- Brother MFC J4535DW Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J4535DW SETUP
Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup is an All-in-One wireless printer that is ideal for home use. It offers a print resolution of up to 1200 x 4800 dpi. The features offered by this printer are listed below:
- Borderless printing
- Automatic 2-sided printing
- Interfaces: USB, LAN, Wireless, and NFC
- Color/black scan, copy, and print
- 2.7 in TFT Color Touchscreen LCD
If you haven’t set up your Brother Mfc J4535dw printer, then scroll down this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Setting up the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer for the first time
Step 1: Unpacking The Printer
- Initially, unbox the product box.
- Next, remove the printer from the plastic cover and place it on a clean surface.
- Take off all the packing tapes and materials present in the important parts of the printer.
- After unpacking your printer completely, place it close to an electrical outlet.
- Get the printer components such as starter ink cartridges, power cord, setup sheet, etc., and keep them aside.
Step 2: Loading Paper
- Get a stack of plain, recycled inkjet or glossy paper that you wish to use for printing.
- Now, take the paper (input) tray out of the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup.
- Align the guides correctly and load paper in the tray.
- Check to make sure that you have not overloaded the paper in the tray.
- Now, adjust the guides correctly and place the tray back into the printer. Open the paper support of your printer.
Step 3: Turning On The Printer
Connect your Brother printer to an active power outlet using its power cord.
Now, turn on the printer and adjust its control panel.
If prompted, configure the initial settings by following the prompts displayed on the printer’s LCD.
Step 4: Installing The Ink Cartridges
- Open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Get the black ink cartridge and shake it horizontally 15 times.
- Now, unpack and install the black cartridge into its slot in Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup.
- Get the other ink cartridges and unpack them.
- After unpacking the remaining cartridges, install them into their slots. (Note: Shake only the black cartridge before unpacking it. Don’t shake the other ink cartridges.)
Step 5: Adjusting The Print Alignment And Configuring Fax Settings
- Perform the prompts displayed on the printer LCD to print the alignment page.
- Once the printer print’s the alignment page, place it on the scanner glass.
- Scan the alignment page by following the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the alignment process, you will be prompted to configure the fax settings.
- Configure the fax settings on your printer as per your needs.
Step 6: Installing The Printer On Your Computer Or Smartphone
- Download the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup software and run it on your computer or smartphone.
- When prompted, connect the printer to your computer or smartphone.
- Install the printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- After installing the printer driver successfully, print a test page.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
To download the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer driver for Windows or Mac from this page, perform the simple instructions given below.
- On this page, locate the Driver Download, Driver Download for Windows, or Driver Download for Mac button and click on it.
- Now, your current OS type will be auto-detected, and the printer driver available for the same will start to download.
- Once the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup driver is downloaded, open it and begin the software installation on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
The full driver & software package is the recommended Brother Mfc J4535dw printer driver for Windows. This software package contains all the necessary printer drivers that are needed to perform the printer-related operations from your computer. Follow the below instructions to download the driver package from the printer’s official support page.
- Go to the Brother printer’s official support page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Choose your OS family and OS version.
- Now, from the list of drivers, click on the Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) option or select the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup driver that you wish to install from the list.
- Click on the button named Agree to EULA and Download to download the selected driver on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW DRIVER FOR MAC
The Brother Mfc J4535dw printer drivers and utilities available for Mac are listed below:
- Full printer driver and software package
- Brother iPrint&Scan application
- iPrint&Scan Push Scan Tool
- Firmware Update Tool
You can download these drivers or utilities from this or the printer’s official support page by referring to the instructions given above.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Locate the Manual Download button provided on this page to download the soft copy of your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup user guide.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW WIRELESS SETUP
Wi-Fi setup using the Setup Wizard from your computer
- Initially, check whether you have the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer’s setup file. If not, download it.
- Next, turn on your printer, access point, or the router and your computer.
- Connect your PC to the network that you wish to connect the printer.
- Now, run the setup file on your computer.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to reach the Select Your Connection screen.
- On the opened screen, choose the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option.
- Click Next. Install the printer driver to complete the wireless setup process.
- Once your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup is connected to the wireless network, print a test page from your computer to the printer over a Wi-Fi network.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW TONER REPLACEMENT
The Brother Mfc J4535dw printer doesn’t use toner; instead, it uses ink cartridges. Usually, when the ink level of the cartridges becomes low or empty, an error message indicating the same will be displayed on your printer’s LCD. So, when the Ink Low message is displayed on the screen, replace the empty ink cartridge with a new one. You can also replace the cartridges when they are damaged or incompatible with the printer. To replace the empty, damaged, or incompatible ink cartridge from your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup, follow the below instructions.
- Open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Now, locate and remove the empty, damaged, or incompatible cartridges from their slot.
