- Home »
- Brother HL L2300D
Brother HL L2300D Setup
Brother HL L2300D Setup is a monochrome laser printer that is capable of printing at a speed of 27ppm with the 2400 * 600 dpi resolution. Below are the easy steps to perform the initial setup of the Brother HL L2300D printer.
Components included in the box:
- Drum unit (pre-installed)
- Inbox/starter toner cartridge
- AC power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Lift the Brother HL L2300D printer out of the box and then remove all the protective and packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer.
- Insert and push the toner cartridge correctly.
- Pull the tray out from the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- After adjusting the paper guides, place enough plain paper in the tray without exceeding the maximum paper limit.
- The printed side of the plain paper must face down in the paper tray.
- Place the tray back into the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- Take the power cord and use it to establish a connection between the Brother HL L2300D printer and the power source.
- Hold the Power button on the top panel to turn on the printer.
- Using these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2300D Setup.
- Insert the CD-ROM in the computer’s drive.
- The installation window will start automatically.
- If not, navigate to File Explorer and double-click the CD-ROM.
- The installation will begin once you double-click the start.exe file.
- Proceed with the steps that appear on the screen to complete the installation of the Brother HL L2300D printer driver on your computer.
Brother HL L2300D Driver
The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended driver as well as a comprehensive file that includes all the required drivers and software of the Brother HL L2300D printer. This helps to utilize all the functions and features of the Brother printer from your computer. This driver file can be downloaded by clicking the Driver Download button available on this web page. Additional drivers available for the Brother HL L2300D printer are Printer Driver and XML Paper Specification Printer Driver.
Brother HL L2300D Driver For Mac
- Launch a web browser on your Mac computer that is connected to a stable internet connection and then visit the official Brother website.
- Find the Brother HL L2300D printer, click the Downloads tab on the left panel, and choose the macOS X option from the OS drop-down menu.
- Click the Printer Driver link and select the Agree to the EULA and Download option. This will download the Brother HL L2300D printer driver on the Mac computer.
- Double-click the downloaded printer driver file and perform the on-screen guidelines to finish the installation.
- An alternative way of downloading the printer driver for Mac is by clicking the Driver Download button provided on our web page.
Brother HL L2300D User Manual
- Start the default web browser on your computer and go to the manufacturer website.
- Click the Manuals tab on the left panel and check if the English option has been selected from the Language drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the User’s Guide section and click Download or View option next to User Guide. This will save a soft copy of the Brother HL L2300D printer manual.
- Also, you can get the soft copy of the printer manual by clicking the Manual Download link given on this web page.
Brother HL L2300D Wireless Setup
To print wirelessly, you have to configure the Brother HL L2300D setup for a wireless network. You can perform the wireless setup using the WPS Push Button, WPS PIN Code Mode, or by selecting the wireless router method. Mostly, the users prefer to use the WPS Push Button or select the wireless router method. To use the WPS Push Button method, your wireless router needs to support WPS.
Brother HL L2300D Wireless Setup Mac
To perform the wireless setup on the Brother HL L2300D printer using your wireless router’s settings, refer to the simple instructions given here.Note: You can prefer this procedure if the SSID is not broadcast. Note down the network information such as SSID and password of your wireless router.
- Go to the control panel of the Brother HL L2300D printer, select the following options, and press the OK button.
- Setup Wizard
- As soon as you see the WLAN Enable message on the LCD panel, select the ON option by pressing the up arrow button.
- It begins the wireless setup wizard.
- The Brother HL L2300D printer searches for available networks and shows them on the LCD panel.
- Choose your SSID and press the OK option.
- Select the Infrastructure option followed by the Authentication Method option and then press OK.
- If you have selected the Open System option, choose the None option.
- If you have selected the WEP option, type the WEP key and press the OK button on the control panel.
- Save the settings by pressing the up arrow button.
- Now, the Brother HL L2300D printer is connected to the chosen wireless network.
