- Setup Brother Mfc 295cn Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC 295CN SETUP
Being an All-in-One inkjet printer, Brother MFC-295CN delivers excellent networking and faxing. As this printer supports wired network connectivity, you can connect any wired or wireless device to it. If you have a new Brother MFC-295CN printer, you have to do the Brother MFC 295CN setup at your workplace using the detailed instructions given on this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
If you are new to the Brother MFC-295CN printer setup, go through the steps given below.
- Start by unpacking your printer.
- Check the printer components.
- Take out the printer supplies and keep them away for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Next, pull out the paper tray and lift the output tray cover.
- Slide apart the paper guides and insert a paper stack.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides and refix the tray into the printer.
- It’s time to power up your printer. Using the provided power cord, connect your printer to a wall outlet.
- When you see the ‘No Cartridge’ message on the LCD, open the ink cartridge cover and remove the green protective part from the printer.
- Remove the yellow cap and vacuum seal from the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge back into the printer.
- Repeat the same procedure to install other cartridges.
- Check the print quality and complete the hardware setup by choosing your language, date, and time on the printer control panel.
- Insert the Brother installation disc that came with your printer package into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the drive.
- Click the Install MFL-Pro Suite button from the menu that appears.
- Accept the license agreements and click Next.
- Choose any one of the following options as your connection type.
- Local Connection
- Wired Network Connection
- Based on your connection type, the setup wizard will instruct you to make the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once the connection is made, add and register your printer.
- Finish the driver installation and verify the printer functionality.
BROTHER MFC 295CN DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Is your Brother installation disc missing? If yes, download the driver for your Brother MFC-295CN printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official Brother site. Before you do so, make sure you identify your OS version. It will help you get a driver that is compatible with the OS running on your computer.
BROTHER MFC 295CN DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Before starting, ensure that you have removed the previously installed Brother printer driver from your computer.
- Disconnect the Brother printer from your computer, if any.
- Launch the browser app and navigate to the official Brother site.
- Click Support –> Product Support.
- Type ‘Brother MFC-295CN’ in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- On the next page, check if your OS version is detected. If so, click OK and proceed to select the required driver from the available list.
- Otherwise, choose your Windows OS version below Select Your Operating System (OS).
- After selecting the driver, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- You can access the driver file from the Downloads section of your browser.
BROTHER MFC 295CN DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Click Support –> Product Support.
- In the search field, enter your printer’s model number.
- Click the Search button and select the printer model from the search results.
- Click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your macOS version and click OK.
- Pick up the required driver from the available list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
Now, the driver file will be downloaded on your Mac.
BROTHER MFC 295CN MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Usually, the manual for your Brother MFC-295CN printer is provided during the first-time purchase. If the manual is not available, download it by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the Brother MFC-295CN manual from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- On your computer, launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Go to the product support page and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the Search button and choose the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Manuals.
- Select your language from the drop-down menu, if necessary.
- Choose the required manual from the available list and click the Download button.
- If a new tab opens with the online manual, click the Download icon in the PDF and save the file to a specific folder on your computer.
BROTHER MFC 295CN WIRELESS SETUP
As the Brother MFC-295CN does not support wireless connectivity, you cannot perform the wireless setup. However, you can connect this printer to your local network using the Ethernet cable. For detailed instructions about the wired network setup, continue reading the steps below.
- Get a standard Ethernet cable before you start the network setup.
- Connect your computer to your local wireless network.
- Next, lift the scanner unit and connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN socket inside the printer. Remember to connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your router’s LAN port.
- Close the scanner cover and run the driver installation wizard on your computer using the provided CD-ROM.
- Accept the license agreements and choose the Wired Network Connection option as your connection type.
- Click Next and select the option to change the firewall port settings.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Add and register your printer.
- If prompted, print a test page to verify the Ethernet connection.
You have now completed the wired network setup for your Brother MFC-295CN printer.
BROTHER MFC 295CN TONER REPLACEMENT
When your Brother MFC-295CN printer shows the ‘Replace BK Ink’ message, replace the expended cartridge by following these steps.
- With the printer turned on, press down the release lever to unlock the cartridges.
- Remove the expended cartridge from the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge.
- Remove the vacuum seal and cap from the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot and close the ink cartridge cover.
Now, the printer will reset the ink dot counter automatically.
BROTHER MFC 295CN SCAN SETUP
Brother MFC-295CN has a flatbed scanner and a document feeder to scan all your original documents. The ADF is capable of handling 15 pages and it feeds sheets individually. You can scan your documents using either the Brother ControlCenter3 or the Brother WIA driver. Keep reading the steps below to learn the scan setup of your Brother printer.
BROTHER MFC 295CN SCAN TO COMPUTER
- Ensure that you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Verify if you have installed the Brother printer software on your computer.
- Turn on your printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and computer via a standard USB cable.
Before starting the scan:
- On your Windows computer, open Brother ControlCenter3 from the Start menu.
- Choose your printer’s name from the Model drop-down menu.
- Click the Scan tab from the left-side panel and select Configuration next to the Model number drop-down menu.
- Specify the required scan settings and click the File icon to select a specific folder on your computer.
- Click Scan to scan your original document and save it on your computer.
Scanning to the computer using ControlCenter3:
BROTHER MFC 295CN TROUBLESHOOT
Troubleshooting made easier! We understand how fretful it is when a printer doesn’t respond or does not work as expected. And, we have your back covered! If your Brother MFC-295CN printer is not working, carry out the troubleshooting steps after identifying the actual cause. You can also quickly contact our technical experts for assistance in troubleshooting your printer issues.
BROTHER MFC 295CN PRINTER OFFLINE
If your Brother MFC-295CN printer status is offline on your Windows computer, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- First, check if your printer is turned on.
- Next, check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- To fix the network connection issues, run the Brother Network Connection Repair Utility on your computer.
- On your computer, navigate to Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Locate and select your printer’s icon.
- If there is no green checkmark on your printer icon, give a right-click on it and select the Set as default printer option.
- Once again, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
This should fix the offline printer issue.
BROTHER MFC 295CN WON’T TURN ON
Printer users sometimes have problems while turning on their printers. But in most cases, it occurs when the power cord is not connected properly to your printer. So, check if the power cord is connected firmly at both end ports. If your electrical outlet is faulty, try to connect the power cord to a different electrical outlet.
BROTHER MFC 295CN RESET INK
When your Brother MFC-295CN printer is running low on ink, the LCD will ask you to reset the ink. You have to replace the ink cartridges to make the printer automatically reset the ink dot counter. You can’t print your documents until you clear this error.
BROTHER MFC 295CN PAPER JAM
- If a paper is jammed inside your Brother MFC-295CN printer, restart your printer to check if it is a false error.
- Next, remove the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Pull the jammed paper gently from the printer.
- Press the Stop/Exit button and reset the printer by lifting the scanner cover.
- Check for any paper bits inside the printer. If you find one, remove it without damaging the internal parts of your printer.
- After clearing the jammed paper, restart your printer and retry to print your documents. Call us if you need remote support to perform the Brother MFC 295CN setup