- Home »
- Brother Mfc 8890dw
BROTHER MFC 8890DW SETUP
The Brother MFC 8890DW printer is suitable for your business. It can print in duplex and scan your documents easily. It can fax wirelessly and supports the Ethernet, wireless, and USB connections. It has a 300 sheet capacity tray. To set up the printer, see the instructions given below to configure your Brother Mfc 8890dw setup.
Step 1: Unboxing the printer
- Take out the printer from the carton and place it in on a flat surface.
- Remove the packing materials from the printer that includes the tapes, protective films, and plastic covers.
- Now, open the top cover of the printer and remove the film on the scanner glass.
- The printer accessories included in the package consist of the following.
- Drum Unit Assembly
- AC Power cord
- User’s Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
- Telephone line cord
Step 2: Fixing the toner cartridge
- Press and hold the front cover release button on the printer to open the front cover.
- Now, unpack the drum unit assembly and gently shake it side to side.
- Insert the drum unit assembly into the printer and make sure that it clicks into place.
- Close the front cover of the printer.
- Pull out the input paper tray at the bottom of the printer.
- Adjust the blue paper guides according to the size of the paper you are going to load.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface.
- Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Raise the paper support flap.
Step 3: Loading paper
Step 4: Release the scanner lock
Now, push the lever in the direction to unlock the scanner.
Step 5: Connecting the power cord
- Now, connect the power cord to the printer’s rear port.
- Plug another end of the power cord into an AC outlet.
- Tap the Power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Select the Initial Setup tab and select Local language.
- Set the correct time and date.
Step 6: Setting up fax
- If you want to print fax, connect the telephone line cord to the printer and plug in another end to a wall outlet.
- Complete setting up fax by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 7: Installing the printer software
- After completing the hardware connections, install the printer software on your computer.
- Select the type of connection when prompted.
- To print from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store app and finish the Epson Mfc 8890dw setup.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Driver Download
If you want to Download the printer driver, go to the official Brother website from a web browser. Choose your region and go to the Support page. Click the Product search tab and type the printer model number. Otherwise, choose your printer model from the Product Category. Click the Downloads tab. Also, choose your OS family and version. The Full Driver & Software Package is recommended to get all the functions of the printer. Choose the required software and click on the Download button.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Driver Mac
- Enter the official Brother website’s URL in the address bar of your web browser.
- Navigate to the Support page and select your printer from Product Category.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your operating system as Mac. Select your OS version from the displayed list.
- Download the required driver by clicking the Download button next to the driver.
- Double-click on the installer file and select Start Here Mac.
- When prompted to choose the type of connection, select the preferred connection mode.
- After installing the driver and connecting the printer, you will be able to print from your Mac computer after the Epson Mfc 8890dw driver setup.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Wireless Setup
Follow the guidelines given here to connect your printer wirelessly to your computer.
- Make sure to configure your router prior to the setup.
- For better connection, place your printer close to the wireless router.
Connecting the printer to the wireless network:
- Press the Menu button on the printer and select WLAN.
- Go to the Setup Wizard option by scrolling through the options.
- When prompted to Enable LAN, select Yes.
- The printer will start searching for the available networks.
- Select your network from the displayed list.
- Enter the password of the network and touch OK.
- When prompted for confirmation, tap Yes to apply the settings.
- You will get the successful notification on the printer display once finish the Epson Mfc 8890dw wireless setup.
Connecting your computer and printer:
- Install the printer software on your computer.
- You can either install it from the installation CD or download it from the official Brother website.
- After downloading the driver, double-click on the installer file to run the installation wizard.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- Agree with the license agreement of Brother by accepting the terms and conditions.
- When the window to choose the connection type appears, select Wireless Connection and click Next.
- Select your printer from the list and click Next.
- Complete the software installation process by following the instructions on the screen.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Wired Setup
- Plug an Ethernet cable to the router’s LAN port and connect the other end to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and install the printer software.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Select the Wired Network Connection and click on the Next button.
- To enable the network connection, select Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation and click on the Next button.
- Finally, click Finish to complete the Epson Mfc 8890dw setup.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Manual Download
- Open the official Brother website.
- Navigate to the Support page after choosing your region.
- Type the Brother printer model number in the Search section and tap the Enter key.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, click the Manuals tab.
- Choose the required manual and download it to your computer.
- You can click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Scan To PC Setup
- Make sure to connect the computer and printer.
- Install the scanning software on the computer.
- Open the scanner cover and load the document on the scanner glass.
- If you want to scan multiple pages, load the document in the ADF feeder.
- Now, open the scanning software to begin scanning.
- Click on the Scan button and set the scanning preferences.
- Save the scanned document to a preferred location on your computer to finish the Epson Mfc 8890dw setup.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Drum Replacement
- Open the front door. Now, remove the drum unit assembly.
- Press and hold the blue lock lever to take out the drum unit.
- Unpack the new drum unit and insert it into the toner cartridge.
- Now, insert the drum unit assembly back into the printer and restart the printer.
Brother Mfc 8890dw Toner Replacement
- If the printer has run out of ink, you can replace the toner.
- Press the Release button of the printer and open the front door.
- Remove the drum unit with the toner cartridge assembly carefully.
- Now, press the blue lock lever and remove the toner from the drum unit.
- Unpack a new toner cartridge after gently shaking it.
- Take out the packing material on the toner cartridge and insert it into the drum unit. Make sure that the toner cartridge locks into place firmly.
- Now, insert the drum unit with the toner cartridge back into the printer.
Brother Printer Mfc 8890dw Troubleshooting
The Brother printer may undergo certain issues when used for a prolonged period. Check the printer screen for any errors. If you see any errors, continue with the on-screen instructions to fix the error. Some of the common errors that occur on the printer and their Brother Mfc 8890dw troubleshootings steps are given on this page.