- Home »
- Brother Mfc 9970cdw Setup
Brother Mfc 9970cdw Setup
Brother MFC 9970cdw setup is very simple and easy than you expect.Brother MFC 9970cdw is an All-in-One wireless printer that supports automatic duplex printing. You can also scan, copy, and fax your documents using this printer. For the detailed instruction about the Brother MFC 9970cdw setup, follow the quick steps given below.
- Unpack the printer and check the supplied components.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Open the printer’s front cover and pull out the green handle of the drum unit.
- Unpack the drum unit and remove the orange packing materials from the toner cartridges.
- Fix the drum unit into the printer and close the front cover.
- Next, pull out the paper tray entirely from the printer and load some legal plain paper into the tray after fanning them.
- Adjust the loaded paper with paper width guides and make sure not to exceed the maximum paper mark.
- Insert the paper tray back into the printer and connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- If necessary, connect a telephone line cord to the printer’s LINE port for the fax setup.
- Remove the label covering the printer’s power switch and turn on the printer.
- Choose your desired language from the printer’s control panel and complete the initial setup.
- To use the fax function, tap the Menu icon and select the Initial Setup option.
- Tap Receive Mode and choose your receive mode for fax.
- Configure the correct date & time settings and set your station ID.
- Next, insert the supplied CD-ROM into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and run the driver installation wizard.
- If your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the printer driver from the official Brother site.
- Once you have completed the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
Brother Mfc 9970cdw Driver Download
- You can download the Brother 9970cdw printer driver by clicking the Driver Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it directly from the official Brother site.
- Open the default browser after ensuring that you have a standard Internet connection.
- Visit the official Brother site and enter your printer’s model number in the search panel.
- Navigate to the Drivers and Downloads page of your printer and choose your OS version under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section.
- Click OK and choose your desired language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Select the required printer driver from the displayed list and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Now, your printer driver will be downloaded.
- Open the Downloads folder on your computer and extract the downloaded file.
- Make a double-click on the installer to run the driver installation wizard and complete the driver installation with the on-screen instructions.
Brother Mfc 9970cdw Mac Driver
- On your Mac, close all the running programs and open the default browser.
- Navigate to the official Brother site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the Search button and go to the driver download page.
- Choose your macOS version under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section and click OK.
- Click on the Printer Driver link and select Agree to the EULA and Download to download the printer driver on your Mac.
- Open the downloaded file and create a disk image.
- Using the disk image, run the driver installation wizard and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
Brother Mfc-9970cdw Manual Download
- You can download the Brother printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button available on this page. However, you can also download it from the official Brother site.
- You have to enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search on the official Brother site.
- On the support page of the printer, click the Manuals tab from the left-side panel and choose the required printer manual from the displayed list.
- After selecting your manual, click the Download button to start downloading it.
- You can check if it has been appropriately downloaded from the Downloads folder on your computer.
Brother Mfc-9970cdw Wireless Setup
Using the Wireless Setup Wizard:
- Before starting, identify the wireless settings such as network name and network key.
- You have to place your printer closer to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Make sure that your router and printer are turned on and ready for the wireless setup.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Network WLAN Setup Wizard.
- Doing so will enable WLAN on your printer.
- Once your printer detects the nearby wireless networks, choose your wireless network name (SSID) from the displayed list.
- If you are prompted to use WPS, select No.
- Enter the network key using the on-screen touchpad and tap OK.
- Next, tap Yes to apply the settings and wait for the network status report to be printed.
- Once you have connected your Brother printer to your wireless network, install the printer software on your computer.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- In the driver installation window, agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option as your connection type.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts and check if you could print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother Mfc-9970cdw Airprint
AirPrint is a unique printing feature developed by Apple for iOS devices. Unfortunately, the Brother MFC-9970cdw printer doesn’t support the AirPrint feature to print remotely from your iOS device to the printer.
Brother Mfc-9970cdw Drum Reset
- Make sure that your Brother MFC-9970cdw printer is turned on.
- Verify that you have properly replaced your drum unit before resetting the drum counter.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and tap the Menu button.
- Select the Machine Info option using the navigation keys and tap the Reset Menu button.
- Tap the Drum button and select Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drum counter reset.
- Finally, tap the Stop/Exit button.
- You have now reset the drum counter on your Brother printer.
Brother Mfc-9970cdw Troubleshooting
- Is your Brother MFC-9970cdw printer malfunctioning frequently? Several factors might be causing the issues on your printer.
- In such cases, you have to troubleshoot the printer by identifying the cause first and then choosing the correct solution.
- Some common printer problems are due to incomplete printer installation and improper maintenance.
- For remote assistance, click the Call button available on this page to contact our technical support team.