- Home »
- Brother HL L2380DW
Brother HL L2380DW Setup
Brother HL L2380DW is a monochrome color laser printer that is capable of printing wirelessly. The printer weighs 21.6 pounds, and the printing speed is up to 32 ppm. For easy navigation, the printer has a 27″ touchscreen display. The Brother printer also supports a wired connection and a direct USB connection. Use the Brother iPrint&Scan application to print from your smartphones. You can also print from your mobile device through AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Wi-Fi Direct. Are you setting up the printer for the first time? Then, proceed with the steps that are given below the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the printer from the carton box and place it on a location away from direct sunlight.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes and plastic films from the printer.
- The components included in the printer package consist of the following.
- Drum Unit (pre-installed)
- AC Power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Basic User’s Guide
- Installation CD-ROM
- Starter Toner Cartridge
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Lower the cartridge door and remove the orange packing restraint.
- Unpack the toner cartridge and remove the orange part. Then, slightly shake it before fixing it to the drum unit.
- Take out the drum unit and fix the starter toner cartridge into the drum unit.
- Insert the toner cartridge assembly into the printer. Then, close the cartridge door.
- Use the following steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the input paper tray at the bottom of the printer.
- Slide the paper guides towards the edges of the tray.
- Fan a paper stack and align it before loading it.
- Insert the paper stack into the input paper tray.
- Push the tray inside the printer to fix it firmly.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer. Then, plug in the other end to an electrical outlet.
- To turn on the printer, touch the Power button on the control panel of the printer.
- Tap the Settings option on the touchscreen and go to All Settings.
- Select the Initial Setup section and touch Local language.
- Now, choose your language from the displayed list. Then, return to the home screen.
- By following these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- To connect the printer to your computer, you have to install the printer software.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- If your computer does not have a CD drive, download the driver from the official Brother website.
- When prompted to choose the connection type, select Local Connection(USB), Wired Network Connection(Ethernet), or Wireless Network Connection. Then, click Next.
- For a Wireless connection, select Setup Wizard from the control panel of the printer. Then, choose your SSID from the list and get connected to it.
- In case of a Direct USB connection, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Connect the printer and network router using an Ethernet cable for a Wired connection.
- If you want to use the printer from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application.
- Go to the Google Play Store application from your Android device and download the app.
- For iOS devices, you can download the application from the App Store.
- You can perform AirPrint from any iOS device like iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Brother HL L2380DW Driver Download
Don’t have the installation disc with you? Then, proceed with the steps that are given below to download the driver for the printer.
- Open your browser and enter the URL of the official Brother website in the address section.
- Choose your region and select a language from the displayed list.
- Now, enter the printer model number or choose your printer from Product Category.
- Select Monochrome Laser printer and click the HL-L series. Then, select the printer.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab on the printer’s page and choose your operating system from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Download button next to the required driver.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
- Perform these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Brother HL L2380DW Driver for Mac
Proceed with the steps that are given below to install the driver on your Mac computer.
- Download the driver from our site.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on the installer file.
- Select the Start Here Mac option and click Open to begin the installation.
- When the Start Here Mac wizard appears, click Next.
- Choose your connection method when prompted. Then, click Next.
- If you have a wireless router, select the Wireless Network Connection option.
- Otherwise, select Wired Network Connection (Ethernet), or Local Connection (USB).
- Complete the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Brother HL L2380DW Manual
If you don’t have the user manual with you, carry out the steps that are given below to download the manual.
- Go to the official Brother website to download the manual.
- Navigate to the Support page by choosing your region.
- Enter the printer model number in the Search section and hit the Enter key.
- If you want to select the printer model, choose it from Product Category.
- On the printer’s page, select the Manuals tab.
- Choose the required manual and select the Click to choose the link next to it.
- You can download the manual in your preferred language.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
- Follow these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Brother HL L2380DW Wireless Printing
Do you want to print wirelessly from your computer? Then, proceed with the steps that are given below to set up a wireless connection.
Step 1: Connecting the Brother printer to the wireless network
- Make sure to configure your wireless router before starting the connection and keep it turned on.
- Touch the Wi-Fi option on the control panel of the printer.
- Tap Setup Wizard and touch Yes when prompted to switch the interface to wireless.
- Choose your network name from the displayed list and tap the OK button.
- Now, enter the password of the network using the touchscreen keypad. Then, touch OK.
- When prompted for confirmation to apply the settings, select Yes.
- Now, your printer will get connected to the wireless network.
Step 2: Connecting the printer to your computer
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network by turning on Wi-Fi.
- Insert the installation disc into the CD drive of your computer.
- Otherwise, you can download the printer software from the official Brother website.
- Run the installer file to begin the installation.
