- Home »
- BROTHER DCP T300 PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP T300 SETUP
Begin the Brother DCP T300 printer setup with unpacking (if you haven’t done it yet). After unpacking the printer completely, turn it on and configure the initial settings as per your desire. Fill the ink tanks with the corresponding color ink and load paper in the tray. Complete the remaining hardware setup by following the on-screen instructions. Finally, choose the desired connection type; connect the printer and your computer to the same network, and install the printer driver to complete the setup. Scroll down this page to know the Brother DCP T300 setup in detail.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Easy and simple steps for the Brother DCP-T300 printer first-time setup
Step 1: Unpacking The Printer
- Unpack the printer. (Note: If your Brother printer is unpacked already, then skip this step and go to the next one.)
- Initially, remove the outer packing materials of your printer.
- After removing them, remove the packing materials present inside the printer, including the ink tank cover.
- Gently, remove the packing tapes from the ink tank cover.
- After completing the unpacking process, change the printer’s control panel if you wish.
Step 2: Turn On The Printer & Configure The Initial Settings
- Get your printer’s power cord, and using it, connect the printer to an electrical outlet.
- As soon as you connect your Brother printer to the electrical outlet, it will start to turn on.
- Once the printer completes its initial boot-up, configure the initial settings such as country, date/time, etc.
- Make sure that the initial settings are configured correctly.
- Press OK and go to the next step of the Brother Dcp T300 setup.
Step 3: Filling The Tanks
- With the printer turned on, open its ink tank cover. Get the ink bottles that are provided along with the printer.
- Unpack the bottles one by one.
- Fill all the tanks with the corresponding color ink.
- After filling all the tanks, close the tank cover.
Step 4: Loading Paper
- Remove the paper tray from your printer.
- Open the output tray.
- Now, get a stack of A4, Letter, plain, or any paper of your desire.
- Align the width guides of the tray and load paper in it.
- Move the guides towards the printer and close the output tray. Place the paper tray into the Brother Dcp T300 Setup.
Step 5: Checking The Print Quality
- As soon as the paper is loaded in the tray, the following message will be displayed on the printer LCD: Set Paper and Press Start.
- Set the paper type and press the Color Start button.
- Now, it will allow you to check the quality of the print.
- If the quality is not satisfactory, then perform the suggested steps to fix it.
- After checking the quality, move on to the next step of the setup.
Step 6: Choosing the connection type and install the printer driver
- Select the desired connection type when prompted.
- After selecting it, begin the printer software installation on your computer.
- Use either the setup CD or the downloaded driver file to perform the software installation.
- Install the software by following the prompts displayed in the installation wizard.
- Once the Brother DCP T300 Setup driver installation is completed, print a test page to check whether the setup is done correctly.
BROTHER DCP T300 DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Download the Brother DCP T300 printer driver for the Windows or Mac computer from this page by clicking the Driver Download, Driver Download for Windows, or Driver Download for Mac button provided.
BROTHER DCP T300 DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Click on the Driver Download or Driver Download for Windows button provided on this page to download the Brother DCP printer driver for Windows.
BROTHER DCP T300 MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Download the soft copy of your printer’s user manual from this page by clicking the Manual Download button.
BROTHER DCP T300 DRIVER FOR MAC
- Visit the Brother printer’s official support page.
- Go to the Downloads tab.
- Make sure that your macOS type is selected correctly.
- Now, from the list, select the driver that you want to install on your Mac computer.
- Download the selected Brother Dcp T300 Setup driver by clicking the button Agree to EULA and Download.
BROTHER DCP T300 WIRELESS SETUP
Wi-Fi setup using the WPS PIN method
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer and the access point or wireless router are turned on.
- Now, go to your printer’s Menu screen.
- Select Network > WPS w/PIN Code.
- Press Yes to initiate the wireless setup.
- When an eight-digit PIN is displayed on your printer LCD, note it down.
- Now, go to your router’s web access page.
- Click on the WPS Settings menu.
- In the opened window, type the 8-digit PIN displayed on the printer’s screen in the given field.
- Click Save.
- Once your Brother Dcp T300 Setup is connected to the wireless network, connect the computer to the same network and install its driver to complete the wireless setup.
BROTHER DCP T300 TONER REPLACEMENT
The Brother DCP-T300 printer doesn’t use toner.
BROTHER DCP T300 SCAN SETUP
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer’s hardware setup is done correctly.
- Next, load the original on the scanner glass of your printer.
