- Home »
- Brother Mfc 490cw Setup
Brother Mfc 490cw Setup Guidelines
Setting up a Brother printer is very simple and easy. The printer Brother MFC 490CW setup supports wireless printing, and so you can quickly connect any wireless device to it. This printer comes with a color LCD panel and an Auto Document Feeder with a 15-sheet paper capacity. If you are setting up this printer for the first time, follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack the printer from the product box and take out the printer supplies first.
- Next, pull out the paper tray entirely from the printer and open the paper tray cover.
- Slide the paper width guides outwards and load a stack of plain paper into the paper input tray.
- After fanning and loading the paper into the paper input tray, adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides, and close the tray cover.
- Insert the paper tray into the printer and pull out the paper support.
- Connect your printer to a wall outlet using the supplied power cord and then turn on the printer.
- If necessary, connect a telephone line cord to the printer’s LINE port to configure the fax settings.
- Choose your desired country and language from the printer’s control panel.
- Press OK to confirm your action and install the ink cartridges into the printer when the LCD prompts.
- Lift/open the ink cartridge cover and remove the protective green part from the ink cartridge holder. Keep it safe because it will be helpful when you transport the printer in the future.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the package and remove the yellow caps.
- Install each cartridge into the ink holder that matches the color.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and press the Color Start button to check the print quality.
- If you wish to add the fax function, choose a receive mode and set the LCD contrast.
- Set the correct date & time on the LCD screen and enter the station ID.
- Add your dialing tone and proceed with installing the printer software on your computer using the supplied CD-ROM.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
Brother Mfc 490cw Driver Download
- You can download the Brother MFC 490CW printer’s driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Brother site.
- Visit the official Brother site on your computer browser and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Press the Enter key and click on the Drivers Download link to navigate to the driver support page.
- Ensure that your printer is selected from the model’s list.
- Click the Downloads tab from the left-side panel and choose your OS version from the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- After selecting your OS version, click OK.
- Next, select the required printer driver from the displayed list.
- Click Download > Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Wait until the printer driver is downloaded.
- After completing the download, launch the downloaded installer file from the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Run the driver installation wizard and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
Brother Mfc 490cw Driver Mac
- On your Mac, verify that you have removed the previously installed Brother printer driver (if any) before downloading a new one.
- Launch the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Navigate to the official Brother site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- From the search result, choose your printer’s model number and press the Enter key.
- Click on the Drivers Download link, and you will be directed to the driver support page.
- Choose your macOS version from the Select Your Operating System (OS) section and click OK.
- Click on the Printer Driver link and select Agree to the EULA and Download.
- Wait until your printer driver is downloaded.
- Next, open the downloaded file from the Downloads folder and create a disk image.
- Run the created disk image to begin the driver installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and establish a connection between your printer and the computer.
- Finish the driver installation with the help of the on-screen instructions and verify the printer functionality.
Brother Mfc 490cw Manual Download
- You can download the Brother MFC 490CW printer’s manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Brother site.
- Once you have visited the official Brother site on your browser, enter your printer’s model number in the search panel and press Enter.
- From the search result, choose your printer and navigate to the manuals download page.
- Click the Manuals tab from the left-side panel and choose the required manual from the displayed list.
- After selecting the required manual, click the Download button.
- The manual will open as a new PDF in a new browser’s tab.
- Finally, click the Download icon at the top to start downloading the manual.
Brother Mfc 490cw Wireless Setup
Using the Wireless Setup Wizard:
- Before starting, verify that you have placed the printer closer to your router.
- Identify your wireless network credentials, such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network you are going to connect the printer.
- Turn on your printer and navigate to the control panel.
- Press the Menu button and select Network.
- Choose WLAN and press OK.
- Select the Setup Wizard option and press OK.
- Wait for your printer to search the available wireless networks.
- Choose your wireless network name (SSID) from the search result and enter the network key.
- If your wireless network name is not detected automatically, select the New SSID option and press OK.
- Enter your SSID and choose the Infrastructure option when prompted.
- Select the authentication method and choose the encryption type.
- After entering the network key/password, press OK.
- Select Yes to apply the configured settings and wait for your printer to connect to the wireless network automatically.
- Once your printer has been connected to your wireless network, a confirmation message will be displayed on the LCD panel.
- On your computer, run the driver installation wizard and agree to the EULA.
- Select the wireless connection option as your connection type and complete the driver installation with the on-screen prompts.
Brother Mfc 490cw Fax Setup
- Before configuring the fax settings on your printer’s control panel, connect a telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port and the other end to a telephone wall socket.
- Turn on your printer and navigate to the control panel.
- If the LCD panel prompts you to verify your country/region, choose your country and press OK.
- Press the Menu button and select Initial Setup.
- Choose the Station ID option (if not set previously) and type your fax number using the dial pad.
- After entering your station ID, press OK and enter your name using the dial pad.
- Press the Menu button again and select the Initial Setup option.
- Choose Tone/Pulse using the navigation keys and select the Pulse (or Tone) option.
- Press OK > Stop/Exit.
- After completing the fax setup, load the original document you wish to fax into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Press the Fax button on the printer’s control panel and enter the fax number using the dial pad.
- Press the Mono Start or Color Start button to start scanning and faxing the document.
Brother Mfc 490cw Factory Reset
- Restoring your Brother MFC 490CW printer to factory defaults can help you fix an issue. Resetting is recommended only when no other troubleshooting method resolves your printer problems.
- Also, you can reset fax, copy, and other settings separately to factory defaults.
- To completely factory reset your printer settings, choose the Factory Reset option using the navigation keys and press OK.
- Press 1 to select Yes and confirm your action.
- Finally, press the Stop/Exit button to complete the resetting process.
- Once your printer has been restored to factory defaults, reconfigure the basic printer settings.
Brother Mfc 490cw Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting a printer is necessary when it is frequently malfunctioning due to an error.
- In general, most of the printer problems are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance.
- If your printer displays an error on the LCD panel, identify the reason and carry out the correct troubleshooting steps.
- For remote assistance, click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team.