- Home »
- Brother Mfc 7460DN Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC 7460DN SETUP
The monochrome printer, Brother MFC 7460DN, is the perfect fit for your home or small office. This basic multi-function printer can print and scan when it’s connected to the PC over a network. The Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup offers a proper balance of speed, print outputs, quality, size, and other functions.
Some Of The Basic Features Are:
Duplexer, Single-sheet manual feed, Ethernet connectivity
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
- The Brother MFC 7460DN printer
- Drum unit and Toner Cartridge (pre-installed)
- Installation CD
- AC Power Cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Fax cord
- User’s Guide
You must follow the two-setup protocol to install your printer.
Since the Brother printer comes with an installation CD, the software setup is quite simple.
- Place the CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Wait for the Brother installer to open.
- Follow the commands on the screen and wait for the connection type screen to open.
- You can choose your connection type and complete the software setup.
- Unpack the printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective material surrounding the printer body and the scanner glass.
- Next, open the printer’s front cover and remove the protective packaging present inside.
- Remove the band sticking to the drum and gently remove the protective material present inside.
- Remove the drum unit and the cartridge assembly.
- Shake the toner cartridge a couple of times to redistribute the toner.
- Place the drum unit and the toner assembly back in their place inside the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.
- Close the front door.
- Pull the paper tray from the front of the printer to load paper.
- Adjust the paper guides horizontally and vertically inside the paper tray.
- Have a paper stack ready and even it out to make sure there are no damages with the stack.
- Place the paper stack inside the paper tray, adjust the paper guides accordingly (do not exceed the tray limit).
- Connect the power cord to the Brother printer and to the main power source.
- Turn on the printer.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press 0, 1, 2.
- Next, you need to enter the last two digits of the year and press OK.
- Follow the commands on the screen and complete the initial hardware setup.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The Brother MFC 7460DN driver is for your computer. With the driver downloaded and installed on your computer, you can connect to the printer and perform tasks with just a click away. We have described the steps to download the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup driver for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this very support page, click the Driver Download button for Windows OS.
- Once the click is made, the printer driver for the computer will be downloaded immediately.
- You can also download the MFC printer driver from the official Brother support page.
- Open the support page for the Brother MFC 7460DN printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows option from the Select OS Family section.
- Click the OK button.
- Under the Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) section, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN DRIVER FOR MAC
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Mac OS.
- The very next second, the driver will be downloaded to the Mac computer.
- One more way to download the driver for the printer is from the official Brother support page.
- Open the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup support page.
- Click the Downloads tab on the page.
- Select the Mac option from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version from Select OS Version; click the OK button.
- Click Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended).
- When the page opens, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The driver will be downloaded to your Mac computer.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN MANUAL DOWNLOAD
There are 2 simple and easy methods to download the manual for your printer.
- On this very support page, all you have to do is click the Manual Download button, and the manual is yours the very next second.
- If you wish to download the manual from the official Brother support page, open the support page for the printer.
- Click the Manuals tab on the left side of the page.
- Under the User’s Guide section, click the Download button for Online User’s Guide.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN WIRELESS SETUP
The Brother MFC 7460DN printer does not support wireless printing, and therefore, it cannot be connected to the wireless network.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN USB SETUP
When you are performing the software setup, you can initially connect the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup to the computer using the USB cable.
- When the setup screen opens, follow the on-screen commands.
- On the connection screen, select the USB option.
- When the installer shows a pictorial presentation to connect the computer and the printer, connect the USB cable firmly.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN TONER REPLACEMENT
- Ensure that the Brother MFC 7460DN printer is turned on.
- Open the front cover.
- Use the handle and remove the drum unit and the toner cartridge assembly from the printer.
- Press the tab on the drum unit assembly and release the old toner cartridge. Keep it aside or discard it.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge from the sealed packaging.
- Place the toner cartridge in the drum unit and press it until you hear the click sound.
- Hold the handle and gently place the drum unit assembly back into the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.
- Close the front cover.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN SCAN SETUP
There are different ways to place the document to scan using the Brother MFC 7460DN printer.
- Placing the document on the scanner glass (the printed side of the paper should be facing down)
- Placing the document in the Auto Document Feeder (printed side of the document facing upwards)
BROTHER MFC 7460DN SCAN TO PC
You can scan to PC using the ControlCenter4 (Windows).
