- BROTHER MFC J2330DW PRINTER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J2330DW SETUP
Brother Mfc J2330dw is an all-in-one wireless printer. Using this printer, you can print, scan, copy, and fax colorful documents, photos over a wireless or wired network. The printer is quite easy to set up and use and comes with some great features like borderless printing, color/monochrome scan, JPEG print, ADF, and more. To know Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup, then scroll down this page to know how to perform it in detail.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Step-by-step instructions to set up the Brother MFC-J2330DW printer for the first time
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
Note: If you haven’t unpacked your printer, then follow the below instructions to perform it. Skip this step if you have already unpacked your printer.
- Open your Brother printer box.
- Check whether the following components are included inside the box: ink cartridges (black, cyan, yellow, and magenta), quick setup guide, product safety guide, Brother installation disc, telephone line cord, power cord, the Brother MFC-J2330DW printer, and maintenance sheet.
- Now, take the printer out of the box and place it on a table.
- Unpack your printer completely by removing the packing materials present in the important parts of the printer.
Step 2: Loading paper
- Get a stack of plain, inkjet, glossy, or recycled paper type of your desire.
- Take the paper tray out of your Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup.
- Remove the tray cover.
- Now, align the width guides of the tray based on the paper type that you’re loading.
- Load the paper, adjust the width guides properly, and place the tray back into the printer.
Step 3: Turning on the printer
- Get the power cord and, using it, connect your printer to an electrical outlet.
- As soon as the printer is connected to the electrical outlet, it will turn on automatically.
- Once the printer is turned on, raise its control panel slowly.
- Configure the initial settings such as language, date/time, etc., as per your desire.
- Make sure that your printer’s basic settings are configured and saved correctly.
Step 4: Installing the ink cartridges
- Gently, open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Get the starter ink cartridges and unpack them.
- Now, install all the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Before installing the black cartridge, shake it horizontally 15 times.
- After installing all the cartridges, close the cartridge cover.
Step 5: Configuring fax settings
Note: If you wish to use the Fax function on your Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup, then configure its settings by following the below instructions. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Raise your printer’s scanner cover.
- Get the telephone line cord provided along with your printer.
- Plug an end of the telephone line cord into the printer’s LINE slot and the other end into the telephone wall outlet.
- Lower the scanner cover.
- Configure the fax settings by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 6: Install the printer on a computer or smartphone
1. For computers:
- Connect your Brother printer and your computer to the same network.
- Open the printer driver file on your computer.
- When prompted, choose your connection type, printer, and other important settings as per your desire.
2. For smartphones:
- Install the Brother iPrint & Scan app on your phone.
- Open the app and configure the printer on your phone by following the on-screen instructions.
Finally, print, scan, or copy a test page to check whether the Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Getting the printer driver is an easier task. Download the Brother MFC-J2330DW printer driver for Windows or Mac by clicking the Driver Download button provided on this page.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
The Full driver & software package is the recommended Brother printer driver for Windows. To download this driver package, click on the Driver Download or Driver Download for Windows button provided on this page.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW DRIVER FOR MAC
The Brother iPrint & Scan application is the recommended Brother MFC-J2330DW printer driver for Mac. This application can be installed on your Mac computer from the Apple App Store.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Click on the Manual Download button provided on this page to download the soft copy of the Brother MFC-J2330DW printer’s user guide.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW WIRELESS SETUP
You can perform the Brother MFC-J2330DW printer’s wireless setup using the WPS method or the Infrastructure method. The following instructions explain the wireless setup through the Infrastructure method.
- Initially, gather your wireless network’s credentials, such as SSID and password.
- Next, turn on your Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup, wireless router, and computer.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Now, from your printer’s home screen, tap or press the Settings icon.
- Select All Settings > Network > WLAN > Setup Wizard.
- Press the Yes button when the message Enable WLAN? is displayed on the screen.
- Now, your printer will look for the wireless networks that are available within its range.
- From the list of available networks displayed on the screen, choose yours and press OK > Infrastructure > “authentication method of your desire” > OK.
- Once your Brother printer is connected to the selected network, begin the software installation on the computer that is connected to the same wireless network.
