- Home »
- Brother HL 3140CW
Complete Guidance For Brother HL 3140CW Setup
Brother HL 3140CW is a digital color printer that is suitable for small businesses. It supports wireless printing and direct USB connection. The steps for the Brother HL 3140CW setup printer are mentioned below.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the printer from the packaging box and keep it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes and plastic films from the printer.
- The components included in the printer package consist of the following.
- Drum unit and Toner cartridge assemblies (pre-installed)
- AC Power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Bell Unit (pre-installed)
- Installation disc
- Waste Toner Box
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Open the top cover and slide the yellow drum locks inwards as indicated on the printer.
- Take out the pre-installed toner cartridges and waste toner box.
- Remove the packing restraint from the bell unit.
- Unpack the toner cartridge and remove the orange packing cover.
- Gently shake the cartridges and insert them by following the color codes. Adjust the locks and close the top cover.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the input paper tray at the bottom.
- Slide the paper guides according to the size of the paper you are going to load.
- Fan a paper stack and tap them on a flat surface before loading.
- Now, insert the paper stack into the input paper tray.
- Ensure that the loaded paper doesn’t exceed the maximum paper mark and then push the tray inside the printer.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer. Plug the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer.
- Now, press the Go button to print a test page.
- Choose your language and other settings using the control panel buttons.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- If you don’t have a CD drive, download the driver from the official Brother HL 3140CW setup website.
- Choose a preferred connection type while installing the printer driver.
- After installing the driver, you can print from your computer easily.
Brother HL 3140CW Driver Download
- Go to the official Brother website from a web browser.
- On the Support page, click the Product search tab and type the printer model number.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left panel of the screen and choose your OS family & version.
- Download the recommended printer driver package.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother HL 3140CW Driver Mac
- Make sure to download the driver for Mac from the official Brother website.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer file.
- Select Start Here. Click Open to begin the installation and click Next.
- Choose the connection type when prompted. Click Continue.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Brother HL 3140CW Manual Download
- Go to the official Brother website from your browser.
- Search for the printer model number and go to the printer’s page.
- Click the Manuals tab and choose the required manual. Then, click Download.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
Brother Hl 3140cw Connect To Wifi
- If you have previously connected the Brother HL 3140CW setup printer to another network, make sure to reset the network settings.
- Select the Network option using the navigation buttons and press the OK button.
- Now, select WLAN and touch OK.
- Go to the Setup Wizard section and press OK.
- When prompted to enable WLAN, select Accept.
- Choose your wireless network name from the displayed list and enter the password. Then, press OK.
- After connecting the printer to the network, proceed to install the printer driver on your computer.
- While installing the driver, choose the Wireless connection option.
- Continue with the on-screen steps to complete the driver installation.
- Now, you will be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother Hl 3140cw Airprint Setup
- You can easily print from your iOS device using AirPrint. You don’t have to install any printer app on your iPhone.
- Ensure that the Brother HL 3140CW printer is turned on.
- Connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Open the Settings screen on your iPhone.
- Tap Wi-Fi and get connected to the same network.
- If you want to print a webpage, launch Safari and load the page.
- Tap the Share icon and select Print.
- Now, select your printer and set the print preferences. Touch Print.
- The document will now be printed using AirPrint.
Brother Hl 3140cw Duplex Printing
- Make sure to install the Brother HL 3140CW setup on your computer.
- After connecting the printer and computer, open the document you want to print.
- Load sufficient paper in the tray.
- Select the Print option and choose the paper size, media type, and paper source.
- While setting up the print preferences, select 2-sided. To print on both sides, select either Flip on Short Edge or Long Edge.
- Now, click on the Print button.
- Your document will be printed on both sides of the paper.
Brother Hl 3140cw Troubleshooting
The Brother printer undergoes certain issues if it is not maintained properly. First, identify the issue and then resolve it. Check the basic connection before starting the troubleshooting methods. Few issues that often happen in the printer and their troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below.You can always click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team.
Brother Hl 3140cw Drum Error
- If you see the drum error message on the screen, check whether the drum unit and toner cartridges are correctly installed.
- The error may also occur if the corona wires have gone dirty.
- Open the top cover and remove the toner cartridges and drum assembly.
- Now, gently slide the green tab from left to right and the alternate side to clean the corona wire.
- Reinsert the toner cartridges and drum unit back to the printer to fix the issue.
Brother Hl 3140cw Not Printing
- If you have connected the Brother HL 3140CW setup printer and computer through a wireless network, make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- For a wired connection or direct USB connection, check the interface cables.
- Ensure that the printer is not offline.
- Make sure that the printer driver is installed properly.
- If the printer is not printing, press the Cancel button.
- Remove any print jobs in the queue and restart the printer.
- Now, you can start printing again.
Brother HL 3140CW Offline
- Verify whether the printer is in sleep mode.
- Press the Start button and select Devices and Printers.
- Now, right-click on the printer and select See what’s printing.
- Set the printer as default if it is not already.
- Click the Printer menu. Check whether the Use Printer Offline option is selected and untick it.
- Now, the Brother HL 3140CW setup printer offline issue will be fixed.