- Home »
- Brother Dcp T510w Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP T510W SETUP
Brother DCP T510W is a wireless inktank printer. It is a perfect printer that is suitable for home or small offices and can easily print higher volumes. You can choose this printer without having to worry about the cost and expand the print capabilities to yield crisp and high-quality prints. The Brother DCP T510w Setup can produce prints at a speed of 10 pages per minute for color and 27 pages per minute for black prints.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
The basic procedure includes:
- Brother DCP T510W
- Ink bottles (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Quick setup and product safety guide
- Power cord
- USB cable
- Fax cord
- Brother installation CD
To perform a full setup of the printer, you must perform the hardware setup.
- Remove the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Open the paper tray of the printer and pull it out.
- Open the output tray cover inside.
- Have a paper stack ready and place it inside the paper tray. Fan out the paper stack evenly before placing it in the tray and adjust the paper guides in accordance with the edges.
- Close the output tray cover and close the paper tray back into the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the packaging, then connect it to the printer and the power source.
- Use the navigation buttons on the control panel and select the date/time and the language.
- Open the ink tank cover on the right side of the Brother Dcp T510W Setup.
- Remove the ink bottle from the carton and unscrew the nozzle. Remove the seal and discard it.
- Place the nozzle back on the ink bottle.
- Open the ink tank lid for the ink you want to fill.
- Place the nozzle according to the opening in the ink tank. Wait for the filling to happen and close the ink tank lid (repeat the same step for other ink tanks).
- Connect the fax cord to the LINE port of the printer and the phone wall jack (optional).
Conclude the setup with the software installation.
- Since the printer comes with an installation CD, the process is quite simple.
- Place the CD into the CD/DVD drive of the computer.
- Wait for the computer to detect the CD and wait for the Autoplay window to open.
- Follow the commands on the screen.
- When the connection page opens, select the type of connection you want for the printer.
- Complete the Brother Dcp T510w setup process.
BROTHER DCP T510W DRIVER DOWNLOAD
There are two methods on how you can download the driver for the Brother DCP T510W printer. One way to download is from this page and the other is from the official Brother support page. Further steps are explained in detail.
BROTHER DCP T510W DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- You can download the driver for the Brother DCP T510W printer from this page.
- Click the Download button (For Windows); the browser will start the download immediately.
However, if you wish to download the driver from the Brother Support page, the steps are as follows.
- Open the Brother Support page for the DCP T510W printer in your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left.
- Select the Windows option and the version; click the OK button.
- Click the Download button for the Brother Dcp T510w Setup driver you want to have on your computer.
- The download will be complete.
BROTHER DCP T510W DRIVER FOR MAC
- You can download the driver for the Mac OS on this page.
- Click the Download for Mac button, and the driver will be downloaded.
If you want to download the driver from the Brother support page, you can do so.
- Open the Support page for the Brother DCP T510W printer in your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left, right below the printer image.
- Click the Mac OS and the version, then click the OK button.
- Click the Download button.
BROTHER DCP T510W DRIVER INSTALL
- Once you have the Brother Dcp T510W Setup driver downloaded, you can start with the installation.
- Do a double-click on the setup file.
- Follow the on-screen commands and complete the setup.
- When the connection screen appears, you will be asked to select the connection type.
- Choose the connection you wish to have for the Brother DCP T510W printer and complete the installation.
BROTHER DCP T510W MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- You can download the Manual from this very page.
- As soon as you click on the Download button, the manual will be downloaded.
- The alternative way to download the manual is from the Brother DCP T510W support page.
- Open the Support page for the printer.
- Click on the Manual tab on the left side of the page.
- On the right pane of the page, you will find the User’s Guide and Setup Guide for Brother Dcp T510w Setup.
- Click the Manual you want and then click the Download button.
BROTHER DCP T510W WIRELESS SETUP
Before we see the wireless setup for the Brother DCP T510W printer, you need to ensure the router is powered on and working. Make sure the printer is within the proximity range of the router. Here are the steps for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. When it comes to WPS, there is the standard push button method and the pin method. We will see the steps for both.
Push Button method:
- Press Menu on the printer control panel.
- Press the navigation buttons and select the following options, Network > WLAN > WPS (Press OK for each option).
- When the printer display shows WLAN enable?, press the Up arrow to select Yes.
- The wireless setup wizard will now begin.
- When the printer prompts you, press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- The Brother Dcp T510w Setup will now try to find the wireless connection from the router.
- The Brother DCP T510W printer will be connected to the wireless network.
Wps Pin Method:
- Select Menu on the Brother printer.
- Select the following options, All Settings> Network> WLAN> WPS w/ PIN code.
- The Brother printer LCD will now display an 8-digit pin; make a note of it.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Brother printer’s IP address.
- Navigate to the WPS settings page and then enter the 8-digit pin (as shown on the printer display).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the wireless setup.
BROTHER DCP T510W INK TANK REPLACEMENT
- On the right side of the printer body is the ink tank area.
- Open the ink tank cover.
- Pull down the tab downwards and open the cap of the ink tank cover you wish to refill.
- Unpack the new ink bottle from the packaging and remove the cap.
- Gently remove the seal of the ink bottle.
- Place the nozzle on it.
- Gently refill the ink tank until it reaches the ink level indicator.
- Take out the bottle and close the nozzle once the filling is done.