- After installing the printer driver, print a test page to check whether the wireless setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW TONER REPLACEMENT
The Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup doesn’t use toner. This printer has mono and color printheads that can hold four ink cartridges. If the ink level of the cartridges becomes low or empty, then you can replace the cartridges with a new one. You can check the ink level of the cartridges by tapping the ink level icon available on the home screen of the printer. The Replace Ink or Black and white Print only message will also appear on the screen when one or more ink cartridges need to be replaced. To replace the ink cartridges, follow the below instructions.
- Initially, get the replacement ink cartridge.
- Open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Locate and remove the cartridge that you want to replace.
- Now, unpack the new replacement cartridge and insert it into its slot.
- Make sure that the cartridge is installed properly and close the cover. (Note: If you’re installing the black cartridge, shake it, and then install it in its slot.)
BROTHER MFC J2330DW SCAN SETUP
You can perform the scan operation using your printer’s control panel or from your computer (ControlCenter4 or ControlCenter2). To prepare your Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup for the scan operation, follow the below instructions.
- Initially, make sure that the necessary scanner driver is installed on your printer.
- Next, based on the scan operation that you wish to perform, configure the scan settings.
- If you wish to scan to a computer, then make sure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- To perform the scan to e-mail operation, configure the Scan Job e-mail report settings using the printer’s web-based management page. The following instructions explain the same.
- From your computer browser, go to the printer’s web-based management page. Now, click Scan > Scan Job e-mail report > Administrator Address. In the given field, type the address to send the scanned document. Now, enable the Scan Job e-mail report option and click Submit.
- Similarly, configure the scan settings as per your desire. To know more about the scan setup, contact us.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW SCAN TO E-MAIL
- On your printer’s scanner glass, load the original that you want to scan and send it to an e-mail address.
- Tap or press the Scan button on the Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup home screen.
- Select to PC > to E-mail.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to complete the scan to e-mail operation.
- Once the printer scans the placed document, its copy will be sent to the selected e-mail address.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW TROUBLESHOOT
Some common Brother MFC-J2330DW printer issues and the troubleshooting instructions for the same are explained below. Contact us if you need remote assistance in resolving the same or another printer issue.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW PRINTER OFFLINE
Resolving the “printer offline” issue
- As the first step of troubleshooting, check whether your Brother MFC-J2330DW printer is turned on.
- If not, turn it on, and make sure that the printer is ready to perform the print operation.
- Check if any error message or code is displayed on the printer LCD. If yes, identify the cause of the error and resolve it by performing the recommended troubleshooting methods.
- Make sure that the Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup driver is installed correctly on the computer.
- Check if the Use Printer Offline option is enabled on your printer. If yes, disable it.
- Restart the printer.
- If necessary, reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
- In case the printer offline issue remains unresolved, then reset the printer settings to default. To do so, select the Settings option from the printer’s home screen.
- Select All Settings > Initial Setup > Reset > All and press OK.
- After restoring the printer settings, reconfigure them, and print a test page.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW RESET DRUM ERROR
The Brother MFC-J2330DW printer doesn’t use a drum.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW WON’T PRINT
- Check if your Brother printer model is selected correctly in the Print dialog box. If yes, select it, and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that the correct printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Check if the paper tray of your Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup has enough paper to perform the print operation.
- If not, load enough paper in the tray and then perform the print operation.
- Make sure that you have loaded only the recommended paper type in the tray.
- Check whether any error message is displayed on your printer LCD. If yes, clear it.
- Set your printer as the default printer on the computer if you haven’t done it yet.
BROTHER MFC J2330DW PAPER JAM
Usually, paper can easily get jammed in any part of the Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup. But, in most cases, the paper jam occurs in the front and back of the printer. Now, if the paper is jammed in the front of the printer, then follow the below instructions to remove it.
Removing jammed paper in the front of the printer
- Initially, turn off your Brother printer.
- Remove the paper tray from its slot.
- Look for the jammed paper and if you find any, remove it. After removing the jammed paper, place the tray back into the printer.
- Next, raise the scanner unit of your printer. Remove the jammed paper if you find any.
- Similarly, search and remove the jammed paper in the front of the Brother Mfc J2330dw Setup.