- Home »
- Brother MFC J1215W Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J1215W SETUP
The Brother Mfc J1215W Setup is a high-performance multifunction device comes with a copier, scanner, fax and is capable of printing good quality professional texts. The well-designed printer control panel helps users perform the copy, scan, and fax functions efficiently.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
The Brother MFC J1215W printer comes with a unique and sleek design. The revolutionary printer is very compact and re-engineered with a high-capacity ink cartridge that will provide up to 1 year of ink. The multi-function printer also supports mobile printing. The friendly interface allows the user to use the printer without any hassle.
- The Brother MFC J1215W printer
- Ink cartridges
- Documentation sheets
- Installation CD and Power cord
- Unpack the Brother printer from the carton.
- Ensure that you place the printer on a flat surface, preferably closer to the wireless router and the computer.
- Pull out the paper tray from Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Open the tray cover and keep it aside.
- Move the paper guides; place a paper stack into the paper tray.
- You need to adjust the paper guides according to the edges of the loaded paper.
- Place the tray cover on top.
- You can now push the paper tray back into the printer.
- Unpack the power cord from the carton. Connect it to the power source and to the back of the printer.
- Once done, open the cartridge cover on the right side.
- Unpack the cartridges from the covers.
- Place the cartridges into the respective slots & lock them firmly.
- Place the CD into the CD/DVD drive of Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Wait for the Brother installer to open.
- Follow the commands on the screen and wait for the connection type screen to open.
- You can choose your connection type and complete the software setup.
BROTHER MFC J1215W DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The Brother MFC J1215W driver is for your computer. With the driver downloaded and installed on your computer, you can connect to the printer and perform tasks with just a click away. We have described the steps to download the printer driver for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
BROTHER MFC J1215W DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- On this very support page, click the Driver Download button for Windows OS.
- Once the click is made, the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup driver for the computer will be downloaded immediately.
- You can also download the MFC printer driver from the official Brother support page.
- Open the support page for the Brother MFC J1215W printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select the Windows option from the Select OS Family section.
- Choose the desired version. Click the OK button.
- Under the Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) section, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
BROTHER MFC J1215W DRIVER FOR MAC
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Mac OS.
- The very next second, the driver will be downloaded to the Mac computer.
- One more way to download the driver for the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup is from the official Brother support page.
- Open the Brother MFC J1215W printer support page.
- Click the Downloads tab on the page.
- Select the Mac option from the Select OS Family section.
- Select the version from Select OS Version; click the OK button.
- Click Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) .
- When the page opens, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
BROTHER MFC J1215W MANUAL DOWNLOAD
There are two simple ways to download the manual for your printer.
- On this page, all you have to do is to click the Manual Download button, and the manual is yours the very next second.
- If you wish to download the manual from the official Brother support page, open the support page for the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Click the Manuals tab on the left side of the page.
- Under the User’s Guide section, click the Download button for Online User’s Guide.
BROTHER MFC J1215W WIRELESS SETUP
When it comes to the wireless setup for the Brother MFC J1215W printer, you can easily follow the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method. Here are the simple steps to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- On the control panel of the printer, you have to press the Wi-Fi button three times.
- The Wi-Fi LED on the printer will start blinking.
- Within the next minute, press the WPS button on the router.
- After some time, the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup will be connected to the wireless network.
WPS METHOD ( PIN METHOD ):
In the same way, here is an alternate way to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer control panel five times.
- The Wi-Fi LED will start blinking.
- The printer will also print an 8-digit PIN.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Open the router configuration page.
- Navigate to the WPS settings on the page.
- Enter the 8-digit pin as printed and follow the commands on the screen.
- The printer will be connected to the wireless network.
BROTHER MFC J1215W AIRPRINT
AirPrint is a wireless printing feature (easier for mobile printing). AirPrint printing is compatible with only iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Make sure that your iOS device is connected to the same network as the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Select a document you want to print on your iOS device.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select the Print option from the list.
- Choose the Brother MFC J1215W printer from the printer(s) list.
- Tap the + icon if you wish to have more copies of the document.
- Finally, tap the Print button in the top-right corner of the iOS device.
BROTHER MFC J1215W INK CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT
If you feel that your printer has run out of ink or is facing some print quality issues, the best way to solve the problem is by replacing the ink cartridges on the printer.
- With your printer turned on, open the cartridge cover from the right side of the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Press the lock to release the ink cartridge from the respective color slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from the cover.
- Gently insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Once placed properly, press the lock to hold the cartridge intact.
- Repeat the set of steps for the other ink cartridges (if necessary).
BROTHER MFC J1215W SCAN SETUP
- To scan, you must know how to place the document on the printer.
- The Brother MFC J1215W printer comes with a scanner glass.
- Open the document cover of the printer.
- Place the document you want to scan with the print side facing down.
- Adjust the document according to the edges on the glass; close the document cover.
- The document is ready to scan on Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
BROTHER MFC J1215W TROUBLESHOOT
Like any other printer, the Brother MFC J1215W printer also goes through some issues now and then. Over a period of use, you might face issues depending on the hardware condition of the printer. In this article, we’ve mentioned some problems that you might face while using the printer. The solutions are also provided for the same.
BROTHER MFC J1215W PRINTER OFFLINE
There are different methods to bring the printer back online. In this article, we have mentioned a couple of methods to solve the offline printer issue.
METHOD 1: DISABLE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Unselect the checkbox option Use Printer Offline.
METHOD 2: RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
BROTHER MFC J1215W WON’T PRINT
- Make sure that the Brother MFC J1215W printer is turned on and connected to the power source.
- Check for paper jams.
- If the Brother printer is connected using a USB cable, see if the cable is properly attached between the Brother Mfc J1215W Setup and the computer.
- See the paper tray of the printer; check if the paper stack is properly placed without any curls or damages.
CHECK THE INK CARTRIDGE PLACEMENT
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Check if the cartridges are placed properly.
- If the lock is not proper, remove the ink cartridge.
- Place the cartridge back into the slot and then lock it properly.
BROTHER MFC J1215W PAPER JAM
When it comes to paper jams, the printer will stop printing, and it will lead to other problems. Here are the steps to solve the paper jam on the Brother MFC J1215W printer.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the power cord connected to the power source.
- From the bottom of the printer, pull out the paper tray completely.
- Look inside the printer and remove the paper slowly from the inside.
- Ensure that the paper does not get torn or damaged in the process in Brother Mfc J1215W Setup.