- BROTHER HL L2390DW TROUBLESHOOTING
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER HL L2390DW PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
“Are you facing a problem on your Brother HL-L2390DW printer while performing the print or scan operation on it?” If yes, this webpage will show you how to fix the problems on your printer easily and quickly. You can also contact us if you need real-time technical assistance in resolving your printer issues.
HL L2390DW PRINTER NOT PRINTING
“Is your Brother HL-L2390DW printer not responding to the print operation?” If yes, try these quick and simple troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Turn on your printer if it is turned off. If your printer is already turned on, restart it to fix the problem.
- Check the Status Monitor on your printer. If you find any error code (for example, 6001) or message displayed on the monitor, clear it by performing the necessary troubleshooting solution and then print a test page.
- Ensure that the compatible and the latest version of the printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Check whether your Windows or Mac computer (on which you’re using the printer) and the printer are connected to the same network. If not, connect them to the same network.
- Check and disable or enable the Use Printer Offline or Use Printer Online option on your printer, respectively. (Scroll down this page to know how to clear the “offline” error in detail).
- Update the printer’s firmware if available. To do so:
- Press the Settings button.
- Select All Settings > Machine Info > Firmware Update.
- Restore the printer settings to default if they are configured wrongly.
- To do so:
- Open All Settings on the printer.
- Select General Setup > Printer > Reset Printer.
- Once the settings are restored, reconfigure them.
“BROTHER HL L2390DW PRINTER OFFLINE” -QUICK FIXES
- Check to ensure that your Brother HL-L2390DW printer is turned on.
- Ensure that no error message or code is displayed on your printer screen.
- Reconnect your printer to the computer.
- Check and set your printer as the default machine on the computer if you haven’t set it yet.
- Cancel or delete the paused print jobs on your printer.
- Check to ensure that the correct printer driver is installed on your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE JAMMED PAPER FROM BROTHER PRINTER
- A paper can jam in the following parts of your Brother printer:
- Input Paper Tray
- Output Paper Tray
- Back of the printer
- Inside the printer
- 2-sided tray.
- However, you can clear the jammed paper easily and quickly.
- Initially, restart your printer.
- After your printer restarts, check whether the Paper Jam message is displayed on the screen.
- If yes, remove the remaining paper left in the paper tray.
- Look for the jammed paper in the parts mentioned above.
- If you find any, remove it gently out of the printer.
- After removing all the jammed paper, reload the paper tray and print a test page to check whether the paper jam problem is resolved.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the Paper Jam problem is fixed. Otherwise, look for the jammed paper in the other parts of the printer and remove it, if you find any.
PRINTER WON’T SCAN
- Initially, make sure that the document you want to scan is loaded properly in the ADF or on the scanner glass of your printer.
- Next, temporarily disable the security software or feature on your computer/router.
- Check whether the latest version of the scanner driver is installed on your computer. If not, install it and then perform the scan operation.