- First, load the document that you wish to scan on your Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup (on the scanner glass or in the auto document feeder).
- Open the ControlCenter window from the following selection: Start > All Programs > Brother MFC 7460DN/ControlCenter.
- The ControlCenter4 window will open.
- You can choose Home Mode or Command Mode and then click OK.
- At the top, click the Model drop-down list and select the Brother MFC 7460DN printer.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select Configuration > Button Settings > Scan > File.
- Choose your format from the File Type drop-down list.
- Enter a name for the scan.
- Click Browse and select the destination to save the scanned document.
- Click the OK button.
- Click File to start the scan.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN TROUBLESHOOT
There is no such thing as error-free printers. Like any other device, the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup might face its own set of issues. In this Brother printer article, we have mentioned some of the commonly occurring issues you might face while working with the printer. The steps to troubleshoot them are also mentioned below.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN PRINTER OFFLINE
“The printer going offline” is one of the common problems you might face with any printer. With Brother MFC 7460DN, there are different methods to bring back the printer status to online. Here are the two easiest methods that you can use to fix the offline problem.
Fix 1: DISABLE USE PRINTER OFFLINE
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother printer.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you see a checkmark for the option Use Printer Offline, click to uncheck the selection.
Fix 2: CONFIGURE PRINTER PROPERTIES
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup from the list.
- Do a right-click on the printer and click the Printer Properties option.
- Click the Ports tab and click the Configure Port button at the bottom-right corner.
- Click the checkbox to uncheck SNMP Status Enabled(only if the option is ticked).
- Click the OK button to save all of the changes.
Fix 3: RESTART PRINT SPOOLER
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.mscin the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service, perform a right-click, and select the Restart option.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN NOT PRINTING
- Make sure that the Brother printer is turned on or connected to the power source.
- Check the paper tray and see if there are enough sheets to perform your ongoing print job.
- Make sure that the print setting matches the paper in the paper tray of the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.
- Other possible issues could be printer errors like paper jam or printer is offline.
- In the paper input tray, check the arrangement of the paper.
- Make sure the paper is not too glossy.
- Ensure that the paper guides are holding the papers firmly along the edges. Replace the paper if it appears to be damaged in any way.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN WON’T TURN ON
Ensure that the power cord is connected.
See if the printer is turned on.
If yes, here are some steps to follow.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Keep it that way for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, you’ll have to press and hold the On Off button and plug the power cord back to the printer.
- Do not release the button until your printer is properly turned on.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN RESET DRUM ERROR
Here’s how you reset the drum counter for the Brother MFC 7460DN printer.
- Open the front cover of the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.
- Press the Clear or Back button.
- You will read a message that says REPLACE DRUM? Here, select either Yes or No.
- Press the *, 0, 0 buttons on the keypad of the printer.
- You will see the Accepted message.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
BROTHER MFC 7460DN PAPER JAM
Paper jam issues are quite common. With this printer, there are 4 places where the paper jam might occur.
PAPER JAM IN THE PAPER TRAY
- Pull the paper tray from the Brother printer.
- Look inside and pull the jammed paper completely.
- In the paper tray, remove the remaining paper present.
- Adjust the paper guides.
- Spread the paper stack and remove the damaged paper present inside.
- Ensure that you do not exceed the paper tray limit.
- Push the paper tray back into the printer.
PAPER JAM IN THE BACK OF THE PRINTER
With the printer turned on, make sure the machine cools down for a couple of minutes.
- Open the back cover of the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.
- Press the blue tab on the left and the right side to release the fuser. Doing this will release the fuser.
- Locate the jammed paper, hold it firmly, and take it out.
- Ensure that you do not damage the paper any further.
- Close the fuser cover.
PAPER JAM INSIDE THE PRINTER
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Use the handle and remove the toner cartridge and the drum unit from the inside.
- Gently pull the jammed paper present inside.
- Install the toner cartridge and the drum unit assembly back into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
PAPER JAM IN THE 2-SIDED TRAY
- Pull the paper tray from the printer.
- At the back of the printer, pull the 2-sided tray.
- Locate and pull out the jammed paper from the printer or from the 2-sided tray.
- Once done, close the back cover and push the paper tray back into the Brother Mfc 7460DN Setup.