- Home »
- Configuration Of Brother HL L3270CDW Priner
How To Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW?
Brother HL L3270DW is a wireless color printer with an LED screen user interface. You can print A4, A5, A6, and other size documents easily using this printer. It also supports auto-duplexing. To set up brother HL L3270CDW Printer for the first time, consider the steps given below.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Take out the printer from the carton.
- Remove all the packing materials, including the tapes and protective films from the printer.
Step 2: Fixing toner cartridge
- On the printer, lift the top cover and remove the packing materials.
- Slide all the drum locks and install the toner cartridges.
- Remove the orange shipping restraint from the cartridges and again install them in the printer.
- After installing all the toner cartridges, close the cartridge door.
Step 3: Loading Paper
- Pull out the input paper tray and slide the paper guides to the edges of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface before loading the paper stack.
- After loading the paper, adjust the paper guides.
- Now, fix the tray back to the printer.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear side and plug the other end to an AC outlet.
- Turn on the printer by tapping the Power button and tap the Settings icon.
- Select All Settings and go to Initial Setup.
- Touch Local language and choose your language.
- Select Date & Time under Initial Setup and set the date and time.
Step 5: Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW Printer To Install Software
- Now, install the printer software on your computer to connect your printer and computer.
- If you are using a Windows computer, insert the installation disc into your computer’s CD drive.
- In case you have a Mac device, you can download the software from the official Brother site.
- To print from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
Brother HL L3270CDW Driver Download
If you don’t have the installation disc with you, you can download the software by following the steps that are given below.
- Open a browser and type the official Brother website’s URL in the address bar.
- Choose your region and select a language from the displayed list.
- Now, enter the printer model number in the Search section.
- Navigate to the Downloads tab and choose your operating system and OS version from the available drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Download button next to the required driver.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW Driver For Mac
Carry out the steps that are given below to download and install the printer driver on a Mac computer.
- Enter the official Brother website’s URL in the address bar of your web browser.
- Navigate to the Support page and select your printer from Product Category.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose Mac as the operating system and select the OS version from the displayed list.
- Now, select the required software and download it by clicking the Download button.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer file to begin the driver installation.
- If prompted to choose the connection type, select a preferred connection method.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the instructions on the screen.
Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW For Wifi
- First, configure your wireless router before starting the setup process and keep it turned on.
- Also, note down your SSID and network key.
- Once you have made all the hardware connections on the printer, tap the Wi-Fi icon.
- Select the Setup Wizard option and tap Yes.
- Choose your wireless network, enter the password of the network, and tap OK.
- You can view the connected message on the screen when the setup is completed.
- Now, install the printer software on your computer.
- You can install the software from the installation disc or download the latest version of the software from the printer’s official website.
- Run the installer file, agree with the Brother’s license agreement by selecting the ‘I accept’ option, and then click Next.
- Click the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option when prompted to choose the connection type. Then, select your printer and click Next.
- After installing the software, you can print and scan wirelessly from your computer.
Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW For Airprint
- If you have an iOS device, you can print from your device by connecting the printer and device to the same wireless network.
- Make sure to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Open the Settings app from your iPhone.
- Select the Wi-Fi section and turn on the toggle switch button.
- Choose your network’s SSID from the list and type the password of the network to connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer.
- When your printer and iPhone are connected to the same wireless network, you can print from your iPhone easily.
- Open the webpage, document, or photo that you want to print and tap the Share icon.
- Touch the Print option and tap Select Printer.
- Now, select your printer and tap Print to print the document.
Brother HL L3270CDW Reset Toner
If you see the Replace Toner message on the printer screen even after installing a new toner cartridge, you can reset the toner by following the procedure given below.
- Turn on the printer and press the Toner icon on the touchscreen. Hold it for about five seconds.
- Select the Drum option and select the toner color you have replaced. Then, tap Yes to reset the toner. If you have any further queries to Set Up Brother HL L3270CDW, click the call button.