations, start with the basic setup procedure. It includes unpacking the printer, installing the cartridges, loading the paper, connecting the power cord, and installing the software. Let us now learn the steps in detail.
Unpacking the printer:
Open the product packaging box and check all the components present in it.
Clear the box by removing all the packaging materials from inside the box. Keep your Brother printer aside.
Remove all the protective tapes from the inside and outside of your printer.
Loading the paper:
As your paper tray holds 100 sheets of paper, you can load a maximum of paper for printing. Let us start learning the procedure to load the paper into the paper tray of your Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- Pull out the paper tray from your printer.
- Now, open the output paper tray cover and slide the paper guides. By sliding the paper guides, the paper fits corectly.
- Load the paper. Make sure that you do not overload the paper. Later, close the output paper tray cover and place the paper tray back into the printer.
Connecting the power cord:
To turn on your Brother printer, connect one end of the power cord to the back of your Brother printer.
Now, connect the other end to an electrical outlet.
Press the Power button. The printer turns on immediately. You can now choose your desired language on your printer control panel.
The printer LCD screen displays the No Ink Cartridges message. When you see this message, you need to install the ink cartridges in Brother DCP J725DW setup.
Installing the ink cartridges:
Before installing the ink cartridges, ensure that you remove all the protective tapes from your ink cartridges. Let us start installing them.
Open the ink cartridge cover on the left side.
- Unwrap the cartridge package.
- Now, turn the green release lever in the clockwise direction.
- Install the cartridge into the respective slot. Push the ink cartridge firmly.
Repeat the procedure for all the other ink cartridges.
- Finally, close the ink cartridge cover. You can now check the print quality of the four-color ink cartridges on your printer control panel.
- Later, set the date and time using the simple menu system of the 6.8 cm touchscreen.
The hardware setup for Brother DCP J725DW setup is now complete. You can now start the software installation process.
Installing the software:
As your printer comes with the Brother installation disc, you can insert it into the CD/DVD drive of your computer to connect your printer and computer.
Run the software package and continue with the on-screen instructions. If you want to download the latest driver, go to the official Brother website and choose the appropriate printer driver to download.
Later, run the downloaded file and choose the connection method according to your preference.
BROTHER DCP J725DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
You can download the printer driver from the manufacturer’s website by choosing the correct printer driver. Or else, you can download the printer driver by just clicking the Driver Download button from our support page.
BROTHER DCP J725DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Downloading the Brother DCP J725DW setup driver for your Windows computer is done with simple and easy steps. Here’s how to do it.
- Using your computer’s web browser, visit the official Brother website.
- On the Brother home page, enter the product name in the search field and then click Search.
- It directs you to the Downloads page.
- On the Downloads page, select the operating system as Windows and then click OK.
- Now, click the driver name link. You’ll be asked to read the license agreement.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish downloading the driver for Windows.
BROTHER DCP J725DW DRIVER FOR MAC
If you want to download the Brother DCP J725DW setup driver for your Mac computer, follow the steps given below.
- Using your computer’s web browser, go to the official Brother website.
- On the Brother home page, enter Brother DCP J725DW in the search bar and then click Search. You’ll be directed to the Downloads page.
- On the Downloads page, select the appropriate operating system and then click OK.
- Now, click the driver name link.
- Read the license agreement and then click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish downloading the driver for your Mac.
BROTHER DCP J725DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
As your Brother manufacturer provides you with an online manual, you can download it for more detailed information. Here’s how to download it for Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- On your computer, open a web browser.
- Visit the official Brother website.
- On the Brother home page, enter your printer name in the search bar and then click Search.
- You’ll be directed to the Downloads page. Click the Manuals tab in the left navigation bar.
- Click Download next to the manual of your choice.
BROTHER DCP J725DW WIRELESS SETUP
The wireless setup is done with simple and easy steps. You can check this page for step-by-step information.
Wireless setup using the supplied installation disc:
- Put the installation disc that came with your printer into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Now, click Install MFL-Pro Suite in the setup wizard.
- When prompted to choose the connection type, you can select the Wireless Network Connection and then click Next to continue with the further on-screen instructions for Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- When asked to select the USB cable method, you can choose the Temporarily to use a USB (Recommended) option. Start connecting the USB cable to your computer and printer temporarily and continue to make the settings on your setup wizard.
Later, remove the USB cable. The wireless setup is now complete. If you wish to establish the wireless connection manually using your printer control panel, you can follow the steps given below.
Wireless setup using the printer control panel:
- On your printer control panel, press Menu.
- Press the up or down arrow button. It displays the Network screen.
- From there, press Network and then press Setup Wizard.
- Press Yes. The printer starts the wireless setup wizard.
- Later, select the SSID and then enter the Network key.
- Finally, press Yes.
- Wait for few minutes until the printer connects to the wireless network. You’ll receive a connected message on your LCD screen.
Now, you’ve seen the wireless setup for your Brother DCP J725DW setup.
BROTHER DCP J725DW CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT
Whenever your printer runs out of ink, its LCD screen will display a message. The message insists you need to replace the ink cartridges. Here’s how to replace the ink cartridge.
- Open the ink cartridge cover on the left side.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge package.
- Remove all the protective materials from your cartridge.
- As each color has its position, you can insert the new ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Push it firmly.
- Later, close the ink cartridge cover. The Brother DCP J725DW setup resets the ink dot counter.
