- Home »
- BROTHER DCP T520W PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER DCP T520W SETUP
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Brother DCP T520W Setup is a 3-in-1 multifunction printer. The machine can print at a speed of 28 pages per minute for black and 11 pages per minute for color copies. The refill ink system comes with a transparent cover engineered to minimize the risk of ink leakage.
CONTENTS IN THE BOX:
- Brother DCP T520W
- Ink bottles
- Quick setup and product safety guides
- Power cord
- USB cable
- Fax cord
- Brother installation CD
- Place the CD into the computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Wait for the computer to detect the CD and the Autoplay window to open.
- Follow the commands on the screen.
- When the connection page opens, select the type of connection you want for the printer.
- Complete the setup process.
- You can download more drivers you want for the printer.
- Remove the Brother DCP T520W Setup from the carton.
- Place the printer on a flat surface.
- Open the paper tray of the printer and pull it out.
- Peel away the protective tapes surrounding the printer.
- Open the output tray cover inside.
- Have a paper stack ready and place it inside. Before placing the stack in the tray, fan out the papers evenly.
- Adjust the paper guides in accordance with the edges.
- Close the output tray cover and insert the paper tray back into the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the packaging; connect it to the printer and the power source.
- Use the buttons on the control panel and select the date/time and the language.
- Open the ink tank cover on the right side of the printer.
- Remove the ink bottle from the carton and unscrew the nozzle. Remove the seal and discard it.
- Place the nozzle back into the ink bottle.
- Open the ink tank lid for the ink you want to fill.
- Place the nozzle according to the opening in the ink tank. Wait for the filling to happen and close the ink tank lid (repeat the steps for the other ink tanks).
- Connect the fax cord to the LINE port of the printer and the phone wall jack (which is optional).
Conclude the Brother DCP T520W Setup with the software installation.
BROTHER DCP T520W DRIVER DOWNLOAD
With the help of the printer driver, you can perform various printer tasks. You can easily download the printer driver to your computer. Do the installation of the driver and perform all kinds of tasks the printer supports. There are two methods using which you can download the driver for the Brother DCP T520W printer. One way to download is from this support page and the other is from the official Brother support page. Further steps are explained in detail.
BROTHER DCP T520W DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
You can download the driver for the Brother DCP T520W printer from this page.
- Click the Driver Download button (For Windows).
- Once the click is made, the browser will start the download immediately.
- However, if you wish to download the driver from the Brother support page, the steps are as follows.
- Open the Brother support page for the printer DCP T520W on your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left.
- Select the Windows option and the version; click the OK button.
- Click the Download button for the Brother DCP T520W Setup driver you want to have on your computer.
- The download will be complete.
BROTHER DCP T520W DRIVER FOR MAC
You can download the driver for the Mac OS on this page.
- Click the Download for Mac button and the driver will be downloaded.
- If you want to download the driver from the Brother support page, you can do so.
- Open the support page for the Brother DCP T520W printer on your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left, right below the printer image.
- Click the Mac OS option and the version of the Mac OS. Click the OK button.
- Click the Download button.
BROTHER DCP T520W DRIVER INSTALL
- Once you have the driver downloaded from our support page or the Brother support page, you can start with the installation.
- Do a double-click on the .exe file to initialize.
- Follow the on-screen commands and complete the setup.
- When the connection screen appears, you will be asked to select from a list of options.
- Choose the connection you wish to have for the Brother DCP T520W Setup and complete the installation.
BROTHER DCP T520W MANUAL DOWNLOAD
- You can download the manual from this very support page.
- As soon as you click on the Download button, the manual will be downloaded.
- The alternative way to download the manual is from the Brother DCP T520W support page.
- Open the support page for the printer.
- Click on the Manual tab on the left side of the page.
- On the right pane of the page, you will find the User’s Guide and Setup Guide.
- Choose the Manual you want and then click the Download button.
BROTHER DCP T520W WIRELESS SETUP
Here are the steps for the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
Push Button method:
- Press Menu on the printer control panel.
- Press the navigation buttons and select the following options, Network > WLAN > WPS (Press OK for each option).
- When the printer display shows WLAN enable?, press the Up arrow to select Yes.
- The wireless setup wizard will now begin.
- When the printer prompts you, press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- The printer will now try to find the wireless connection from the router.
- The Brother DCP T520W Setup will be connected to the wireless network.
BROTHER DCP T520W WIFI SETUP
Here is an alternate method for the wireless setup of the printer.
WPS PIN METHOD:
- Select Menu on the Brother printer.
- Select the following options, All Settings> Network> WLAN> WPS w/ PIN code.
- Make a note of the 8-digit pin when the printer display shows it.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the Brother printer’s IP address.
- Navigate to the WPS settings page and then enter the 8-digit pin (as shown on the printer display).
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the wireless setup.
BROTHER DCP T520W INK REPLACEMENT
- In the right section of the printer body, you will find the ink tank area.
- Open the ink tank cover from Brother DCP T520W Setup.
- Pull the tab downwards and open the cap of the ink tank you wish to refill.
- Unpack the new ink bottle from the packaging and remove the cap.
