- Home »
- Brother HL L5100DN
Brother HL L5100DN Setup
Brother HL L5100DN is a laser printer that performs the print operation using the Electrophotographic Laser printer method. This printer has a 1.8 in TFT Color touchscreen LCD, and supports Automatic 2-sided printing, USB, Wireless LAN, and LAN are the highlighting features of this printer.Follow the Below Steps for Brother HL L5100DN Setup
Check whether the following components are present inside the product box:
- Installation CD-ROM
- Quick setup guide
- AC power cord
- Product safety guide
- Reference guide
- Drum unit & toner cartridge assembly (pre-installed)
If any of the above-mentioned components are not available, then contact your printer dealer or the manufacturer. To configure the Brother HL L5100DN printer for this first time, follow the below instructions.
- Place the Brother HL L5100DN printer on a table.
- Clear all the packing tapes surrounding the printer.
- After clearing them, take the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Load a stack of plain paper in the tray. Make sure to load the paper correctly.
- Insert the tray back into the printer.
- Now, connect your Brother printer to an electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on the printer’s control panel.
- Once the printer turns ON, select a language of your desire.
- After completing the printer’s physical setup, begin the software installation on your computer.
- On your computer, open the printer driver to begin the installation.
- Perform the instructions as displayed on the screen.
- Choose a suitable connection type.
- Complete the printer driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, try a test print to check whether the printer configuration is done correctly.
Brother Hl l5100dn Driver Download
- Locate the Driver Download button provided on this web page and click on it.
- Now, based on your current OS type, the available Brother HL L5100DW printer driver will be downloaded.
Brother Hl l5100dn Manual Download
Downloading manual from this web page
- To download a soft copy of the Brother HL L5100DN printer’s user guide, click the Manual Download button provided on this web page.
- Once the user manual is downloaded, open and utilize it as per your needs.
Brother Hl l5100dn Driver Mac
Downloading the printer driver from the printer’s official support site
- Visit the Brother printer’s official support site.
- Search for your Brother HL L5100DN printer.
- Click the Download tab.
- If required, choose the Mac option from the OS drop-down menu.
- Choose the Brother printer driver file that you wish to install on your computer.
- Click the Download button beside the selected driver file.
- Once the selected Brother printer driver is downloaded, open it and perform the software installation.
Brother Hl l5100dn Wireless Setup
Connecting your Brother printer to a Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup- One Push Method
- Get a router that has the WPS button.
- Place your Brother printer and computer within the range of your wireless router.
- Now, turn on your printer.
- Go to the Settings section on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Network > WLAN > WPS > WLAN Enable? Choose your wireless network’s SSID and press OK.
- Enter your network password in the given field. Press OK.
- Now, your Brother printer will try to connect to the selected wireless network.
- Once it is connected, the Connected message will be displayed on your printer’s LCD screen.
- Now, proceed to install the Brother HL L5100DN printer driver on your computer.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same wireless network that your Brother printer is connected to.
- While installing the printer driver, select the Wireless option as the connection type when prompted.
- Complete the printer driver installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, try a test print to check whether the wireless setup process is done correctly.
Brother Hl l5100dn Toner Replacement
Replacing the toner cartridge
- Get a new replacement toner cartridge from the printer’s official store.
- Turn on your printer if it is turned OFF.
- Now, open the front cover of your printer.
- Gently take the defective or empty toner cartridge out of the printer.
- Unpack the new cartridge from its package.
- Place the new toner cartridge in its slot.
- Make sure to insert the toner correctly.
- After inserting the toner cartridge, close the front cover of the printer.
- Now, perform a test print to check the toner cartridge quality.
Brother Hl l5100dn Troubleshooting
When your Brother printer encounters an error, it is informed to you by means of an error message or code. The section below covers the common errors that occurred on the Brother HL L5100DN printer.
This error message indicates two cases:
- If the back cover of your printer is not closed correctly.
- On your printer, the 2-sided tray is not installed properly.
To clear this error code, close the cover if it is not closed properly. If the 2-sided tray is not installed properly, then install it correctly.
When Secure Function Lock 3.0 denies your request, this error message is displayed on the printer display. To clear this message, contact your administrator.
If your printer’s toner cartridge and drum unit assembly are not installed properly, then there is a chance for this error message to occur. Reinsert the assembly into your printer. While reinserting the toner cartridge assembly, make sure to insert it correctly. If the Cartridge error message is again displayed on your printer’s LCD screen, then contact your dealer or manufacturer.
Cover is open
If your printer’s front cover or fuser cover is opened, then this message will be displayed on the printer display. Close the front or fuser cover of your printer.
If the corona wire of your printer contains any dirty particles or if the toner cartridge assembly is not installed properly, then the Drum! message will be displayed on your printer’s LCD screen. Clean the corona wire by referring to the related user guide. If the cleaning process doesn’t clear this error, then reinstall the toner cartridge & drum unit assembly on your printer.
Drum End Soon
When your printer’s toner life nears the end of its life, the Drum End Soon message will be displayed on the screen. Get a new toner cartridge & drum unit from the printer’s official site first. Replace the empty toner cartridge assembly with a new one.
Refer to the replacing toner cartridge topic discussed above to know the detailed procedure to replace the empty assembly.
If there is no paper in the printer’s tray, the No Paper message is displayed on the screen. Get a stack of clean white paper that is recommended by the printer. Load the paper carefully into the tray.
No Paper Fed
When your printer fails to load the paper correctly in the tray, the No Paper Fed message will be displayed on the screen.
If any foreign particle or paper is jammed inside the printer, you will see the Paper Jam message on the screen. Look for the jammed paper in the tray. If you find any, remove it.
If you’re encountering any other issues other than the above-mentioned ones, contact us.