- Home »
- Brother HL L3290CDW
Brother HL L3290CDW Setup
The Brother HL L3290CDW printer uses the Electrographic LED printer technology. This printer supports various printer functions such as printing, copying, scanning, and faxing. To know how to perform the initial setup of the Brother HL L3290CDW printer, refer to the below-mentioned quick steps on Brother HL L3290CDW setup.
Unpacking the printer
- Check if the necessary components are included in the box along with the printer.
- Remove the blue packing tape as well as protective materials from the inside and outside of the printer.
Loading paper into the paper tray
Pull out the paper tray, place some paper in it, and align the paper guides.
Connecting the power cord
- Connect the printer’s power cord to a power outlet.
- On the front panel, press the Power button.
- Set the language using the control panel and press the OK button.
Connecting your computer
- Establish a connection between the Brother HL L3290CDW printer and your computer.
- Install the Full Driver & Software Package on your computer.
Brother HL L3290CDW Driver Download
- Download the Brother HL L3290CDW printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button given below.
- Alternatively, go to the official Brother website and enter the model number of your Brother printer in the search bar.
- Navigate to the Downloads section. The Operating System of your computer will be detected automatically. Click OK -> Full Driver & Software Package -> Agree to the EULA and Download.
- The downloaded printer driver will be saved in the computer’s Downloads folder by default.
- Follow these steps to configure the Brother HL L3290CDW setup.
Brother HL L3290CDW Mac Driver
- Open a browser on your computer, visit the official Brother web page, and search for the Brother HL L3290CDW printer.
- Go to the Downloads tab. The Mac computer’s OS will be selected automatically. Confirm it by clicking the OK button.
- Download the recommended driver package file by clicking its link followed by the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- You can find the downloaded printer driver in the Downloads folder.
- Alternatively, click the Driver Download link given below to download the Brother HL L3290CDW printer driver for the Mac computer.
Brother HL L3290CDW Manual Download
- Open a web browser, access the manufacturer web page (official Brother website), and find the Brother HL L3290CDW printer.
- Go to the Manuals section and click the Download button next to the preferred manual.
- A soft copy of the manual will be downloaded to the computer.
- Alternatively, click the Manual Download link provided on this page.
Brother Hl l3290cdw Wifi Setup
- Power up the Brother HL L3290CDW printer.
- Insert the Brother installation disc into the computer’s CD drive.
- You can also download the Full Driver & Software Package file from the official Brother web page.
- Once you have the installer file on your computer, double-click it to begin the installation.
- When a dialog box appears on the screen, select Yes.
- Carry out the instructions displayed on the screen. Once the Connection window opens, select the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option and click Next to continue with the rest of the instructions to finish the wireless setup.
- Use this procedure to configure the Brother HL L3290CDW setup.
Brother HL L3290CDW Airprint
Adding the Brother printer (Mac)
- Click the Apple logo, choose the System Preferences option, and select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Click the Add icon, select the Brother HL L3290CDW printer, and choose the AirPrint option from the Use menu.
- Click the Add button.
Printing using AirPrint (Mac)
- Make sure the Brother printer has been turned on.
- Launch the Safari web browser on your computer and visit the web page that you want to print.
- Click File -> Print and check if the Brother HL L3290CDW printer has been selected from the Printer menu.
- Set the number of pages for printing and then click the Print option.
- The printer will now print the web page.
Brother Hl l3290cdw Scanning
- Unfold the output support flap, load an original document with its printed side facing up into the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), and align the paper guides according to the width of the document.
- Alternatively, you can place the document on the scanner glass with its printed facing down.
- After loading the document, press Scan and select the ‘to PC’ option followed by the Image option.
- Press the OK button and choose the destination computer if you have connected the Brother printer over a network.
- Press OK -> Black Start or Color Start to scan the document.
- To change the scan settings, press the Options or Copy/Scan Options button.
- Mention the scan type, resolution, file type, and document size as per your need and press OK.
- The Brother HL L3290CDW printer will scan the document once you press the Black Start or Color Start button.
- Note: If you have placed the document on the scanner glass, proceed with the LCD panel instructions.
- Using these steps to configure the Brother HL L3290CDW setup.
Brother Hl l3290cdw Scan To Email
- Note: The Scan to Email feature does not support webmail services. In this case, you can use the Scan to Image or Scan to File feature.
- Place your document in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the ‘to PC’ option followed by the E-mail option using the navigation button and press the OK button.
- If you have connected the printer over a network, select your destination computer using the up or down arrow button and press OK.
- If prompted, type the four-digit PIN for the computer on the LCD panel and press the OK button.
- If you want to modify the scan settings, press the Options or Copy/Scan Options button.
- Note: To scan the document with the default scan settings, press either Black Start or Color Start.
- Set the scan type, resolution, file type, and document size and press the OK button.
- Once done with the scan settings, press the Black Start or Color Start button.
- The printer scans the document as per the specified scan settings and sends it as an email attachment to the default email application.
Brother Hl l3290cdw Scan To Computer
- Turn on the printer and place a document on the scanner glass with its printed side facing down.
- On your computer, open the ControlCenter4 application.
- Click the Scan tab at the upper-left end of the screen.
- Select Photo, Text and Graph, Monochrome Text, or Custom under the Document Type section.
- If needed, modify the scan size.
- Once you click the Scan button, the printer will scan the document.
- You can even crop the scanned document.
- Click the Save option. This will save the scanned document on your computer.
- By utilizing these steps to configure the Brother HL L3290CDW setup.