- Choose your language from the displayed list and click Install.
- Select Yes to agree with the terms and conditions of the license agreement.
- To check for the latest software, click Yes. Then, select the Continue button.
- When the Connection type window appears, select the Wireless Network Connection option. Then, click Next.
- If you have installed any Firewall or Antivirus on your computer, select the Change the Firewall port settings option to enable network connection. Then, click Next.
- Select your Brother printer model from the displayed list and click Next.
- If you don’t find your printer on the screen, click on the Refresh button.
- After the installation is complete, click Next.
- Checkmark the Enable Status monitor on startup, Enable the Network connection tool, and Set as Default printer options on the Setup complete screen.
- Select Yes to restart your computer and click on the Finish button.
- You can now print wirelessly from your computer.
- Proceed these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Airprint Brother HL L2380DW
The AirPrint feature on the printer allows you to print wirelessly from your iOS device. If you are using an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you can print from your device without installing the driver. Let it be a webpage, document, or photo; you can print anything from your device by connecting both devices to the same wireless network.
- You have to configure your wireless router prior to the connection and keep it turned on.
- To connect the Brother printer to your wireless network from the control panel, select Wi-Fi on the touchscreen and then tap Setup Wizard.
- Now, choose your network SSID from the displayed list and enter the password of the network. Then, tap OK.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iOS device and select your network SSID. Enter the password to connect to the network.
- Now, open the document, photo, email, or webpage that you want to print.
- Tap the Share icon and select Print.
- If your printer is not displayed, choose your printer. Then, touch on the Print button.
- Your document will now be printed via AirPrint.
How To Scan On Brother HL L2380DW
Proceed with the steps that are given below to scan on the Brother printer.
- Make sure to install the printer software on your computer. Also, connect your printer and computer by any means.
- Place the document or photo you want to scan on the scanner glass. Place the print side of the document/photo face down on the glass by following the mark.
- Press the Scan option on the control panel of the printer.
- Now, tap the Folder icon to save the scanned document to your computer.
- Set your scanning preferences and tap OK.
- Touch the Scan button to begin the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, the scanned file will be saved to your computer.
- You can also scan from the computer using the scanning software installed on your computer.
- Using these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Brother HL L2380DW Toner Replacement
If you the cartridge has run out toner, you can replace it by following the steps that are given below.
- Turn on the printer and lower the cartridge door.
- Remove the drum unit assembly and take out the toner cartridge by pushing the lever.
- Unpack a new toner cartridge and remove the protective case on it.
- Shake the toner cartridge back and forth before inserting it into the drum unit.
- Now, fix the drum unit assembly back to the printer. Then, close the cartridge door.
- You can now start printing again.
Brother HL L2380DW Won’t Turn On
- Plug the power cord out from the printer and wait for at least a minute.
- Remove the paper tray from the printer.
- Now, press the Power button and hold it for about three seconds without connecting the power cord. Then, plug in the power cord to an AC outlet by holding the Power button.
- If the printer doesn’t turn on, try connecting the power cord to another outlet.
- If the issue persists, perform a firmware update to resolve the issue.
- By using these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Brother HL L2380DW Keeps Going Offline
- Check if you have connected the printer to a power source. Replace the power cord if it is defective.
- If your printer is in the sleep mode, press the Power button.
- Ensure that the printer is connected to your computer properly if connected using USB or wired connection.
- If you are using Windows computer, open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select Devices and Printers under Hardware and Sound.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and click the Set as default printer option from the displayed list.
- If the issue persists, right-click on the printer and select See what’s printing.
- Go to the Printer menu and select Cancel All Documents to close running print jobs.
- If the Use Printer Offline option is selected, deselect it.
- Restart your computer and printer and check if the issue has been fixed.
- By utilizing these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.
Brother HL L2380DW Not Scanning
- First, remove the document you are trying to scan from the scanner glass of the printer.
- Make sure you have specified the correct scan settings.
- Now, place the document again properly and try to scan. If the issue persists, proceed with the steps below.
- It might be a driver issue. Go to the official Brother website and download the Full Driver and Software package of the latest version.
- Install the driver and check if the issue has been resolved.
- Print a network configuration sheet to check the IP address of the printer.
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel. Then, open Devices and Printers.
- Select the View scanners and cameras option and click Scanner Properties.
- Click the Network Setting tab and type the correct IP address of the printer. Then, click on the OK button.
- If the issue persists, check the firewall settings, whether it is blocking the software to scan.
- In such cases, disable the Firewall or Antivirus software to resolve the issue.
- If the above steps do not help, reset the printer. Reconfigure the printer settings, and try to scan again.
- Now, Perform these steps we can execute the Brother HL L2380DW setup.