- img Home »
- Brother MFC 2280DW
Brother HL 2280DW Setup
Brother HL 2280DW is a monochrome printer that comes with an ARM9 200MHz processor and an electro-photographic/laser engine. This printer can be connected to a computer using the following three interfaces: USB, Wireless LAN, and Ethernet. While you purchase the printer, the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly is pre-installed in it. Moreover, the Brother HL 2280DW printer is compatible with both the Windows and Mac operating systems. Carry out the below-mentioned steps on the Brother Hl 2280DW setup.
- Initially, unpack the printer package and you will find the following:
- Brother HL 2280DW printer
- Installation & documentation CD-ROM
- Basic user’s guide
- Product Registration Sheet
- Quick Setup Guide
- AC power cord
- Safety and Legal booklet
- Drum Unit and Toner cartridge assembly (pre-installed)
- Remove all the packing tapes from your Brother printer.
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the paper strip surrounding the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly area.
- Perform these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
- Take the assembly out of the printer.
- Shake the cartridge assembly for 4 to 5 times and then place it into the printer.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
- Take out the paper tray from the printer.
- Move the paper-guides to the edges of the tray.
- Load a stack of plain paper in the tray and adjust the paper guides properly.
- Insert the paper tray back into the printer.
- Use the power cord present in the product package to connect the printer to the power supply.
- Press the Power button on the printer’s control panel to turn on the printer.
- Perform the prompts displayed on your printer screen and set the basic printer preferences.
- Now proceed to install the printer driver on your computer and make sure to select the connection type in the installation wizard. The steps for each connection type are mentioned below.
- Proceed these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
For Windows users:
- First, get a USB cable compatible with your printer and the computer.
- Log in to your computer with Admin rights.
- Open the Brother HL 2280DW printer driver on your computer.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- When prompted, select the USB option and connect the cable between your printer and the computer.
- Complete the driver installation by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
For Mac users:
- First of all, connect your printer to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Now, turn on your Mac and the printer.
- Open the driver installation file.
- Select the USB Connection option when prompted.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen and complete the installation process.
- Follow these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
- Turn on your Windows or Mac computer and log in with Admin rights.
- Now, get an Ethernet cable, connect its one end into your printer, and the other end to your router.
- Connect your computer to the same network that the printer is connected to.
- Open the printer driver file on your computer.
- Perform the prompts displayed in the installation wizard.
- Once the driver installation process is completed, try a test print.
- Contact us if you need remote assistance on the same.
Brother Hl 2280dw Driver Download
- Click on the Driver Download button available below.
- As soon as you click it, based on your current OS type, the available Brother HL 2280DW printer driver file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Once the driver file is downloaded, open it and begin the software installation process.
- Use this procedures to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother HL 2280dw Manual Download
- You can download your Brother HL 2280DW printer’s user guide from this web page.
- To do so, click the Manual Download button given below.
- Alternatively, you can download the printer manuals from the official Brother site.
Brother Hl 2280dw Driver Mac
- Printer Driver and Scanner Driver are the two recommended Brother HL 2280DW printer driver files for Mac.
- To download the printer driver for Mac from the printer’s official site, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the Brother printer’s official site and select your Brother printer using the search box.
- On your printer’s support page, click Downloads.
- Choose your OS from the drop-down menu. Select the driver files you want and click Download.
- By using these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother Mfc 2280dw Wireless Setup
- Before you begin the wireless setup process, check if you have completed the printer’s basic hardware setup. Make sure that the wireless router or access point is turned ON and ready for the wireless setup. Connect your computer to the same wireless network to which your Brother printer is to be connected.
- Now, turn on your printer.
- Press the Menu option.
- Select Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard > WLAN Enable? from the printer’s control panel.
- The printer will now search for available wireless networks.
- From the list, select your network by using the down or up arrow buttons.
- When prompted, enter the wireless network’s password.
- Once the printer gets connected to the wireless network, begin the driver installation on your computer.
- Follow the prompts and complete the driver installation.
- Finally, try a test print.
Scanning With Brother Hl 2280dw
- Turn on your Brother HL 2280DW printer.
- Place the document on the scanner glass.
- Launch the ControlCenter4 application on your Windows computer.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Image, E-mail, or File option and right-click on it.
- In the Scan to configuration window, set the scan preferences of your choice.
- Once you set up the scan preferences, click the OK button.
- Perform the instructions displayed on the screen and complete the scan operation.
- By following these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother HL 2280DW Scan Multiple Pages
- You can scan multiple pages at a time using the Home Mode of ControlCenter4.
- First, make sure that you have installed the Home Mode of the ControlCenter4 application on your Windows computer.
- Now, switch on your Brother printer.
- On your printer’s scanner glass, place the original document you want to scan.
- Launch the Home Mode of ControlCenter4 on your computer.
- Click Scan > Custom and Scan Size > Custom Settings.
- On the Custom Scan Settings dialog box, select the Manual multi-page scan option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Click the OK button followed by Scan.
- Now, the printer will begin to scan the document that you have placed on the scanner glass.
- Once the first page of the document has been scanned, the printer would prompt if you wish to scan more pages.
- If yes, then click the Continue button followed by Finish.
- Once you have scanned all the pages of the document, click the OK button.
- Select the format to save the scanned document.
- Finally, click the OK button.
- Using these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother Hl 2280dw Reset Drum
- Open your Brother printer’s front cover.
- Press the Clear button.
- Once the Accepted message is displayed on your printer screen, close the front cover of your printer.
Brother Hl 2280dw No Paper Error
- You may encounter the error No paper, if the paper tray becomes empty or if the paper is not loaded properly.
- To resolve this error, first, check if the paper tray contains enough paper.
- If not, refill the paper tray and press the Start button.
- If the paper is loaded wrongly, then remove and load it again.
- After reloading the paper, press the Start button.
- Now, check if the error No paper is resolved.
- If not, clean the paper pick-up roller and then check if the error is resolved.
- If the error persists, contact us.
- Now, refer to these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother Hl 2280dw Not Picking Up Paper
If your Brother HL 2280DW printer is not picking up paper, then clean the paper pick-up roller by following the instructions given below.
- Turn off your Brother HL 2280DW printer.
- Disconnect the power cable and all other cable connections from the printer.
- Now, take the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Remove all the paper from the tray.
- Clean the paper tray using a lint-free cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Similarly, clean the paper rollers.
- Load the paper in the tray.
- Place the paper tray back into the printer.
- Reconnect the cables to the printer.
- Turn on your printer and check if the printer not picking up the paper issue is resolved.
- If yes, try a test print.
- By utilizing these steps to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup.
Brother Hl 2280dw Wireless Setup Problems
If your Brother HL 2280DW printer is not connecting to the Wi-Fi network, try some quick solutions given below.
- Initially, check if the wireless router is turned ON. If not, turn it ON.
- Check if you have selected the correct wireless SSID.
- If not, re-perform the wireless setup process.
- Make sure that your wireless router is working properly.
- If not, try connecting to another router.
- If the wireless network issue persists, use the Network Connection Repair Tool.
- This tool will help you in solving your printer’s network issues.
- Check your printer’s wireless status by printing the WLAN report.
- To do so, turn on your printer and within 4 seconds, press the Go button five times.
- Wait for the printer to print the WLAN report.
- If the wireless status shows Connection OK, restart your printer and the router and then perform the wireless setup.
- If required, reset your printer to factory defaults.
- If you need a remote assistance to configure the Brother HL 2280DW setup. Click the call button available on the screen.