- Home »
- BROTHER DCP L2530DW PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP L2530DW SETUP
Initially, unpack your Brother printer completely if you haven’t done it yet. After doing it, install the drum unit and load paper into the paper tray. Turn on the printer. Configure the initial settings. Finally, connect your printer to the computer or smartphone to complete the setup. Scroll down this page to know the Brother DCP L2530DW setup in detail.
Quick and simple steps to set up the Brother DCP-L2530DW printer for the first time
- Unpack your Brother printer completely.
- Now, get the printer’s drum unit that is provided along with the product package.
- Unpack the toner cartridge & drum unit assembly.
- Open your printer’s front cover.
- Locate the drum unit slot and insert the unpacked unit into it.
- Make sure that the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly is installed properly.
- Close the front cover.
- Now, get a stack of U.S. or A4 paper that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Open the paper tray of the printer.
- Move the width guides based on the paper type you’re loading.
- After loading the paper, align the width guides correctly again and place the tray back into the printer.
- Now, connect your Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Once your printer becomes stable, configure the initial settings by following the instructions displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, choose the desired connection type (USB or Wireless) to connect your printer to the computer or smartphone.
- Finish the connection process. Finally, install the printer driver or app on your device (smartphone or computer) to complete the Brother DCP L2530DW printer setup.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Download the latest version of the Brother DCP L2530DW printer driver for Windows or Mac from this page by clicking on the Driver Download button provided.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW DRIVER FOR MAC
Based on your macOS type, the Brother printer driver availability may vary. To download the printer driver for Mac, follow the instructions given here.
- Go to your Brother printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- If necessary, from the drop-down menu given, choose your macOS type correctly.
- Now, from the list of available printer drivers, select the one you need.
- Initiate the download process by clicking the Agree to EULA and Download button for Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup Driver.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended one for the Windows computer. This driver package contains all the printer drivers & utilities that are needed to access or perform the printer-related functions from your Windows computer. To download the printer driver for Windows, click on the Driver Download or Driver Download for Windows button provided on this page.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- Locate the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- Now, click on the located button to initiate the manual download process.
- Wait for the manual to download completely.
- Once the soft copy of the manual file is downloaded, you can open and utilize it as per your desire.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW WIRELESS SETUP
Wi-Fi setup using the printer’s control panel
- Initially, gather your wireless network’s SSID and password.
- Turn on your Brother printer, wireless router, and computer (or smartphone).
- Now, on your printer control panel, press the Menu button to open the menu screen.
- Choose Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard > Yes. Now, your Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup will look for the wireless networks available within its range.
- Choose your wireless network’s SSID from the list.
- Now, in the given field, type the password of your wireless network and press OK.
- Once your Brother printer is connected successfully to the wireless network, begin the driver installation on your computer. During the driver installation, select the Wi-Fi option as the connection type. If you’re a mobile user, then install the Brother iPrint & Scan app to connect the printer to it.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the Brother printer wireless setup is done correctly.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW TONER REPLACEMENT
- Start by getting a new or replacement toner cartridge.
- Turn on your Brother printer, if it is turned off.
- Now, open the printer’s front cover.
- Remove the drum unit assembly from its slot.
- Take the defective or empty toner cartridge out of the drum unit assembly.
- Now, unpack the new or replacement cartridge.
- Place the unpacked cartridge in the drum unit.
- Make sure that the drum unit is installed correctly.
- Close the front cover of the Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup.
- Print a test page to check the quality of the new toner cartridge.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW SCAN SETUP
First, make sure that you have installed the necessary scanner driver on your computer. If you wish to perform the “scan-to-computer” operation, make sure that the printer and your computer are connected to the same network. Similarly, if you wish to perform the “scan-to-email” operation, then confirm that the email settings are configured correctly using your printer control panel or the Brother ControlCenter software. Using the printer control panel, you can only modify the email settings temporarily. To modify them permanently, use the ControlCenter software of the printer installed on your computer.
Similarly, to perform the “scan-to-email” operation using your Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup control panel, make sure that you have configured Microsoft Outlook (Windows) or Apple Mail (Mac) with the Brother iPrint & Scan application.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW SCAN TO EMAIL
Scan-to-Email using the printer control panel
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- On the printer’s scanner glass, place the document’s scan side facing down.
- Make sure that the scanner cover is lowered.
- Now, initiate the scan operation by pressing the Scan button.
- Choose the Scan to PC option, followed by Email when prompted.
- Configure the scan settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is complete, the scanned document will be saved as an email attachment on your computer.
- Now, the email application installed on your computer opens automatically. In the Compose window, you can find a copy of the scanned document. Fill the To, Subject, and Message fields and click Send.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW TROUBLESHOOT
The common Brother DCP L2530DW Setup issues and the troubleshooting instructions for the same are given below. Contact us if you need remote assistance in resolving the same or another issue.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW PRINTER OFFLINE
- You need to make sure that your Brother printer is turned on.
- Next, check if your computer (Windows or Mac) or the smartphone and the printer are connected to the same network. If yes, go to the next step. Otherwise, connect both the devices (printer and computer or smartphone) to the same network to resolve this issue.
- Check whether the Use Printer Offline option is selected on your computer. If yes, deselect it and then perform the print operation.
- Restart your printer if necessary.
- If none of the above instructions resolve the “printer offline” issue, then factory reset your printer. To do so, from the Menu screen of your printer, select the Initial Setup option. Choose Reset > Reset the machine and press OK. Once the printer settings are restored, reconfigure them, and print a test page to check whether the Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup offline issue is resolved.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW WON’T PRINT
- If your Brother printer is not responding to the print operation, check whether any error message is displayed on its screen.
- If yes, clear the error message and then perform the print operation.
- If more than five or six print jobs are queued, cancel them and perform the current one.
- To cancel all the queued print jobs at once, hold down the Stop/Exit button on the printer control panel for four seconds.
- Restart the printer.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW RESET DRUM ERROR
Usually, after installing a new toner cartridge & drum unit assembly on your printer, you need to reset its counter. If you haven’t done it yet, then there is a chance for this error to occur. To reset your printer’s drum counter, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup.
- Make sure that the printer’s front cover is closed.
- Locate the OK & UP buttons on your printer control panel.
- Now, press and hold both the buttons at the same time to view the drum installed on your printer.
- Once it is displayed, select the drum (the one you want to reset) and press OK. Now, the drum counter reset process will be initiated.
BROTHER DCP L2530DW PAPER JAM
Usually, on the Brother DCP L2530DW printer, the paper can jam in the following parts: paper tray, output paper tray, back of the printer, inside the printer, and 2-sided tray. As soon as the Paper Jam message is displayed on your printer screen, restart the printer. If the same “Paper Jam” error message is displayed on the printer screen, then follow the below instructions to clear it.
- Try to identify the paper-jammed location.
- After identifying it, remove the jammed paper.
- While removing the paper, make sure that it is removed properly and not damaged further.
- Reload the paper tray and print a test page.
- If the Brother Dcp L2530dw Setup prints the test page successfully, it means the Paper Jam error is resolved.