- BROTHER DCP T220 PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP T220 SETUP
Brother DCP T220 is a versatile printer that can print, scan, and copy. It can print 28 pages per minute; thus, it can meet your home and small-sized business needs. It can print reports and brochures with extraordinary quality. Continue reading the following topics to complete the Brother DCP T220 Setup.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
- Unpack the product box and take out the Brother DCP T220 printer and everything you received along with it.
- Your package includes a Brother DCP T220 printer, ink tanks, power cord, and a user guide.
- Remove all the protective coverings and packing tapes from the printer and its components.
Pour The Ink
- Take out the supplied ink bottles and remove their caps.
- Open the ink tank cover of the printer and remove the cap of the ink tank.
- Slide the ink bottle into the tank and pour the ink gently.
- Once you have poured all the ink from the ink bottle, take it out from the ink tank, and close the ink tank with its cap.
- Do the same for all the ink bottles, and make sure to pour the ink according to the color indications.
- Extend the paper tray from the Brother Dcp T220 Setup and slide the paper guides towards the edges.
- Take a stack of paper and fan and align the sheets neatly. Then, load them into the paper tray, slide the paper guides against the paper, and insert the paper tray into the printer.
Turn On The Printer
- Take out the power cord given along with your printer and connect it to the printer and an electrical socket.
- Then, turn on your Brother printer by pressing the ON button. Now, the light of the printer starts to show up.
- On your computer, launch the default browser, and go to the official support page of Brother.
- Enter your printer model and download an appropriate driver recommended for your OS.
- Run the setup file and install the driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Then, connect your Brother Dcp T220 Setup and computer through a USB cable, open the printer driver, and start printing.
Brother DCP T220 Driver Download
A driver is a kind of program that enables the printer to understand the language of the computer. In simple terms, a driver works like a translator between a printer and a computer. If there is no such thing called a printer driver, the printer might not understand the commands from the computer. When it comes to the driver for your Brother DCP T220 printer, you can download it from the official support page of Brother. Enter your printer name and download the driver compatible with your OS. Then, run the setup file and install the driver on your computer by following the on-screen steps.
Brother DCP T220 Driver For Windows
- In your browser, visit the official support page of Brother.
- In the search area, enter Brother DCP T220 Setup and press Enter. Next, pick your printer model from the list of search results.
- Now, you will be taken to the Support & Downloads page of your printer. Just below the printer’s image, a list of options will be displayed; choose Downloads.
- It will detect your OS automatically and show you a list of drivers compatible with the detected OS.
- You can also change the OS manually. Choose the OS Family as Windows and the version as the one you are using currently. Then, press the OK button.
- Now, it will show you the drivers recommended for the chosen OS.
- On the driver download page, read the license agreement and click on the Agree to the EULA and Download button if you agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Now, your printer driver starts to download in the background. Once the download is over, open the destination folder, run the setup file, and install the Brother Dcp T220 Setup driver on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Brother DCP T220 Driver for Mac
- On your computer, open a default browser and visit the official support page of Brother.
- In the Search by Model Name field, type Brother DCP T220 setup and press the Search button. Then, it’ll show you a list of products; choose your printer model from the list.
- Now, you will be taken to the Support & Downloads page. It’ll show you a list of options like Download, and so on. Choose the Downloads option.
- On the Downloads page, your OS will be automatically detected, and it will show you a list of drivers compatible with your OS.
- You can also change the OS according to your preference. First, choose the OS Family as Mac and the version you are using currently. Once selected, click the OK button.
- Now, it will show you a list of drivers recommended for the chosen OS. Choose the driver you require and click on it.
- On the driver download page, read the license agreement and if you agree with the terms and conditions, click on the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Now, the driver starts to download in the background, and it will show you how to install the downloaded driver.
- Then, go to the destination folder where the driver is downloaded, run the setup file, and install the same on your computer just by following the on-screen steps.
Brother DCP T220 Manual Download
- On your computer, open the default browser and visit the official support page of Brother.
- In the Search by Model Name field, enter Brother DCP T220 setup and click on the Search button.
- It’ll show you a list of products related to the entered printer model. Choose your Brother DCP T220 from the list, and it will direct you to the Support & Downloads page of your printer.
- On the Support & Downloads page, you can locate a list of options below your printer’s image. Find Manuals and click on it.
- The Manuals page will show you a list of manuals like the quick setup guide, online user guide, product safety guide, and a list of additional feature guides. Choose the user manual according to your preference and click on the Download button. Once the download gets completed, you can access it in the saved destination.
Brother DCP T220 Wireless Setup
Unfortunately, Brother DCP T220 setup doesn’t support wireless connection and you can connect it to your computer only through a USB cable.
Brother DCP T220 Toner Replacement
Your Brother DCP T220 printer does not have a toner. You need to refill the ink tanks with Brother’s ink bottles.
Brother DCP T220 Scan Setup
- On your Brother DCP T220 printer, you can scan from the printer control panel or printer software.
- For scanning from the printer control panel, launch Brother iPrint&Scan on your computer.
- On your Brother DCP T220 printer, choose the Machine Settings option to configure the settings. Then, go to the navigation menu, select Scan followed by Scan to PC.
