- Home »
- Brother Mfc 7420
Simple Guidance For Brother MFC 7420 Setup
Brother MFC 7420 is a laser printer that has all functions. The Brother printer has a 2400 x 600 dpi resolution screen and lets you easily navigate through the options. You can easily connect the printer to your computer using a USB 2.0 cable for a direct USB connection. The printer is supported on both Mac and Windows operating systems. The ways to Brother MFC 7420 setup the printer are given below.
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- Take out the Brother printer from the carton and place it in a place that is away from the direct sunlight.
- Remove all the packing materials like the tapes and protective films from the Brother printer.
- Check the contents included in the package. The package consists of
- Quick Setup Guide
- Installation CD-ROMS for both Windows and Mac
- AC Power cord
- Telephone line cord
- Drum unit assembly
Step 2: Fixing the toner cartridge
- Unpack the drum unit package and open the front cover.
- Shake the toner cartridge evenly to spread the ink.
- Open the cartridge door and dispose of the packing materials inside it.
- Pull out the drum unit and remove the orange shipping packing material.
- Now, insert the drum unit assembly into the Brother printer and close the cartridge door.
Step 3: Loading Paper
- Pull out the paper cassette and move the paper guides to the edges of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface.
- Adjust the paper guides and move them to fit the size of the paper you are loading.
- Load the paper stack into the tray and make sure to load the paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Fix the paper input tray back to the printer.
Step 4: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear side and plug in the other end to an AC outlet. Now, turn on the power switch.
- Turn on the Brother MFC 7420 setup printer by tapping the Power button.
- Go to Settings and set the date, time, and language correctly.
Step 5: Setting up Fax
- If you want to configure Fax on the Brother printer, connect a telephone line cord between your printer’s LINE port and a wall outlet.
- Press the Menu button and tap 0. Now, touch 3.
- Enter the fax number and telephone number.
- Continue with the prompts as displayed on the printer screen to complete setting up the fax.
Step 6: Installing the printer software
- Install the printer software on your computer from the installation disc or download the from the official Brother website.
- Choose a connection method as per your choice and install the printer software by following the on-screen steps.
Brother Mfc 7420 Driver Download
- Go to the official Brother website from your web browser.
- Choose your region and go to the Support page.
- Click Product search and type the printer model number.
- Otherwise, choose your printer model from the Product Category.
- Select the Downloads tab. Choose your OS family and OS version.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is mostly recommended to get all the functions of the printer.
- Select the required printer software and click on the Download button.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to instantly download the driver for your Brother MFC 7420 setup printer.
Brother mfc 7420 driver mac
- You can download the Brother printer software from the official Brother website.
- Open the downloaded file and select Start Here Mac.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Open to begin the installation.
- Accept the license agreement by selecting Next.
- Select the type of connection method when prompted.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to finish installing the driver.
Brother Mfc 7420 Manual Download
- Go to the official Brother website and type the printer model number on the Support page.
- Click the Manuals tab and select the required manual.
- Click on the Download button next to the User’s guide to download it on your device.
- Choose your language to download the manual.
- Click on the Download icon on the PDF page to download the manual.
- You can also click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
Brother Mfc 7420 Wireless Setup
The Brother MFC 7420 printer does not support wireless connection. If you want to get connected to the network, you can use parallel interface connections.
- You can use two Ethernet cables to connect the router, computer, and printer.
- Once you have made the connection, install the printer software.
- Now, you will be able to print from your network.
Brother Mfc 7420 Connect To Computer
- You can connect the Brother MFC 7420 setup to your computer using two ways.
- First, install the printer software from the official Brother website.
- For a direct USB connection, you will be prompted to connect a USB cable.
- For wired network connection, you have to connect the printer, computer, and router using Ethernet cables.
Brother Mfc 7420 Airprint Setup
The Brother MFC 7420 printer does not support AirPrint, and you can’t print from your iOS device.
Brother Mfc 7420 Duplex Printing
- Brother MFC 7420 does not support duplex printing. However, if you want to print on both sides, you have to insert the printed paper again after printing the first page. To print on both sides, see below.
- Make sure to connect the printer and computer and install the printer software.
- Load paper in the tray. Open the document to print and click the Print option.
- When the printer software appears, click the Basic tab.
- Checkmark the Reverse order box.
- Select the Advanced tab and click Other Print Options.
- Choose the Print Order option and select Print Odd Pages. Click on the OK button.
- Once the printing process is complete, load the paper again by placing the printed side facing up.
- Go to the Basic tab and deselect the Reverse order box.
- Now, go to the Advanced section.
- Select Other Print options and select the Print Order tab on the left panel.
- Choose the Print Even pages option. Click OK.
- You have now successfully printed your document double-sided.
Brother Mfc 7420 Troubleshooting
You may face certain issues on the Brother MFC 7420 setup printer even if it is maintained properly. Some of the common issues that occur are paper jams, printer offline, and connection issues. Check the interface cables, whether they are properly connected. Check whether the connected cables are properly connected. For paper jam issues, properly remove the jammed paper using both hands. In case of any issues, just touch on the Call button on this page to contact our technical support team.