BROTHER DCP J725DW SCAN SETUP
You can scan using a scanner driver or by ControlCenter4 for your Windows computer. If you are using the TWAIN driver, you can find its setup procedure before scanning in this section.
- At first, load your originals either on the scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder. This would be your first step.
- Locate and launch the ScanSoft PaperPort 12SE software. Note: The software is installed during the driver installation.
- Select the Scan settings option. It opens the Scan or Get Photo panel.
- Now, click Select and then choose your driver name from the Available Scanners list.
- Click Scan. It opens the Scanner Setup dialog box for Brother DCP J725DW setup.
Start adjusting the settings in the dialog box. Some of the available settings are:
- Document size
- Contrast & Scan Type
Now, start adjusting the settings. Check the settings before you begin the scanning work.
Scan setup using the ControlCenter4 utility:
From the ControlCenter4 utility, you can choose your preferred interface. The available interfaces are:
- Home mode
- Advanced mode
To select or change the interface, start the ControlCenter4 utility on your Windows computer.
- Navigate to Configuration and then select the Mode Select option.
- The Mode dialog box opens now. Here, select one of the interfaces.
- If you are choosing the Home Mode option, check the following settings before scanning in Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- Click the Scan tab at the top. You’ll find some of the functions that can be used for scanning.
- Before scanning, choose the file type for saving.
- You can configure the settings in the PC Scan setting area, such as document size or resolution. Confirm the settings once again and then start the scanning process.
The scan setup is now complete.
BROTHER DCP J725DW SCAN TO EMAIL
You can scan the images and send them to your email using the ControlCenter4 utility. As the ControlCenter4 utility comes with two interfaces, you can switch to Advanced mode for scanning. Let us now learn how to scan images and send them to your email.
- At first, load your originals on the scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder of Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- On your Windows computer, start the ControlCenter4 software.
- Switch it in Advanced mode.
- From there, click the Scan tab. You’ll find four buttons or options on the screen.
- Open the E-mail button by right-clicking on it. Now, you can change the settings, such as brightness, document size, contrast, or auto-crop, as per your choice.
- You can click PreScan to preview the settings and then click OK.
- Select E-mail. Now, your scanned document is sent as an attachment.
- You can also scan using the Scan button on your printer control panel. Here’s how to do it.
- Press Scan on your printer control panel.
- Now, press the up or down arrow. Select the Scan to email feature.
- Later, press Start.
The scanning process starts now in Brother DCP J725DW setup.
BROTHER DCP J725DW TROUBLESHOOT
Though your Brother printer works very well with its advanced features, sometimes, it encounters problems, making you feel annoyed. You can troubleshoot the printer problems very easily when you find the root cause of it. After identifying the cause of your Brother printer’s problem, implement the solutions as described on our support page to resolve the problems.
BROTHER DCP J725DW PRINTER OFFLINE
If your printer is offline, follow the steps given below to resolve the problem.
At first, perform the basic troubleshooting. Check whether your Brother printer is turned on.
Verify whether your Brother DCP J725DW setup is properly connected to your computer.
Ensure that your printer is set as the default printer. Here’s how to do it.
Set as default printer:
- On your computer, navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sounds.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, find your printer and then right-click on it.
- From the list of options, select the Set as default printer option.
You can also delete or cancel all the print jobs from your printer. Here’s how to do it.
Deleting print jobs:
- On your computer, navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sounds and then click the Devices and Printers option.
- Locate and right-click your Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- From the list of options, select See what’s printing.
- Select the Printer menu at the top-left corner.
- Select Cancel All Documents.
- Another crucial task in resolving the offline issue is to ensure that the Use Printer Offline option on your computer is deselected.
BROTHER DCP J725DW WON’T PRINT
If your printer is not printing, you can check the steps given below to troubleshoot the problem.
- At first, check whether the interface cables are properly connected at both ends.
- If your printer does not print, check whether your cartridge has enough ink. If not, replace the old one with the new ink cartridge.
- Make sure that you have loaded sufficient paper in Brother DCP J725DW setup.
- You can check the print quality on your printer control panel. Here’s how to do it.
- On your printer control panel, press Menu.
- Press the up or down arrow. Select the Test Print option.
- Select Print Quality and then click OK.
- Now, press Color or Start to print the Print Quality Check Sheet.
- Check the quality and make the necessary changes.
Make sure that your printer is not offline or paused. Also, if your printer is connected over a wireless network, confirm that the wireless connection is working fine.
BROTHER DCP J725DW RESET DRUM ERROR
As your Brother DCP J725DW setup does not support the drum unit assembly, there are no possibilities to receive a drum error. You cannot reset it also. You can only reset your printer or its functions using the printer control panel.
BROTHER DCP J725DW PAPER JAM
If you find any paper jam issues, follow the steps given below.
- Pull out the paper tray completely from your printer.
- Take out the jammed papers from it.
- Ensure that you remove all the jammed papers.
- Later, close the paper tray.
Removing the jammed papers from the back of your machine:
Ensure that you leave the Brother printer to rest for 10 minutes.
- Open the back cover of your printer.
- Pull the green lever.
- Gently remove the jammed papers from it.
- Lift the Jam Clear Flap to remove the jammed papers.
- Now, open the Jam Clear Cover located at the back of your Brother printer.
- Take out the jammed papers.
- At last, close the Jam Clear Cover of Brother DCP J725DW setup.