- Home »
- Brother Mfc 7860dw Printer
Brother Mfc 7860dw Setup
Brother MFC 7860DW is a monochrome laserjet printer that can print, copy, scan, and fax. It comes with an LCD panel and Auto Document Feeder (ADF), and has duplex copy & scan, and mobile printing capabilities.Follow these steps about Brother MFC 7860DW setup.
- Unpack the printer and take out the printer supplies such as installation disc, AC power cord, user guide, telephone line cord, and safety guide from the package.
- The drum unit and toner cartridge assembly come pre-installed.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Pull the toner cartridge assembly entirely out from the printer after removing the protective materials.
- Shake it horizontally for five to six times to distribute the toner inside the assembly.
- After distributing the toner evenly, install the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly and close the front cover.
- Pull the paper cassette entirely out from the printer and load some plain paper with proper paper guide-width adjustments.
- Make sure that you fan the paper before loading them into the cassette.
- Follow these steps we can execute that Brother MFC 7860DW setup.
- Re-fix the paper cassette and connect the printer to the AC electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Connect the telephone line cord to the printer if you wish to use the fax function.
- Configure the basic printer settings such as language, region, date, and time using the printer’s control panel.
- If you have connected the telephone line cord, configure the fax settings and verify the fax function.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the driver installation disc.
- Otherwise, download and install the printer driver from the official Brother site.
- Choose USB connection, Wired network connection, or Wireless network connection as your connection type.
- After installing the printer driver, verify the connection by printing a sample document remotely from the computer to the printer.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Driver Download
- You can download the driver for the Brother MFC 7860DW setup by merely clicking the Driver Download button available on this screen. Alternatively, download it from the official Brother site using the below-mentioned steps.
- On your computer, remove any previously installed printer driver before downloading a new one.
- Ensure that you have a standard Internet connection for your computer.
- Do not connect the Brother printer to the computer before installing the printer driver.
- Open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Choose your printer model number and click the Downloads tab.
- Select your OS family and its version from the drop-down menu.
- If you have difficulties in determining your OS, click the “How to identify your Operating System (OS) link and follow the on-screen prompts.
- After selecting the OS, click the OK button and choose your desired language from the Language pull-down menu.
- Select your desired driver from the displayed list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The printer driver will download as an extension file for Windows and .dmg file for the Mac operating systems.
- After downloading the driver, navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Give a double-click on the installer file to run the driver setup.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Driver Mac
Carry out these steps to install the driver for the Brother MFC 7860DW setup:
- Before installing the printer driver, power on the printer and verify whether you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Log in with the administrator rights on your Mac.
- Ensure that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Insert the driver installation disc that comes along with the printer into the CD/DVD drive of the computer.
- If you do not have the driver installation disc, download the printer driver from the official Brother site.
- Make sure that you download the full feature software to access more printer functionality.
- After downloading the printer driver, run the driver setup file.
- Give a double-click on the Start Here OSX icon and follow the instructions provided on the driver setup screen to complete the installation.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Manual
A manual is a booklet of information regarding the printer function, specification, setup, and troubleshooting. The Brother MFC 7860DW setup manual is available inside the printer package. If you don’t have one, download it by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. Otherwise, download it from the official site using the steps mentioned below.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Type your Brother printer model number in the search panel and press the Enter key.
- Click the Manuals tab and choose your desired language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Under User’s Guide, click the Download button near the Basic User’s Guide file name to download the detailed manual of the Brother printer.
- If you wish to download the setup guide, click the Download button near the Quick Setup Guide file name.
- The manual is available for download as a PDF file.
- To open and download the manual, install the PDF reader on your computer before downloading the manual.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Wireless Setup
- Turn on your printer and check the hardware connection.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router and the computer for the wireless setup.
- On your Brother printer, press the Menu button and select the Network option by pressing the number 6 key.
- Hit the number 2 key twice to select the Setup Wizard option.
- Wait until the printer detects the WI-FI network’s SSID and displays it on the screen.
- Use the navigation keys to select the SSID and hit the OK button.
- Enter the Network Key of the Wi-Fi router using the Numpad on the printer’s control panel.
- You can identify the SSID and Network Key of the Wi-Fi network form the label located at the backside of the Wi-Fi router box.
- After establishing the wireless connection between the Brother printer and the Wi-Fi router, install the printer driver on your computer.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network and run the driver setup.
