- Home »
- Brother HL 3170CDW
Brother HL 3170CDW Setup
Brother HL 3170CDW is a color laser printer that comes with an LCD panel, auto-duplex printing, 250-sheet paper input capacity, and mobile printing. It supports both the Windows and Mac operating systems. Learn about the Brother HL 3170CDW setup.
- Unpack the printer and take out the supplies such as quick setup guide, CD-ROM, Ac power cord, safety guide from the package.
- The drum unit and toner cartridge assemblies, waste toner box, and belt unit come with pre-installed.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remove the orange packing cover from the toner cartridge assembly without affecting the internal parts of the printer.
- Make sure that you install the toner cartridges in the order of Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.
- Pull out the paper cassette completely from the printer.
- Load some plain paper and adjust them with proper guide-width.
- Re-fix the paper cassette and lift the support flap.
- Connect the Brother printer to the wall outlet using the AC power cord and press the Power button on the printer.
- Press the GO button to print a test page and verify the connection.
- Configure the basic printer settings such as language, region, time, and date format.
- Make sure not to connect the USB cable to the printer before installing the driver.
- Install the printer driver on your computer using the CD-ROM.
- Otherwise, download and install the software from the official Brother site.
- Choose Wired Network, Wireless Network, or Direct USB Connection as your connection type during the driver installation.
- After completing the driver setup, verify the print function by printing a sample document remotely from the computer to the printer.
Brother HL 3170CDW Driver Download
A printer driver is responsible for transmitting the printer command from the computer to the printer. It acts as a communication bridge between them. If you wish to download the driver for the Brother HL 3170CDW setup, click the Driver Download button available on this screen. Otherwise, download it from the official Brother site. Make sure to download the printer driver that suits your operating system.
Brother HL 3170CDW Driver Mac
Carry out these steps to download and install the printer driver on the Mac computer:
- Before starting, check whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Connect your computer to the Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- If you wish to connect them over a wireless network, connect the printer to the Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your Mac with administrator rights and connect to the same wireless network.
- Open the web browser and navigate to the official Brother site.
- Type your printer model number in the search panel and click the Search button.
- Click the Downloads tab and select macOS from the OS drop-down menu.
- Choose your desired language from the Language drop-down menu and click the OK button.
- By using these steps we can execute that Brother HL 3170CDW setup.
- Under Drivers, click the Printer Driver option.
- Read the EULA and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The printer driver includes the CUPS Driver, BR-Script Driver, PC-FAX Driver, and Brother Status Monitor.
- It will download as a .dmg file.
- After downloading the printer driver, navigate to the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the installer file to run the driver setup.
- Alternatively, click the brother icon on your desktop and select the Start Here OSX icon to run the driver setup.
- Follow the instructions provided on the setup screen to complete the driver installation.
- Make sure to add your printer as a default printer during the driver setup.
- Finally, verify the connection and printer function.
Brother HL 3170CDW Manual
- You can download the Brother HL 3170CDW setup manual by merely clicking the Manual Download button available on this screen.
- Otherwise, download it from the official Brother site.
- To download the manual from the official site, open the default browser on your computer and navigate to the official site.
- Enter your printer model in the search panel and press the Enter button.
- Click the Manuals tab and select your language from the language pull-down bar.
- Select the manual you wish to download from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- It is available for download as a “.PDF” file.
- Therefore, install a PDF reader on your computer before downloading the manual.
Brother HL 3170CDW Wireless Setup
- Before starting the setup, identify the Wi-Fi network credentials such as SSID and Network Key.
- It is available on the label located at the backside of the Wi-Fi router.
- Now, turn on your printer and check the hardware connection.
- Use the navigation keys to select the Network option on the LCD panel.
- Select the WLAN option followed by Setup Wizard.
- Choose your Wi-Fi SSID from the displayed list and press the OK button.
- Enter the Network Key using the navigation keys and press OK.
- After establishing the network connection, install the printer driver on your computer.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- During the driver installation, choose the Wireless Network Connection option as your connection type.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to add your printer to the computer.
- Click the Print Test Page or Test Print button to print the configuration page for verification.
- Follow these steps we wcan execute that Brother HL 3170CDW setup.
Brother HL 3170CDW Airprint Setup
- AirPrint is an in-built feature on the iOS devices developed by Apple to print wirelessly without any printer drivers.
- Using the AirPrint feature, you can print web pages, emails, photos, and other documents remotely from the iOS device to the Brother HL 3170CDW printer.
- To print using the AirPrint feature, you need to connect the iOS device to a wireless network.
- Turn on the Brother printer and connect it to the same wireless network.
- On your iOS device, open the web page you wish to print or select the document.
- After selecting the source, tap the Print option.
- Select your Brother HL 3170CDW printer from the list of available printers near the device.
- Choose the necessary printer options and tap the Print button to print the selected document or web page.
Brother HL 3170CDW Not Printing
Follow the below-mentioned steps if your Brother HL 3170CDW setup fails to print the assigned print job:
- Check the printer status first and look at the LCD panel for printer errors.
- Check the paper input tray because if the paper tray is empty, the printer could not take the paper and print the assigned print job.
- Also, check the paper settings and toner cartridge installation. Remove and reinstall the cartridges.
- Make sure you have connected the printer and the computer using a standard USB cable.
- If you have connected the printer to the wireless network, check the Wi-Fi router and the Ethernet cable.
- If you are using a Windows PC, navigate to the Control Panel and select the Devices and Printers option.
- Give a right-click on the Brother HL 3170CDW printer icon and select the “Set as default printer” option.
- Remove all the assigned print jobs and open the driver with administrator access.
- For Mac users, check whether you are using the compatible printer driver.
- Add the Brother HL 3170CDW printer as a default printer on your Mac.
- Now, verify whether you are able to print remotely from the computer to the printer.
Brother HL 3170CDW Printer Not Responding
If your Brother HL 3170CDW setup fails to respond to your command, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Check whether the printer is turned on, and look at the LCD panel for error messages.
- Check for any printer error by looking at the printer’s LED.
- If you have connected the printer to the network, check the connection ports and cable for any damages.
- Make sure you have installed the suitable printer driver for the Brother HL 3170CDW printer.
- Update the printer firmware if you are using an obsolete version.
- Restart the printer and try printing a status report by pressing the GO button three times.
- If the problem persists, perform a factory reset to change the configured settings to factory defaults.
- Reconfigure the printer setup and check if the problem persists.
Brother HL 3170CDW Toner Reset
Carry out these steps to reset the toner cartridge of the Brother HL 3170CDW printer:
- Turn on the printer and wait until the LCD panel displays the “Ready” message.
- Open the scanner lid gently and check whether the LCD panel prompts you to close the top cover.
- Now, press the Secure and X Cancel buttons simultaneously and hold them until the toner cartridge name is displayed on the screen.
- Select the navigation keys to choose your desired cartridge and hit the OK button.
- Press the Up-arrow key to select the Reset option.
- The LCD panel will display the “Accepted” message to confirm the reset.
- Using these steps we wcan execute that Brother HL 3170CDW setup.