- Insert the replacement cartridge into its slot.
- Close your printer’s cartridge cover.
Note: If you’re installing the black ink cartridge, then make sure that it is shaken before unpacking.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW SCAN SETUP
Using the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer, you can initiate the scan operation from your computer or the printer’s control panel itself. You can configure the temporary scan settings using the printer’s control panel and the permanent settings using the Brother iPrint&Scan software installed on your computer. The following instructions explain the basic procedure to prepare your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup for the scan operation.
- Initially, make sure that your Brother printer is ready for the scan operation.
- Next, place the original that you want to scan on the scanner glass of your printer.
For Scan To Computer:
Install the necessary scanner driver on your computer. Connect your printer and the computer to the same network.
For scan to file:
Create a folder on your computer to save the scanned document. While configuring the scan settings, select Scan to PC -> Scan to File.
For scan to USB flash drive:
Before initiating the scan operation, connect the USB flash drive into your printer’s USB port.
For Scan To Email:
Connect your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup and the computer to the same network. Configure the scan settings using the Brother iPrint&Scan app or the printer’s web-based management page.
For Scan To FTP:
Create an FTP profile on your printer’s web-based management page. After creating it, initiate the scan operation from your printer’s control panel. Choose the Scan option followed by FTP/SFTP and follow the on-screen instructions.
To know more about how to perform the scan setup on your Brother Mfc J4535dw printer, contact us.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW SCAN TO EMAIL
Initially, configure the scan to email settings on your printer’s web-based management page. Next, begin the scan operation from your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup.
Configuring The Scan Job Email Report Settings
- On your computer browser, type the Brother printer’s IP address.
- Tap Enter.
- Now, if prompted, type the password in the Login window.
- Once you have accessed the printer’s web-based management page successfully, go to the Scan tab and click on the Scan Job email report option.
- Type the email address that you wish to use for the scan to email operation in the field named Administrator Address.
- Configure the scan settings by following the on-screen instructions.
- Click Submit.
Scanning To Email
- Initially, make sure that the document that you want to scan to email is placed correctly on your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup scanner glass.
- Next, press the Scan button to initiate the scan to email operation.
- Choose to PC -> to E-mail.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to configure the scan settings.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once it is done, the copy of the scanned document will be emailed to the configured address.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW TROUBLESHOOT
Scroll down this page to know how to troubleshoot the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer issues such as printer offline, paper jam, etc. To get advanced technical support in resolving your printer issues, contact us by clicking the Call or Call us button provided on this screen.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW PRINTER OFFLINE
If your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup status is displayed as offline or paused, then perform the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Initially, turn on your Brother printer if it is turned on.
- Next, check whether any error messages like Paper Jam, Ink Low, etc., are displayed on your printer’s LCD. If yes, clear it by performing the necessary troubleshooting methods.
- The important thing that you have to ensure when performing the print operation from your computer is that both the devices (printer and computer) should be connected to the same network.
- If you receive the Offline Printer error, then check to make sure that the printer and your computer are connected to the same network.
- If you’re encountering an offline printer error with your Windows computer, then check whether the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup is set as the default printer on it.
- Set your Brother printer as the default printer if you haven’t set it up.
- Similarly, if any print jobs are queued, cancel or wait for them to complete and then perform the current one.
- Restart your printer and the computer.
- Re-add the printer if necessary.
- Similarly, reset the printer settings if necessary. To do so, press Settings on your printer’s control panel and select All Settings -> Initial Setup -> Reset -> All Settings -> OK.
- After restoring the printer settings, configure them from the beginning and perform the print operation.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW WON’T TURN ON
- Initially, check if the power cord of your Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup is connected securely.
- Next, check to make sure that you have connected the power cord to an active power outlet.
- Check whether the power cord is damaged. If yes, replace it.
- Make sure that you’re not using a surge protector for the connectivity.
- After pressing the Power button, wait for the printer to turn on.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW RESET DRUM ERROR
The Brother Mfc J4535dw printer doesn’t use a drum.
BROTHER MFC J4535DW PAPER JAM
Usually, the paper jam can occur in three different parts of the Brother Mfc J4535dw printer. As soon as the Paper Jam message is displayed on your printer’s LCD, disconnect the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup power cord from the outlet and look for the jammed paper in the above-mentioned parts. Once you find the jammed paper, gently remove it out.
Removing the jammed paper from the front of the printer
- Take the paper tray out of your printer.
- Raise your printer’s paper support.
- Now, gently pull out the jammed paper from your printer.
- After removing the jammed paper, lower the paper support and replace the tray into the printer.
- Now, print a test page to check whether the Paper Jam error is resolved. If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the Paper Jam error is fixed. Otherwise, look for the jammed paper in other parts of the Brother Mfc J4535DW Setup.