- Agree to the EULA and proceed with the driver installation process.
- Choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Follow the reset of the instructions displayed on the Setup Wizard screen to complete the driver setup.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Scan Double Sided
The Brother MFC 7860DW setup can print a double-sided copy of your original document, but it cannot perform a double-sided scan. If you wish to scan a double-sided document, you have to scan the page individually and combine them into a single PDF using a compatible scan software.
Carry out these steps to scan a double-sided document using the ControlCenter4 utility:
- Turn on the Brother printer and place the original on the scanner glass.
- Connect the printer and the computer to the same wireless network and ensure that you have installed the printer driver on your computer.
- Install the ControlCenter4 utility to scan remotely from the computer to the printer.
- Launch the application and choose your desired mode.
- Click the Scan icon and choose the Custom radio button followed by the Scan Size drop-down menu.
- Click the Custom Settings button and select the “Manual multi-page scan” checkbox.
- Click the OK button followed by “Scan” to start scanning the original document.
- After completing the first-side scan, turn the original document and use the same procedure to start scanning the other side of the document.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Scan To Pc Setup
Carry out these steps to configure the Scan to PC settings for the Brother MFC 7860DW setup:
- Turn on your printer and load the original document you wish to scan into the ADF.
- If you are scanning a single-sided document, place it on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that you have connected the printer and the computer using a standard USB cable or wireless network.
- On your computer, install the ControCenter4 utility from the official Brother site.
- Click the Start menu and type “Brother” in the search panel.
- From the search result, click the ControlCenter4 utility.
- In the ControlCenter4 Mode window, choose either Home Mode or Advanced Mode based on your wish and click the OK button.
- Select your Brother printer from the Model pull-down menu.
- By default, the scanned document is set to save as a JPEG file.
- By using these steps we can execute that Brother MFC 7860DW setup.
- If you wish to change the scan settings, click the Configuration button and select Button Settings.
- From the extended menu, select the Scan option followed by the File button.
- In the File window, set up the File Type, Resolution, File Name, Scan Type, Document Size, and other settings.
- Click OK to save the applied changes.
- To scan a document and send the scanned data to the computer, press the Scan button on your Brother printer’s control panel.
- Choose the Scan to PC option using the navigation keys.
- Next, select the File option and hit the OK button.
- Choose the scan mode as well as the destination to save the scanned data.
- Now, press the Start button to begin the scanning process.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Paper Not Feeding
Carry out these quick steps to resolve the paper feeding issues on your Brother MFC 7860DW setup:
- First, check if you have loaded the paper correctly into the paper input tray.
- If the paper tray is empty, load the legal-size paper with proper guide-width adjustments.
- After loading the paper, press the Black Start button.
- Check for the jammed paper inside the printer and remove them to resolve the printer error.
- Check if the LCD panel displays the printer error.
- If it displays an error code or message, carry out the necessary troubleshooting steps to resolve the error.
- If the problem persists, click the Call button available on this screen to contact our technical support team.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Scanning Problems
- Check whether the printer is turned on and ensure the connection interface between the printer and the computer is proper and secure.
- Verify the printer status by printing a status report.
- Check whether you have installed the scanner driver on your computer.
- If you have an obsolete printer driver, update it first.
- Configure the correct IP address of the Brother printer on the scanner driver.
- If the security application or the firewall settings on your computer blocks you from scanning, disable it temporarily.
- Make sure that you have installed the compatible ControlCenter4 utility on your computer.
- If the problem remains unresolved, click the Call button available on this screen to contact our technical experts.
- Using these steps we can execute that Brother MFC 7860DW setup.
Brother Mfc 7860dw Not Printing
If your Brother MFC 7860DW printer fails to print, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Check whether your printer is turned on and verify the hardware connection.
- If you have connected the printer to a wireless network, print a configuration status to verify the connection status.
- On your Windows desktop, click the Start menu and navigate to the Windows Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab and give a right-click on your Brother printer icon.
- Select the See what’s printing option followed by the Printer tab.
- In the Properties window, uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” checkbox if it was selected previously.
- Remove all the print jobs in the queue and try to print a sample document remotely from the computer to the printer.
- If the issue persists, reset your printer, reconfigure all the printer settings, and establish the required connections. This should solve the issue.
- By Utilizing these steps we can execute that Brother MFC 7860DW setup.