- In the Scan to drop-down list, choose the type of scan you want. Then, select the PC Name option and select the computer name to which you prefer to send the scanned data. Then, choose the Submit button.
- Now, load the document to be scanned into the document feeder.
- Press the Mono Start and Color Start buttons simultaneously.
- Your printer starts to scan the document, and you can access it on your computer.
- If you prefer to scan the documents using the printer software, launch the Brother iPrint&Scan app on your computer. Make sure that your Brother Dcp T220 Setup is selected. If not, click on the Select your Machine button, choose your Brother printer from the list, and click on the OK button.
- Load the documents into the document feeder.
- Then, click on the Scan icon and follow the on-screen steps to scan your documents.
- Once the scanning is over, you can access the scanned file on your computer in the saved destination.
Brother DCP T220 Scan To Email
- With the Scan to E-mail feature on your Brother Dcp T220 Setup, you can send the scanned file from your printer to the e-mail application as an attachment.
- For scanning the documents to email, make sure that you have the respective application on your computer.
- On your computer, launch Brother iPrint&Scan. Then, click on the Machine Scan Settings option and click on the E-mail option.
- Configure the scan settings according to your preference and click on the OK button.
- Then, load the document into the printer document feeder and press the Mono Start and Color Start buttons simultaneously.
- Now, your Brother Dcp T220 Setup starts to scan the documents.
Brother DCP T220 Troubleshoot
Brother DCP T220 won’t Print
If you cannot print from your computer, you need to check the fundamentals first. You need to check the status of your Brother printer. Check whether any error messages are displaying on the LCD screen of the printer, check the connection between your printer and the computer, and check the printer driver settings. Try the troubleshooting methods mentioned below and check whether you can print then.
Check your Brother printer’s status
- Make sure that your Brother Dcp T220 Setup turned on and no errors are displaying on the printer LCD screen. If you find any error code, fix the issue and check whether you can print now.
- Check whether your printer is in sleep mode. Press any buttons on the printer to wake it up. Then, check whether your printer can print.
Check the connection between the Brother printer and the computer
- Check whether the connection of the USB cable is firm enough on both ends. Disconnect the USB cable from both the ends and reconnect the printer and computer. Make sure that you have inserted the USB cable only into the USB port. In case you have inserted the cable into the line jack, network port, or pictbridge port, remove the cable from that port and insert it into the port that has the USB symbol.
- Check whether the USB cables and the USB ports are working fine. Try utilizing a different USB cable and USB port on your computer.
Set your printer as default printer
On your computer, click Start and navigate to the Devices and Printers section. It will display the list of printers and devices connected to your computer. Right-click on your printer and click on the Set as default printer option.
Keep your Brother Dcp T220 Setup online
On your computer, click Start and navigate to Devices and Printers. Right-click on your Brother printer and select See what’s printing; check whether the Use Printer Offline box is checked. If so, deselect the checkbox and check whether you can find your Brother printer is online now.
Brother DCP T220 Printer Offline
- Confirm that your printer’s turned on and does not display any errors on the screen.
- In case you find any errors, fix them in the first place.
- Check whether the USB cable you have used to connect your printer and computer is working fine. Check all the connections. If the connections are not firm enough, press them gently and check whether you have resolved your issue.
- Make sure that you have set your Brother Dcp T220 Setup as the default printer. Go to the Control Panel window and navigate to the Hardware and Sounds section, followed by Devices and Printers. Next, right-click on your Brother printer and check whether it is set as the default printer.
- Check whether you have kept your printer in offline mode or have paused the printer’s status.
- Select your printer from the Devices and Printers section just as mentioned above, right-click on it, and select See what’s printing, then click on the Printer menu and check whether the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options are chosen. If you find them to be selected, deselect the checkmarks and verify whether your problem is solved.
Brother DCP T220 Reset Drum Error
Your Brother DCP T220 printer doesn’t have a drum unit.
Brother DCP T220 Paper Jam
- If you find that paper is jammed inside the printer, turn off your printer and take out the paper tray entirely from your printer. Take out the jammed paper gently. Open the back of your Brother Dcp T220 Setup, locate the jam-clear cover, and open it.
- Remove the jammed paper inside it and close the jam-clear cover. Then, insert the output tray into the printer and reconnect the power cord. Now, check whether the problem is resolved.
- If the paper is jammed inside the manual feed slot, turn on your printer and load a sheet of A4 paper into the manual feed slot. It will be fed through the printer, and the printer will eject the jammed papers. Remove the jammed paper from it and check whether you have fixed the issue.
- If dust gets accumulated on the surface of the paper pick rollers, your printer will end up in a paper jam issue. In addition, cleaning the paper pick rollers periodically can help you prevent paper jams to some extent.
- Turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord from the electrical socket. Then, extend the output tray and remove it completely from the printer.
- Using a flashlight, look into the printer and clean the paper pick rollers with a moistened cotton cloth. Once the rollers are dried, insert the output tray into the printer, reconnect the power cord between the printer and the electrical socket, and turn on your printer. Now, check whether you have resolved the issue in Brother Dcp T220 Setup. If you cannot fix it yet Contact us.