- Home »
- Brother HL 5370DW
Complete Guidance For Brother HL 5370DW Setup
Brother HL 5370DW is a laser printer that is suitable for small workgroups. It has fast printing options and offers high-quality output. It has a 1200 x 1200 dpi LCD screen on the printer. It has a built-in Ethernet and wireless network interfaces. The Brother HL 5370DW setup printer also has a flexible paper handling features. The monochrome printer also supports duplex printing and can print two-sided documents. It has a 250-sheet capacity tray and a high-yield toner cartridge that is available with the printer. It also has a 50-sheet multi-purpose tray. There are also 800 sheet capacity optional trays.
Step 1: Unpacking the Brother printer
- Take out the printer from the carton and place it on an elevated surface.
- Ensure that there is sufficient ventilation around the printer.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes and protective films from the Brother printer.
- The components included in the printer package consist of the following.
- Drum Unit and Toner Cartridge assembly (pre-installed)
- AC Power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation CD-ROM
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Press the Release button on the front door and open the cartridge door.
- Remove the orange packing restraint.
- Unpack the toner cartridge with the drum unit and gently shake it.
- Insert the toner cartridge assembly to the printer and close the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the paper tray at the bottom of the printer.
- Press the blue tab and slide the paper guide according to the paper’s size that you are going to load.
- Fan a stack of paper and align them by tapping on a flat surface.
- Insert the paper stack into the paper tray. Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Now, fix the tray inside the printer.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer. Fix the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Tap the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Print a test page after properly configuring the printer. Press the Go button.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- To connect the Brother printer to your computer, install the printer software.
- Insert the installation disc or download the printer software from the official Brother HL 5370DW setup website.
- Choose the preferred connection type when prompted.
- Download and install the Brother iPrint&Scan application to use the printer from your smartphone.
Brother HL 5370DW Wired Network Setup
- Connect the router and modem using a network cable.
- Now, plug in another Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the router and fix the other end to your printer.
- Insert the installation disc into your computer to begin the installation.
- Select the Install Driver option and click Network cable users.
- Click Yes to accept the license agreement. Click the Next button.
- When the User Account Control access dialog box appears, click Continue.
- Click Next. Wait until the installation is complete.
- On the final setup screen, click on the Finish button.
Brother Hl 5370dw Driver Download
- Open your browser and enter the official Brother website’s URL in the address bar.
- Choose your region and select a language from the displayed list.
- Now, select your printer model from Product Category.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab. Select your operating system and OS version from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Download option next to the required driver.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother Hl 5370dw Mac Driver
- Enter the official Brother HL 5370DW setup website in your web browser.
- Go to the Support page and choose your printer from Product Category.
- On the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your operating system as Mac. Select the version from the displayed list.
- Download the required printer software by clicking the Download button next to the driver.
- Open the downloaded file and run the software installation.
- When prompted to choose the type of connection, select the preferred connection.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the on-screen steps.
Brother Hl 5370dw Manual
- Go to the official Brother website and choose your region.
- Type the printer model number on the Support page.
- Go to the Manuals tab and choose the required manual.
- Click on the Download option next to the User’s guide to download it on your device.
- Select your language to download the manual for the Brother printer.
Brother Hl 5370dw Wireless Setup
- After completing the hardware connection, connect the printer to a power source.
- Now, press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi ` router.
- Locate the Wireless Setup button on the rear side of the printer and hold it for about three seconds.
- Now, the printer will be automatically connected to the network.
- You can see the confirmation message on the screen when it is connected.
- The Status LED will be lit green when the connection is successful.
- You can now install the printer software on your computer.
- While installing the driver, select the Wireless connection option.
- Once the driver installation is finished, you can print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother Hl 5370dw Airprint
The Brother HL 5370DW printer doesn’t support AirPrint. If you need to print from your iPhone or iPad, install the driver application.
- First, connect your Brother HL 5370DW setup printer to the wireless network.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the same network and open the App Store app.
- Search for the Brother iPrint&Scan app and install it.
- Continue with the on-screen steps to install the app.
- Once the driver app is installed, you will be able to print from your iOS device.
Brother Hl 5370dw Drum Light Stays ON
- If the drum LED light stays on, you have to reset the drum counter.
- Ensure that the Brother printer is connected to the power source and kept turned on.
- Open the front door of the Brother printer and reset the drum counter.
- Press the Go button and hold the button for nearly 4 seconds.
- When all the LEDs light up, release the Go button. Close the front cover.
- Now, the drum light will be turned off.
Brother Hl 5370dw All Lights Flashing
- Turn off the printer by pressing the Power button and hold it for a few seconds until it turns on.
- Keep it turned for about 15 minutes. Verify whether the power cord of the printer is properly connected.
- If the issue persists, reset the Brother printer.
- Turn off the printer and press the Power button. Now, hold the Go button.
- Wait until the printer restarts, and the LED lights will now stop flashing.
Brother Hl 5370dw Not Printing
- If you have connected over the network, make sure that the printer and computer are connected to the network.
- If the printer is in sleep mode, awake it.
- Check whether the printer status is offline.
- Press the Start menu. Go to Control Panel.
- Select Devices and Printers and right-click on the printer. Select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Printer menu and select the Use printer online option.
- If could also be a driver error. So try reinstalling the driver by downloading it from the official Brother HL 5370DW setup website.
- For USB or wired network connection, check the interface cable and makes sure it is properly connected.