- Home »
- Brother DCP L2550DW Printer
BROTHER DCP L2550DW SETUP
The Brother DCP L2550DW printer uses the electrophotographic laser print method to deliver high-quality print outputs. This printer has an LCD screen containing 16 characters that takes your printing experience to the next level. The functions supported by this printer are print, scan, and copy. It is compatible with USB, wireless, and LAN interfaces. Now, let’s see how to install the Brother DCP L2550DW Setup for the first time.
- Open the product box.
- Check whether the drum unit & toner cartridge, Brother installation disc, quick setup guide, and product safety guide are provided along with the printer.
- Contact your printer dealer or the manufacturer if any of the above-mentioned components seems missing or damaged inside the box.
- Now, unpack your Brother printer.
- Open the front door of your printer.
- Unpack the drum unit & toner cartridge and install it.
- After installing the toner cartridge, close the front cover of your printer.
- Now, remove the paper tray from the printer and load a stack of plain paper in it.
- Make sure to adjust the paper guides correctly.
- Place the tray back into the printer.
- Connect the Brother printer to an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- If necessary, change the default language of the printer.
- Connect your Brother printer to your network to complete the setup.
- For Desktop: Open the Brother printer driver on your computer. Choose the desired connection type during the installation. Finish the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- For mobile phones: If your OS is iOS, then use the AirPrint feature to connect the printer and your device together. IOS users can also use the Mopria Print Service app. This app is compatible with both the Android and iOS operating systems. The Brother iPrint & Scan application also allows you to connect your Android or iOS device to the Brother printer.
Brother DCP L2550DW Driver Download
- Download the Brother DCP L2550DW printer driver from this page by clicking the Driver Download button.
- Once you click the button, the driver download process will be initiated shortly.
- Generally, based on your current operating system, the available Brother printer driver(s) will be downloaded.
Brother DCP L2550DW Manual Download
- Locate the Manual Download button provided on this page and click on it.
- Now, a soft copy of the printer’s user manual will start to download on your computer.
Brother DCP L2550DW Driver Mac
- Go to the Brother printer’s official support page.
- Choose your Brother printer model.
- On your printer’s support page, click the Downloads tab.
- If required, choose your operating system type & version and click OK. Choose the driver you want and click the Download button beside it.
Brother Dcp l2550dw Wifi Setup
Quick steps to connect your Brother DCP L2550DW Setup to a wireless network
- Turn on your Brother printer, computer, and wireless router.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network (to which the printer is to be connected) before initiating the wireless setup.
- Now, open the Brother DCP L2550DW printer driver on your computer.
- Choose the language of your desire and accept the license agreement when prompted.
- Select the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option on the Connection Type screen.
- Now, the installer will detect the existing wireless network settings.
- Once it is done, verify them and click Next.
- Generally, the installer file will automatically detect your Brother printer.
- If it fails, check whether the Wi-Fi option is enabled on your printer.
- If not, enable it and then retry.
- In case the installer file fails again to detect your printer, then you need to manually connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Note down your wireless network credentials and go to the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard.
- Now, your Brother printer will try to detect the wireless network(s) available within its range.
- Select or enter the wireless network’s SSID and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Once the Brother printer is connected to the wireless network, return to the installation wizard and complete the remaining steps of the driver installation.
- Finally, try a test print.
Brother Dcp l2550dw Scan to Mail
The Brother DCP L2550DW printer’s scan to email feature doesn’t support the Webmail service. To scan a document and save it as an email attachment, you can use the scan to image or scan to file feature. The below section explains how to scan a document and save it as an email attachment on a connected computer.
- Make sure that your Brother DCP printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Now, load the original document that you want to scan on your printer’s scanner glass.
- Press Scan and select the Scan to PC option followed by E-mail.
- Choose the destination computer from the list and press OK.
- To begin the scan operation, press the Start button.
- If you wish to modify the default scan settings, then press Copy/Scan Options or Options.
- When prompted, choose the scan type and press OK > Start.
- Now, the Brother printer will start to scan the document.
- Once it is done, a copy of the scanned document will be saved on the selected computer.
- Now, the printer will launch your email application with the scanned document attached to a new email message.
Brother Dcp-l2550dw Scan To Mac
- Connect your Mac computer to the Brother DCP L2550DW Setup network.
- Insert the document that you want to scan on your printer’s scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Press the Scan option.
- Choose Scan to PC.
- Set the scan preferences as per your desire and press OK > Scan.
Brother Dcp l2550dw Toner Cartridge Replacement
- Turn on your Brother printer if it is not turned on.
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Locate the drum unit & toner cartridge installed inside the printer.
- Now, gently remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Now, unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Make sure to remove the protective cover of the cartridge.
- Now, install the new cartridge into the drum unit.
- Make sure to clean the corona wire of the drum unit. Install the cartridge assembly into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Brother DCP L2550DW Troubleshooting
Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Brother DCP L2550DW printer issues.
When your printer encounters an issue, it is informed to you by means of an error message. As soon as the error message is displayed on the printer or computer screen, try to identify it first. After identifying the error message, perform the basic solutions to clear it. The basic solutions are discussed below.
- Restart your Brother printer.
- Make sure that the printer and the computer are connected together.
- Check whether the paper is loaded properly in the tray and the ink cartridges are installed correctly.
- Make sure that you’re not using non-Brother supplies.
If the basic solutions don’t resolve the Brother printer issues, then perform the advanced solutions to clear it.
For example, if Paper Jam is displayed on the screen, then follow the below instructions.
- Look for the jammed paper in the paper tray, output paper tray, back of the printer, inside the printer, and the 2-sided tray of your Brother printer.
- If you find the jammed paper in any one of the above-mentioned parts, remove it gently.
- After removing the paper, check whether the Paper Jam message is cleared.
If the advanced solutions don’t resolve your Brother printer issues, then reset your printer to the default settings.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Initial Setup > Reset and press OK.
- Once your Brother settings have been restored, reconfigure them correctly.
Contact our technical experts over a call or a message to get remote assistance in resolving the Printer Brother DCP L2550DW Setup issues.