- The Connected message on the LCD panel will appear if the connection establishment is successful.
- Go to your Mac computer, open a web browser, and visit the official Brother website.
- Navigate to the Downloads web page of the Brother HL L2300D printer and download the printer driver.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to install the printer driver on the Mac computer.
- Use the following steps we can execute the brother hl l2300d setup.
Brother HL L2300D Airprint
The Brother HL L2300D printer does not support the AirPrint function.
Brother HL L2300D Drum Replacement
- Check if the Brother HL L2300D printer is turned on. If not, press the Power button on the front panel and hold it.
- Open the printer’s front cover and take the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly out from the printer.
- Press the green lock lever to separate the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Take a new drum unit and remove it from the package.
- Place the toner cartridge in the new drum unit.
- Check if you can hear a sound after the toner cartridge placement.
- This indicates that the toner cartridge is placed correctly in the drum unit of the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- Move the green tab present inside the drum unit from left to right or vice versa and then clean the corona wire.
- Insert the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly back to the printer.
- Close the Brother HL L2300D printer’s front cover properly.
Brother HL L2300D Toner Reset
To perform the toner reset on the Brother HL L2300D printer, carry out the easy steps given on this web page.
- Turn off the printer.
- Open the Brother HL L2300D printer’s toner cover.
- Hold the Go button, and at the same time, power up the printer.
- Release the Go button once you see the Toner, Paper, and Drum LEDs stays lit.
- Press the Go button 9 times followed by the 5 times after the LEDs are lit.
- Close the Brother HL L2300D printer’s toner cover properly.
- Perform these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2300D Setup.
Brother HL L2300D All Lights Flashing
If all the LEDs on the Brother HL L2300D printer flash, perform the steps mentioned here.
- If the Brother HL L2300D printer is turned on, hold the Power button to turn off the printer.
- After a few seconds, hold the Power button on the control panel.
- This will power up the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- Leave the printer idle for 15 minutes and check if the problem is resolved.
- If the issue persists, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving the all LEDs flashing problem on the Brother HL L2300D printer.
Brother HL L2300D Not Printing
- Make sure to turn on the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- If any error occurs on the printer’s LCD panel, troubleshoot it depending on the error and then proceed with the following steps.
Connection between your computer and the printer:
- Disconnect a USB cable between the Brother HL L2300D printer and your computer.
- After a while, try to establish the connection again using the USB cable.
- The USB you are using should meet the following specifications.
- Twisted pair cable
- Not longer than 6 feet long
- Do not use a USB hub for the connection. If required, replace the USB cable.
- Also, try to connect to a different USB port.
Printer driver settings:
- On the computer, launch the Control Panel window and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Right-click the Brother HL L2300D printer icon and deselect the checkbox next to the Use printer offline option.
- Also, you can set the printer as the default printing source by selecting the Set as Default Printer option.
- Choose the Cancel All Documents option from the Printer menu. This will clear all the print jobs.
- By following the steps we can execute the Brother HL L2300D Setup.
- Turn off the Brother HL L2300D printer and turn it on again.
- Restart the computer.
- The printer driver might also be the reason for this problem.
- So, uninstall the existing printer driver and reinstall it on the computer.
Brother HL L2300D Paper Light Flashing
- If the Paper LED on the Brother HL L2300D printer keeps on blinking, resolve this problem as per the instructions given below.
- The reasons for this problem are listed here.
- Fuser cover is open
- Disabled 2-sided
- Paper jam
- Out of memory
- Size mismatch
- Check if the fuser cover is closed properly. Open the fuser cover and then close it correctly.
- Remove and re-insert the 2-sided tray in the printer.
- Try to remove the jammed paper from the inside and rear side of the Brother HL L2300D printer.
- Also, clear the jammed paper in the paper tray.
- If you print a large-sized file, change the resolution and print it as the memory is not enough to print a large file.
- The size of the paper loaded in the paper tray must match the size that you have mentioned in the print settings.
- By using these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2300D Setup.