- If you wish to save the scanned copy of the document on your computer, then make sure that your printer and the computer (Windows or Mac) are connected together.
- Use the Brother printer’s ControlCenter utility to modify the SCAN mode settings. The following instructions explain the same. (Note: The below instructions are suitable only for the Windows computer.)
- Launch the ControlCenter 4 utility on your computer.
- Make sure that your Brother printer model is selected from the drop-down menu.
- Click Device Settings > Device Scan Settings > File.
- Configure the scan settings as per your desire.
- Similarly, you can modify the scan to e-mail and scan to image settings by clicking the Image or E-mail tab of the Device Scan Settings dialog box.
- After completing the Brother Dcp T300 setup for scanning, perform a test scan to check whether the settings are configured correctly.
BROTHER DCP T300 SCAN TO EMAIL
- Before you begin the scan to e-mail operation, check whether you have configured the scan settings correctly.
- Now, on your printer, load the document that you want to scan.
- Initiate the scan operation by pressing the Scan button.
- Choose the Scan to E-mail option from the list of suggestions.
- If prompted, select the computer that is connected to your printer over the network.
- Modify the scan settings if you wish.
- Finally, press the Mono Start or Color Start button.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the scan to e-mail operation on Brother Dcp T300 Setup.
BROTHER DCP T300 TROUBLESHOOT
Following are the common issues that are encountered by the users while using the Brother DCP-T300 printer. The troubleshooting instructions for the same are discussed below. To get remote assistance in resolving the same or any other printer issue, contact our technical team by clicking the Call button provided on this page.
BROTHER DCP T300 PRINTER OFFLINE
- If you encounter the Printer Offline error while performing the print operation from your computer to the printer, then first, check to make sure that your Brother printer is turned on.
- Next, check whether your printer and the computer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network.
- Check if the TX Lock feature is enabled on your printer. If yes, disable it. To check it, press the Menu button followed by 3 > 0 > 1. Now, from the list, select the Set TX Lock option. If its status is on, then type the four-digit password in the given field to turn it off.
- Similarly, check whether the Use Printer Offline option is enabled on your Brother Dcp T300 Setup. If not, disable it.
- Restart your Brother printer and the computer.
- Make sure that you have selected your printer model correctly while configuring the print operation.
- If the above instructions don’t resolve the Printer Offline error, reset the printer to default, and then configure the print settings from the beginning.
Restoring the printer settings
- From the printer’s Menu screen, select the Initial Setup option.
- Choose Reset > All Settings or Machine Reset.
- Continue the reset process by pressing the OK button.
- Once the printer settings are restored, you’ll get a notification.
- Configure the printer settings from the beginning and print a test page to check if the printer offline issue is resolved.
BROTHER DCP T300 WON’T PRINT
- Initially, make sure that your Brother Dcp T300 Setup is turned on and ready to perform the print operation.
- Check whether the paper tray of your printer contains enough paper to perform the print operation. If not, load enough paper in the tray and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that the print settings are configured correctly.
- Check whether your printer driver is installed correctly on the computer. If not, uninstall and install the correct driver on your computer.
- Make sure that the Use Printer Offline or Pause Printing option is disabled on your printer.
- Restart the printer.
- Check whether the ink tanks have enough ink to perform the print operation.
- If not, fill the ink tanks and then perform the print operation.
- Check whether any print operation is queued.
- If yes, delete them and then perform the print operation.
BROTHER DCP T300 RESET DRUM ERROR
The Brother DCP T300 Setup doesn’t use a drum.
BROTHER DCP T300 PAPER JAM
The error Paper Jam will occur unexpectedly on your printer. However, you can resolve it easily by performing simple troubleshooting instructions.
- As soon as you encounter the Paper Jam error, restart your printer.
- After restarting the printer, check whether the Paper Jam error is resolved by printing a test page.
- If the Paper Jam error remains unresolved, then locate the jammed paper and remove it.
- Initially, turn off your printer if it is turned on.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Now, open the paper tray of your printer.
- Look for the jammed paper inside the tray.
- If you find any, remove it gently.
- After removing the jammed paper, close the tray.
- Now, raise the scanner unit of your printer.
- Check whether any paper or packing material is jammed inside the printer.
- If yes, remove it.
- After removing all the jammed paper, reload the paper in the tray and print a test page to check whether the paper jam is resolved.
- If the printer performs the test print correctly, then it means the paper jam is resolved.
- Otherwise, re-check your Brother Dcp T300 Setup for the jammed paper and remove it.