- Home »
- Brother HL 2240
Complete Guidance For Brother HL 2240 Setup
Brother HL 2240 is a monochrome printer that can print pages at a speed of 24 ppm. It can print at a resolution of up to 2400 x 600 dpi. It is a laser printer that can print letters, reports, and more. It has a 250-sheet tray and a high-yield toner cartridge included in the package, and comes with 1 year limited warranty to support the life of the Brother HL 2240 setup.
Step 1: Unpacking the Brother printer
- Take out the printer from the carton and place it in a location away from direct sunlight.
- Make sure that there is good ventilation around the printer
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes and protective films from the printer.
- The components included in the printer package consist of the following.
- Drum Unit and Toner Cartridge assembly (pre-installed)
- AC Power cord
- Safety and Legal Booklet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation CD-ROM
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Open the cartridge door and remove the orange packing restraint.
- Remove the silica gel and the elastic band.
- Pull out the strip and take out the toner cartridge.
- Now, gently shake the toner cartridge slightly before fixing.
- Reinsert the drum unit toner cartridge assembly back into the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper tray at the bottom of the printer.
- Slide the paper guides according to the size of the paper that you are going to load.
- Fan a stack of paper and align it by tapping on a flat surface.
- Insert the paper stack into the paper tray. Ensure that you have loaded paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Place the print side facedown and ensure that the paper guides touch the corners of the paper stack.
- Insert the tray inside the Brother HL 2240 setup printer and fix it firmly.
Step 4: Powering on the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer. Plug in the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Tap the Power button on the control panel of the printer.
- Turn on the printer by printing a test page.
- Press the Go button on the printer to start printing the test page.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- To connect the Brother printer to your computer, install the printer software.
- Use the installation disc or download the printer software from the official Brother website.
- Choose the preferred connection type when prompted.
- If you want to use the printer from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application.
Brother HL 2240 Driver Download
- Open your browser and enter the official Brother HL 2240 setup website.
- Navigate to the Support page and type your printer model.
- Select the Downloads tab and choose your operating system.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended driver to get the full functions of the printer.
- Otherwise, click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother HL 2240 Mac Driver
- You have to download the printer software from the official Brother website or by clicking the Driver Download button on this page.
- Open the downloaded file and click Start Here Mac.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Open.
- Accept the license agreement’s terms by clicking Next.
- Choose the type of connection method when prompted.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to finish installing the driver.
Brother HL 2240 Printer Manual
- Open the official Brother HL 2240 setup website from your web browser.
- Choose your region and go to the Support page.
- Enter the printer model number in the appropriate field and tap Enter key.
- Once you are on the Brother printer’s page, click the Manuals tab and select the required manual.
- Click on the Download button next to the required manual.
- When the PDF of the User manual is displayed, click on the Download icon.
- You can also click on the Manual Download button on this page to instantly get the PDF file of the manual.
Brother HL 2240 Wireless Setup
- First, connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Note down the wireless network name and password.
- Place the printer closer to the router and turn it on.
- Now, press the OK button.
- Select the Network option using the navigation buttons. Select WLAN and press the OK button.
- Select Setup Wizard and choose your network name.
- Enter the password using the navigation buttons and press the OK button.
- When the Apply Settings alert prompts, tap OK.
- The network configuration sheet will be printed once the connection is successful.
- You can now install the printer software on your computer using the setup CD or by downloading the driver.
- Run the installer file. Proceed with the instructions as displayed on the screen.
- Choose the connection type as Wireless when the install prompts.
- Once you have installed the printer software, you will be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother HL 2240 Duplex Printing
- Make sure to install the Brother HL 2240 setup printer software before printing.
- Open the input paper tray and load sufficient paper into it.
- Insert the tray and open the document you want to print.
- On the printer software, select the option to print in duplex.
- Once you have set the printing preferences, click on the Print button.
- Now, the loaded pages will be printed on both the sides automatically.
Brother HL 2240 Error Light Blinking
- Check whether the toner cartridge is properly installed on the printer.
- If the cartridge has run out, replace it.
- If you see the error light after toner refill, tap the Go button.
- Press the Go button and release it when you see all the lights turn on.
- Now, the error light will stop blinking, and you can start printing again.
Brother HL 2240 Error Light Stays ON
- If the error light stays on, first, turn off the Brother HL 2240 setup printer and open the front cove.
- Press Go and hold it for about a few seconds.
- When all the lights turn on, release the Go button.
- You can now restart the printer to stop the error light issue.
Brother HL 2240 Not Printing
- Ensure that you have connected the printer to a power source.
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a wireless network, check whether the connection is established.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the network.
- If you are facing issues, try switching to a wired network to check whether the issue has been resolved.
- If the printer is in the sleep mode, tap any button on the printer to wake it.
- Check whether the printer is offline and resolve it.
- Set the Brother printer as the default printing source to fix the issues. On your Windows computer, open the Control Panel window, and go to the Printers and Scanners section.
- Right-click on the Brother HL 2240 setup printer and click the Set as Default option.
- If you have a Mac connected to the printer, open the System Preferences window. Go to the Printers & Scanners section and choose the default printer from the drop-down list.
Brother HL 2240 Drum Error
- If you are facing drum issues, open the front cover, and remove the toner cartridge with the drum unit assembly.
- Check whether the corona wires are dirty and clean them.
- Verify whether the cartridge has run out. If so, replace the toner cartridge.
- Insert the drum unit assembly back and restart the printer to fix the issue.
Brother HL 2240 Won’t Feed Paper
- If your paper doesn’t feed, make sure to load the correct paper size on the tray.
- Load the paper stack only below the maximum paper mark.
- Turn off the printer and remove all the cables.
- Pull out the paper tray and take out the paper stack from it.
- Check for paper bits stuck inside the tray and remove any.
- Clean up the pick-up rollers using a lint-free cloth.
- Now, load paper and insert the tray back to the printer to resolve the issue.
Brother HL 2240 Drum Light Stays ON
Sometimes, the printer won’t recognize the newly installed cartridge. This will cause the drum LED light on the printer to blink continuously. If you are facing such an issue, carry out the procedure given below to stop the blinking light.
- Make sure the Brother HL 2240 setup printer is properly connected to your computer.
- Open the cartridge access door and press the Go button. Hold the button for about four seconds to reset the drum counter.
- The four LEDs on the printer will now be lit. Release the Go button and close the cartridge access door.
- Now, the drum light will be turned off.