- Home »
- Brother HL L6200DW
Brother HL L6200DW Setup
Brother HL L6200DW is a monochrome laser printer with a print resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi. To use the printer, you have to set it up properly. First, you have to set up the printer hardware and then install the printer software on a computer to connect to it. The setup process is quite simple and to perform the initial setup, Carry out these below-mentioned steps Brother HL L6200DW setup.
- Check if all the necessary components, such as installation CD-ROM, AC power cord, quick setup guide, product safety guide, and reference guide are present in the box.
- Remove the packing materials from the inside and outside of the printer.
Drum unit and toner cartridge assembly installation
- Lower the front cover, remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly, and take out the orange part from it.
- Now, insert the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the printer.
- Make sure to close the front cover.
- Pull out the paper tray from the printer.
- Move the paper guides towards the edge of the paper tray, place a stack of paper, and align the paper guides.
- Close the paper tray properly.
Connecting the power cord
- Establish a connection between the printer and a wall outlet using the power cord.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Select the General Setup option using the arrow buttons and press OK.
- Select the Local Language option, choose your preferred language, and press the OK button.
- Download and install the Brother HL L6200DW printer software on your computer.
- Establish a connection between the printer and your computer by following the instructions on the installation wizard.
- Follow these steps to configure the Brother HL L6200DW setup.
Brother HL L6200dw Driver Download
- Open the default web browser on your computer and visit the official Brother website.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left panel, choose the computer’s OS from the OS drop-down menu, and click the Full Driver & Software Package link.
- It is the recommended driver package that contains all the features and functions necessary to access the Brother HL L6200DW printer.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download option. Now, the recommended file will be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer by default.
- Alternatively, click the Driver Download button provided below to download the Brother HL L6200DW printer driver.
Brother HL L6200DW Mac Driver
- The Printer Driver for Mac contains the CUPS Driver, BR-Script Driver, PC-FAX Driver, and Brother Status Monitor.
- Access the official Brother website, search for the Brother HL L6200DW printer, and navigate to the Downloads section.
- Choose the macOS X option from the OS drop-down menu, click the Printer Driver link, and select the Agree to the EULA and Download option.
- Alternatively, you can download the Brother HL L6200Dw printer driver for Mac from by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page.
- Use this procedures to configure the Brother HL L6200DW setup.
Brother HL L6200DW Manual
- A hard copy of the printer manual is provided along with the Brother HL L6200DW printer package.
- To get a soft copy of the printer manual, go to the official support page of the printer, click the Manuals tab, choose your language, and then click the Download button beside the desires manual.
- You can also download the Brother HL L6200DW printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this web page.
How To Setup Wifi On Brother HL L6200DW
Perform any one of the following methods to set up your Brother HL L6200DW printer over a wireless network.
Method 1 – Wireless settings
- Turn on the Brother HL L6200DW printer and make sure your wireless router is turned on as well.
- Download and install the Brother printer driver on your computer.
- At the time of installation, choose the Wireless Network Connection option and click Next in the Connection Type window.
- If you have a compatible USB cable, then connect the computer and printer using the USB cable temporarily to establish the wireless connection. Make sure to choose the relevant option in the setup wizard.
- Go to the printer and press the Wi-Fi icon.
- Proceed with the prompts to finish the wireless setup.
Method 3 – Wps Pin
- On the control panel, select Network -> WLAN -> WPS w/PIN Code and press the OK button followed by the up arrow button.
- Note down the eight-digit PIN displayed on the printer.
- Access the setup page of your wireless router on your computer’s browser using its IP address.
- Navigate to the WPS Settings web page, enter the eight-digit PIN, and perform the rest of the on-screen prompts.
- Perform these steps to configure the Brother HL L6200DW setup.
Method 2 – Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Select Network -> WLAN -> WPS and then press the OK button on the printer’s control panel.
- When you see the WLAN Enable message on the display panel, select the On option by pressing the up arrow button.
- The printer will display the ‘Press key on rtr’ message.
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router and then press the up arrow button on the printer’s control panel.
- The printer will search for the wireless network and connect to it.
- Once the wireless connection has been established successfully, the Connected message will be displayed on the display panel.
Brother HL L6200DW Airprint
- The AirPrint feature supports wireless printing from iOS devices, such as iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. You do not want to install the printer driver to use AirPrint.
- Connect the Brother HL L6200DW printer to a wireless network.
- Also, connect the iOS device to the same wireless network.
- Open the image or photo that you need to print.
- Tap the Share icon followed by the Print option.
- The Printer Options screen will appear.
- Tap the Select Printer option and choose the Brother HL L6200DW printer.
- Now, when you tap Print, the image will be printed.
- By using these steps to configure the Brother HL L6200DW setup.
Brother HL L6200DW Fuser Reset
The fuser unit has to be maintained periodically to get an optimum print quality. Replace the fuser unit once the printer has printed 100,000 pages. Maintaining the fuser unit will help to avoid the paper jamming problem.
- Lower the back cover and release the fuser cover by pulling the green levers.
- Replace the fuser unit and close the back cover.
- To know the printer’s page count, carry out the following steps.
- Select the Machine Info option followed by the Page Count option and press the OK button.
- Choose the Total, Color, or Monochrome option and press OK.
- This will show the page count on the printer’s display panel.
Brother HL L6200DW Drum Reset
Here are the quick instructions to reset the drum counter on the Brother HL L6200DW printer.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Open the front cover of the printer by pressing the respective button.
- Hold the OK button for approximately two seconds.
- This will show the Drum Unit on the printer’s display panel.
- Press the OK button and then select the Reset option by pressing the up arrow button.
- This will reset the drum counter.
- Close the printer’s front cover properly.
- Proceed these steps to configure the Brother HL L6200DW setup.
Brother HL L6200DW Troubleshooting
If you find any errors while using the Brother HL L6200DW printer, check the following points.
- A proper connection should be established between the printer and the wall outlet.
- All the protective materials should have been removed.
- The paper must be loaded into the paper tray correctly.
- The interface cables should be connected properly.
Few common problems that occur in the Brother HL L6200DW printer and their troubleshooting solution are mentioned below.
Problem 1 – Cartridge error
- Solution – Reinstall the toner cartridge
Problem 2 – Cover is open
- Solution – Close the front cover properly
Problem 3 – Drum end soon
- Solution – Replace the drum with a new one
Problem 4 – Jam Inside
- Solution – Remove the jammed paper from the printer
Problem 5 – No drum unit
- Solution – Reinstall the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly
Problem 6 – No paper
- Solution – Load enough paper in the paper tray
If needed, get assistance from our technical experts in resolving the Brother HL L6200DW setup problems by clicking the Call button.