- Repeat the same steps to refill other ink tanks in the Brother Dcp T510w Setup.
BROTHER DCP T510W SCAN TO EMAIL
- Load the document you want to scan either in the Auto Document Feeder or on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button on the printer.
- Now, with the help of the navigation buttons, select the Scan to PC option and press OK.
- Make the next selection as e-mail and press the OK button.
- Suppose you want to make further changes to the scan to e-mail function, press Options or Copy/Scan Options. Make changes based on your requirement.
- If you just want to go ahead and use the default settings, press the Mono Start button or the Mono Color button.
BROTHER DCP T510W SCAN SETUP
There are two ways to load the document to scan with the Brother DCP T510W printer.
- Auto Document Feeder: Place the document you want to scan in the auto document feeder (print side facing up).
- Scanner Glass: Place the document on the scanner glass of the Brother Dcp T510w Setup (print side facing down).
BROTHER DCP T510W FIRMWARE UPDATE
- Download the firmware from the Official Brother Support page.
- Click the OS from the OS family section and the version of your current OS.
- Scroll down the support page to the Firmware section, and click the Download button.
- Proceed with the installation and follow the on-screen commands.
- Select the Brother DCP T510W printer.
- Click the Update button in the firmware window, and the process will take at least 10 minutes to fully update and complete.
BROTHER DCP T510W TROUBLESHOOTING
Despite the technical aspects the printer supports and produces, there are some problems that you might face with the printer along the way. Some of the problems are related to paper jams, printer status (offline), printing issues, paper feeding issues, and so on. Here are the solutions for the problems you might face with the Brother Dcp T510w Setup.
BROTHER DCP T510W PRINTER OFFLINE
Printer going offline is one of the common problems you might face with any printer. With Brother DCP T510W, there are different methods to bring back the printer status online. Here are the two methods we prefer you must use.
Fix 1: DISABLE USE PRINTER OFFLINE
- Open the Control Panel window on your computer (Windows).
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother printer.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you see a checkmark for the option Use Printer Offline, click to uncheck the selection.
Fix 2: CONFIGURE PRINTER PROPERTIES
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Brother printer from the list.
- Do a right-click on the printer and click the Brother Dcp T510w Setup Properties option.
- Click the Ports tab and click the Configure Port button at the bottom right corner.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck SNMP Status Enabled (only if the option is ticked).
- Click the OK button to save changes.
Fix 3: START PRINT SPOOLER
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service, perform a right-click, and select the Restart option.
BROTHER DCP T510W WON’T PRINT
If the Brother T510W printer does not print, here are some troubleshooting steps to look at.
- Make sure that the DCP printer is turned on or connected to the power source.
- Ensure that the printer does not go through errors like paper jam, paper feed, or offline problems.
- Always check the paper tray and see if you have installed the paper correctly. If not, take out the paper stack and fan them out evenly. Place them inside and adjust the paper guide in accordance with the tray.
- One more cause that could lead to the Brother Dcp T510w Setup not printing is the print jobs in the queue. Always delete pending jobs if you find a lot lined up.
BROTHER DCP T510W RESET
- Press the Menu button on the printer.
- Use the navigation buttons and select Initial Setup > Reset.
- Press the OK button for each selection.
- Press the UP button to confirm the reset selection.
- The Brother DCP T510W printer will now restart.
BROTHER DCP T510W PAPER JAM
When it comes to paper jam with the Brother DCP T510W printer, you have to check with the following places in the printer.
Paper jam in the printer:
- Pull out the paper tray from the DCP printer.
- Pull the two green levers inside the printer to release the jammed paper if there are any.
- Now place your hands on the sides of the scanner unit and gently lift it.
- Look inside and pull the jammed paper out of the Brother Dcp T510W Setup.
- Move the print head inside the printer (if necessary) and take out the remaining paper.
- Ensure that there are no fragments inside the printer.
- Move the printer to the rear side and check if there is any jammed paper inside.
- Open the paper jam cover at the back of the printer (press the tabs to release the cover).
- Slowly remove the jammed paper present inside.
Paper jam inside and in front of the printer:
If the printer LCD says Jam A Inside/Front or Repeat Jam A message,
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Pull out the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Look inside and press the green levers to release the jammed paper.
- Lift the scanner unit using the plastic handle.
- Look inside and remove the jammed paper present inside the Brother Dcp T510W Setup.
- Slowly pull out the paper inside.
Paper jam in the front:
If the printer LCD shows the message Jam B Front or Repeat Jam B Front, follow the steps.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Press the green lever inside to release the jammed paper.
- If the LCD displays Repeat Jam B Front, make sure to remove the fragments of paper.
- Open the jam cover at the back of the printer.
- Release the jammed paper present inside and take it out away from the printer.
- Place the paper tray back into the printer.
Paper jam in the back:
- If the LCD shows the message Jam C Rear, follow the steps.
- Unplug the Brother Dcp T510w Setup from the power source.
- Press the two green levers inside to release the jammed paper.
- Open the jam cover at the back of the printer and get rid of the jammed paper present inside.
Paper jam in the multi-purpose tray:
- Turn off the printer and remove it from the power source.
- Take out the paper placed in the MP tray.
- Press the green tab on the left and right sides to release the paper.
- Open the MP tray cover and remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Once done, connect the printer to the power source.
Contact Us, to get more information about Brother Dcp T510W Setup and its other functions.