- Home »
- Brother HL L2360DW
Brother HL L2360DW Setup
Brother HL L2360DW is a monochrome printer that is well suitable for home and office purposes. It has a 250 sheet paper capacity and can be connected via Wireless, Ethernet, and USB cable connections. It also has an auto-duplex feature that enables double-sided printing. It prints with a print speed of 32 pages per minute. Carry out these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the Brother printer from the carton and remove all the packing materials from the printer.
- The printer accessories included in the printer package are given below.
- Drum Unit
- Toner Cartridge
- AC Power Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Installation CD-ROM
Step 2: Fixing toner cartridge
- Open the cartridge door to find the drum unit pre-installed in the printer.
- Remove the orange packing restraint and gently take out the drum unit.
- Unpack the toner cartridge and remove the orange shipping restraint.
- Now, insert the toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Insert the drum unit assembly into the printer by pushing it inside.
- Once the drum unit fits into place, close the cartridge door.
Step 3: Loading Paper
- Pull out the input paper tray and slide the paper guides to the edges of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface to avoid paper jams.
- Once you have loaded the paper, slide the paper guides against the paper stack.
- Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Now, insert the tray into the printer.
- Follow these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear side and plug in the other end to an AC outlet.
- Now, turn on the printer and select General Setup using the navigation buttons. Press OK.
- Select Local Language and tap OK.
- Now, choose your language and set the Date & Time settings.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- Install the printer driver on your computer to connect the printer to it.
- For a Windows computer, install the software from the installation disc.
- If you are using a Mac device, download the software from the official Brother website and install it.
- Choose a preferred connection method while installing the printer software.
- If you want to print from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- By following these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
Brother HL L2360DW Driver Download
- Go to the official Brother website from a web browser.
- Choose your place of residence and go to the support page of the printer.
- Click on the Product search tab and type the printer model number.
- You can also search your printer model using the Product Category option.
- On the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Select your operating system and version to view the list of drivers available for your device.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended driver package for the printer.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother HL L2360DW Mac Driver Download
- Open a browser and navigate to the official Brother website.
- Go to the support page of the printer.
- Click the Downloads tab on the printer’s page.
- Choose your OS Family as Mac and select your OS version. Click the OK button.
- Now, select the required driver and click on the Download button.
- Open the downloaded file and continue to install the driver by following the instructions displayed on the installation wizard.
Brother Printer HL L2360DW Manual Download
- Go to the official Brother website from a browser.
- Type the printer’s model number in the search section and tap the Enter key.
- If you want to select the printer model, choose it from Product Category.
- On the printer’s page, click the Manuals tab.
- Choose the required manual and select the Click to choose link next to it.
- You can download the manual in your preferred language.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
- By using these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
How To Connect The Printer To Wifi
- You should know the network credentials to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you have not changed the network credentials of your wireless router, locate the SSID and password on the router’s label.
- Now, connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Once we have made all the hardware connections on the printer, tap the power button.
- Select the Network option using the navigation buttons and press OK.
- Select WLAN and press OK.
- Navigate to the Setup wizard option and enable WLAN by pressing the up arrow button.
- Choose your network from the displayed list and enter the password correctly.
- After entering the network credentials, press the OK button and tap OK again to apply the settings.
- Wait until the connection is established and then print the WLAN report.
- The Wi-Fi LED will glow when the printer gets connected to the network.
- Now, install the printer software on your computer.
- If your device doesn’t have a CD drive, download the printer software from the official Brother website.
- Run the installer file and continue with the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your computer.
- When prompted to choose the connection type, select the wireless connection option.
- The remaining set up can be done by following the instructions on the screen.
- You will now be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
- Perform these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
How To Connect The Printer To Computer
- If you want to connect the printer to your computer, you have to install the printer software on the computer.
- You can connect the printer and computer through a wireless network.
- Ensure to configure are Wi-Fi router prior to the setup.
- First, connect your printer to the wireless network. For the wireless connection, you can refer to the steps given in the previous section.
- Once you have connected the printer to the network, connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- For a Windows computer, click the Wi-Fi icon on the system tray.
- Choose your network name from the displayed list.
- Enter the password of the network correctly and click on the Connect button.
- Now, download the printer software from the official Brother website.
- Make sure you download the recommended software to get the full features of the printer.
- Choose the connection type as wireless and install the printer software.
- Now, the printer and the computer will be connected.
- You can also connect the printer and computer using USB and Ethernet connections.
Brother HL L2360DW Airprint
- AirPrint allows you to print your documents wirelessly from your iOS device without installing the printer driver on it.
- First, connect the printer to a wireless network.
- Following that, connect your iOS device to the same wireless network.
- Open the document/webpage/photo that you want to print on the iOS device and tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print option and choose the Brother printer from the displayed list to print the document.
- Proceed these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
Brother HL L2360DW Troubleshooting
If you are facing any printer issues, check the printer screen for error messages. If you see any instructions on the printer screen, you can follow it to resolve the error. Some of the common errors that occur on the printer and their troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below. You can also refer to the user manual of the printer for the troubleshooting steps. However, if you find it to be difficult to fix your printer issues, feel free to contact our technical support team by clicking the Call button on this page.
- Check if the printer and computer are connected to each other properly.
- If you have connected the printer to a Windows computer, go to the Control Panel window from the Start menu and select Hardware and Sound.
- Navigate to Devices and Printers and right-click on the printer. Select the Set as default printer option from the displayed list.
- Ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is not enabled.
- Click the Printer menu and select the Open as Administrator option from the displayed list.
- If you are using a Mac computer, open System Preferences and click Print & Scan.
- Now, select the Default icon, and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Check if the CUPS driver is selected in the Use section and click ‘Add to set the printer as a default printer.’
- Restart your printer to turn it online.
Deep Sleep Problem
- If your printer is turned on for a longer time and doesn’t receive any print jobs, it goes to the deep sleep mode.
- Press the minus button and select the General setup by pressing the OK button.
- Select Ecology and go to the Sleep Time option.
- Now press the minus and back arrow buttons together to open Deep Sleep Mode.
- Now, turn it off using the navigation buttons and press OK.
- Using these steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.
Brother HL L2360DW Won’t Connect To Wifi
- If there are any issues with your wireless router, fix it first.
- Check your wireless router and modem, whether they are connected properly. Make sure that the interface cables are not defective.
- If you are out of range, move your router closer to your printer to avoid connection issues.
- Reset the network and try connecting to your network again by selecting the network name.
- Type the correct password of your network and get connected to it.
- If you are having an older version of the printer software, uninstall it and install the latest version.
- Make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, your printer should get connected to Wi-Fi.
Brother HL L2360DW Not Printing
- Ensure the printer is not in Power Off mode.
- Tap any button on the printer and check whether you can see the display turn on.
- Check the ink level in the printer and make sure that you have loaded enough paper in the input tray.
- Launch the Devices and Printers window on your computer and right-click your printer icon. Select See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer menu and make sure that the Use Printer Offline option is not selected.
- If the Pause printing option is selected, uncheck it.
- Remove any printing jobs from the queue.
- Now, you can start printing from your computer.
- By utilizing these above steps to configure the brother HL L2360DW setup.