- Home »
- Brother HL L3230CDW
Guidance For Brother HL L3230CDW Setup
Brother HL L3230CDW is a color wireless printer that is suitable for business purposes. It provides easy connection features that include both the USB and Ethernet connections. It has a 250 sheet capacity tray so that you don’t have to refill paper frequently. The printer helps to print in color at an affordable price with good print quality. The steps to know the Brother HL L3230CDW setup are mentioned below.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- First, take out the printer from the packing box and keep it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the packing materials like tapes and plastic films from the printer.
- The components included in the printer package consist of the following.
- Drum unit and Toner cartridge assemblies (pre-installed)
- Waste Toner Box
- AC Power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Bell Unit
- Installation disc
Step 2: Installing the toner cartridge
- Open the top cover and slide the yellow drum locks outwards.
- Take out the pre-installed toner cartridges and waste toner box.
- Gently shake the toner cartridge and remove the orange packing restraint.
- Insert it by following the color codes. Fix all toner cartridges one by one.
- Adjust the locks and close the top cover.
Step 3: Loading paper
- Pull out the input paper tray located at the bottom.
- Slide the paper guides according to the size of the paper that you are going to load.
- Fan a paper stack and tap them on a flat surface before loading.
- Now, insert the stack of paper in the input paper tray.
- Load the stack of paper only below the maximum paper mark and push the tray inside.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the rear side of the printer.
- Plug in the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer and hold it for a few seconds.
- Choose your language and other required settings using the control panel buttons.
Step 5: Installing the printer software
- Insert the installation disc into your computer.
- If you don’t have a CD drive, you can download the driver from the official Brother website.
- Choose a preferred connection type and install the software.
- You can now print from your device after installing the driver.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Driver Download
Download the printer software by following the steps that are given below.
- Open your browser and type the official Brother HL L3230CDW setup website’s URL in the address bar.
- Select your region from the displayed list.
- Now, choose your Brother printer model from the Product Category.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab. Choose your operating system and OS version from the drop-down list.
- Click Download next to the required driver.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Driver Mac
Since the Mac devices don’t have a CD drive, you can download the driver for your Mac.
- Enter the official Brother website’s URL in the address bar of your web browser.
- Go to the Support page. Choose your printer from the Product Category.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your operating system as Mac. Select the Mac version.
- Download the required software by clicking on the Download button next to the driver.
- Double-click on the installer file to begin the installation.
- Select Start Here Mac and click Open.
- When the Usage Information appears, click Next.
- Choose the type of connection and click Next.
- In the Install Printer Drivers wizard, click Continue.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Manual Download
- Visit the official Brother HL L3230CDW setup website from your web browser.
- Choose your region and navigate to the Support page.
- Enter the printer model number in the Search section and hit the Enter key.
- On the printer’s page, select the Manuals tab and choose the required manual.
- Click on the Download button next to the manual. Then, click on the Download icon on the PDF page to download the manual.
- You can also click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Wifi Setup
- First, configure your router before the setup.
- Install the printer driver and choose the Wireless Network Connection. Click Next.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions and connect your printer to the network.
- Select the Network option on the printer and press the OK button.
- Using the navigation buttons, select WLAN. Tap OK.
- Select the WPS option and press the OK button.
- When prompted to enable WLAN, select the On option.
- You will be prompted to tap the WPS button on the router.
- Once you press the WPS button on the router, a confirmation message will be displayed on the printer screen.
- You will be able to print wirelessly from your computer when the connection is successful.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Airprint
- With the AirPrint feature, you will be able to print from any iOS device without installing the printer driver or app.
- First, connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone or iPad, turn on Wi-Fi and get connected to the same network.
- Open the document you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print option from the list.
- Choose the printer and set the required preferences. Select Print.
- Now, the document will be successfully printed.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Scanner
- Go to the official Brother HL L3230CDW setup website from your browser.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left panel.
- Select the operating system and version of your computer.
- Now, click Download next to the scanner driver.
- Open the downloaded file and install the scanner driver.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Scan to Email
- Make sure to install the scanner driver for the printer.
- Place the document on the printer scanner glass.
- Select the Scan option using the navigation buttons. Select Scan to PC. Press OK.
- Once the scan is complete, save the document to your computer.
- Now, open the email app on your computer and click on the Compose section.
- Add the recipient address and click on the Attach icon.
- Select the document to add as an attachment. Click on the Send button.
- Now, the email will be sent successfully.
Brother Hl l3230cdw Troubleshooting
The printer may undergo certain problems when used for a longer time. See the printer screen for any errors. Most of the errors can be resolved by following the on-screen instructions on the printer.
Printer not printing:
- Check whether the printer and computer are properly connected if they are connected via cables.
- In case of a wireless network, connect the device and printer to the same wireless network.
- If you have installed an old printer driver, install the latest version from the official Brother HL L3230CDW setup website.
- Disable any antivirus, firewall, or security software on your computer.
- If you have connected the Brother printer to a Windows computer, open the Settings window.
- Go to the Devices and Printers in the Search section and hit the Enter key.
- Right-click on the Brother printer and select the See what’s printing option.
- Now, clear the print jobs.
- Go to the Printer menu and select the Use Printer Online option.
- Reboot the printer and computer to fix the issue.