- Gently remove the seal of the ink bottle.
- Place the nozzle on it.
- Gently refill the ink tank until it reaches the ink level indicator.
- Take out the bottle and close the nozzle once the filling is done.
- Repeat the steps to refill the other ink tanks in the printer.
BROTHER DCP T520W SCAN SETUP
There are two ways to load the document to scan with the Brother DCP T520W printer.
- Auto Document Feeder: Place the document you want to scan in the auto document feeder (print side facing up).
- Scanner Glass: Place the document you want to scan on the scanner glass of the Brother DCP T520W Setup (print side facing down).
BROTHER DCP T520W SCAN TO EMAIL
- Load the document you want to scan either in the Auto Document Feeder or on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button on the printer control panel.
- Now, with the help of the navigation buttons, select the Scan to PC option and press OK.
- The next selection is the e-mail option; press the OK button.
- Suppose you want to make further changes to the scan to e-mail function, press Options or Copy/Scan Options. Make changes based on your requirement.
- If you just want to go ahead and use the default settings, press the Mono Start button or the Mono Color button.
BROTHER DCP T520W TROUBLESHOOT
Despite the several technical aspects the printer supports, there are some problems that you might face with the Brother DCP T520W Setup along the way. Some of the problems are paper jams, the printer is offline, the printer is not printing, the paper is not feeding, and so on. Here are the solutions for the problems you might face with the printer.
BROTHER DCP T520W PRINTER OFFLINE
When it comes to the printer offline issue, there are several ways to tackle the problem. Here are two methods that will come in handy.
METHOD 1: CONFIGURE PRINTER PROPERTIES
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Brother printer from the list.
- Do a right-click on the printer and click the Printer Properties option.
- Click the Ports tab and click the Configure Port button at the bottom-right corner.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck SNMP Status Enabled (only if the option is ticked).
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
METHOD 2: RESTART PRINT SPOOLER
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field; press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service, perform a right-click, and select the Restart option on Brother DCP T520W Setup.
BROTHER DCP T520W won’t PRINT
If the Brother DCP T520W printer does not print, here are some troubleshooting steps to look at.
- Make sure that the Brother DCP printer is connected to the power source and turned on.
- Ensure that the printer does not go through errors like paper jam, paper feed, or offline problems.
- Always check the paper tray and see if you have installed the paper correctly. If not, take out the paper stack and fan the sheets out evenly. Place them inside and adjust the paper guide in accordance with the tray.
- One more cause that could lead to the printer not printing is the print jobs in the queue. Always delete the pending jobs if you find a lot lined up.
BROTHER DCP T520W RESET DRUM ERROR
- Make sure that the Brother DCP T520W Setup is turned on.
- Press the navigation buttons (Up arrow and Down arrow) at the same time.
- Press the OK button.
- Now, you have to select the Drum option.
- Press the Up arrow button.
BROTHER DCP T520W PAPER JAM
When it comes to paper jam with the Brother DCP T520W printer, you have to check with six places in the printer.
Paper jam in the printer:
- Pull out the paper tray from the Brother DCP T520W Setup.
- Pull the two green levers inside the printer to release the jammed paper if there are any.
- Hold the side of the scanner unit and gently lift it.
- Look inside and pull the jammed paper out of the printer.
- Move the print head inside the printer (if necessary) and take out the remaining paper.
- Ensure that there are no fragments inside the printer.
- Move the printer to the rear side and check if there is any jammed paper inside.
- Open the paper jam cover at the back of the printer (press the tabs to release the cover).
- Slowly remove the jammed paper present inside.
Paper jam inside and in front of the printer:
- Remove the power cord from the Brother DCP T520W Setup.
- Pull out the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Look inside and press the green levers to release the jammed paper.
- Lift the scanner unit using the plastic handle.
- Look inside and remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Slowly pull out the paper inside.
Paper jam inside and in the multi-purpose tray:
For messages Jam E Inside/MP or Repeat Jam E In/MP, perform the following steps.
- Remove the remaining paper from the MP tray.
- Pull the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Press the plastic tabs present inside to lift the scanner unit.
- Look inside and slowly pull out the jammed paper present inside the Brother DCP T520W Setup.
Paper jam in the front:
When the message says Jam B Front or Repeat Jam B Front, do the following.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the paper tray from the front of the printer.
- Press the green lever inside to release the jammed paper.
- If the LCD displays Repeat Jam B Front, make sure to remove the fragments of paper.
- Open the jam cover at the back of the printer.
- Release the jammed paper present inside and take it out of the printer.
- Place the paper tray back inside the printer.
Paper jam at the back:
- Unplug the Brother DCP T520W Setup from the power source.
- Press the two green levers inside to release the jammed paper.
- Open the jam cover at the back of the printer and get rid of the jammed paper present inside the printer.
Paper jam in the multi-purpose tray:
- Turn off the printer and remove it from the power source.
- Take out the paper placed in the MP tray.
- Press the green tab on the left and right sides to release the paper.
- Open the MP tray cover and remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Once done, connect the Brother DCP T520W Setup to the power source.