- Home »
- Brother MFC J491DW
Guidance For Brother MFC J491DW Setup
Brother MFC J491DW is an All-in-One printer that allows you to print and scan from anywhere. It is a smart and convenient multi-functional printer that allows you to print in duplex. This easy to connect wireless printer is perfect for home and office works. It has a 1.8″ color display using which you can access the printer. Also, it has an Auto Document Feeder which allows you to scan multiple-page documents easily. Carry out the steps given below for the Brother MFC J491DW setup printer.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Take out the Brother printer from the carton and remove the packing materials from the outside of the printer that includes the tapes, protective films, and plastic covers.
- The printer accessories included in the printer package consist of the following:
- Ink cartridges
- AC Power cord
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Installation disc
- Telephone line cord
Step 2: Loading Paper
- Pull out the paper tray located at the bottom of the printer.
- Open the output tray cover and slide the paper guides to the ends of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface. Now, load the paper stack in the tray.
- Make sure to load paper only below the maximum paper mark.
- Adjust the paper guides to the edges of the paper but make sure they do not fold the paper.
- Now, place the top cover on the tray and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Extend the output tray out of the printer and raise the paper support flap.
Step 3: Connecting the power cord and making the initial settings
- Fix the power cord to the rear side of the Brother MFC J491DW setup printer on the right port. Plug another end of the power cord into an AC outlet.
- Raise the control panel until locks into an angle.
- Tap the Power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Go to the Settings section and select Initial Settings.
- Select the Initial Setup tab and select Local language.
- Choose your language and set the correct time and date.
Step 4: Installing the ink cartridges
- Lower the ink cartridge door and take out the orange packing restraint.
- Unpack the ink cartridges one by one and dispose of the packing material.
- Gently shake the black ink cartridge 15 times before inserting it.
- Continue with the instruction on the LCD screen to install all the ink cartridges.
- Once you have installed the ink cartridges, check the print quality by printing a test page.
Step 5: Setting up fax
- If you want to print the fax, connect the telephone line cord to the printer and connect the other end to a wall outlet.
- Complete setting up fax by following the on-screen instructions.
Step 6: Installing the printer software
- Once you finish setting up the hardware connections, install the printer software.
- Choose a connection type when prompted.
- If you want to print from your smartphone, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Complete installing the software to print directly from your device.
Brother Mfc j491dw Driver Download
- The easiest way to download the printer driver for your computer is to click the Driver Download button available on this page.
- Alternatively, you can download the required driver from the official Brother website.
- Choose your region and navigate to the Support page.
- Select the Product search tab and type the Brother MFC J491DW setup printer model number.
- Select the Downloads tab. Also, choose your OS family and OS version.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended driver package for the printer.
- You can select the software of your choice and click on the Download button.
Brother Mfc j491dw Mac Driver
- You can download the printer driver for Mac from the official Brother website.
- Make sure to download the software after selecting your OS and version.
- Run the downloaded file and install the driver by following the instructions on the screen.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
- Select Start Here and click Open.
- Accept the license agreement and choose a preferred mode of connection.
- Click Continue to install the software and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have installed the driver, you will be able to access the printer from your Mac computer.
Brother Mfc j491dw Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button on this page to download the user manual for the Brother MFC J491DW printer.
- To download the manual from the official Brother website carry out the below-mentioned steps.
- On the official Brother MFC J491DW setup site, type the printer model number in the search section and tap the Enter key.
- Once you are on the printer’s page, select the Manuals tab.
- Choose the required manual and download it to your computer.
Brother Mfc j491dw Wifi Direct
- Go to the Settings section on your printer.
- Select Network and press the OK button.
- Choose Wi-Fi Direct and tap OK.
- Select the Manual option and touch OK.
- Now, connect your mobile device to the wireless network. You can make use of the SSID and password displayed on the printer to establish the connection.
- Once the connection is made, you could see the Connected message on the printer screen.
- You can now print from your smartphone easily.
Brother Mfc j491dw Wireless Setup
- Ensure to configure your wireless router prior to the setup.
- Select Settings and go to the Network section on your printer.
- Select WLAN and choose WPS. Press the OK button.
- When prompted to enable WLAN, press the right-arrow button.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router when instructed.
- Your Brother printer will now be connected to the wireless network automatically.
- You have to install the printer driver on your computer and choose the connection method as Wireless.
- Once you have installed the printer software, you will be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother Mfc j491dw Airprint
AirPrint allows you to print easily from any Apple device without installing the printer driver. You can easily print webpages, documents, and emails.
- Make sure to connect your Brother MFC J491DW setup printer and your iOS device to the same wireless network.
- Open the document that you want to print.
- Tap the Share icon and select Print.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list and set the required preferences. Touch Print.
- Your document will now be printed using AirPrint.
- If you are connecting a Mac computer, open System Preferences.
- Select Printers & Scanners and click on the “+” icon.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner and choose your printer from the displayed list.
- Choose your printer and select AirPrint in the Use section. Click Add.
- Now, you can print from your Mac using AirPrint.
Brother Mfc j491dw How To Scan
- First, install the printer driver on your computer and connect the printer to the computer.
- Now, place the document you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan option and select To PC.
- Select your computer from the displayed list.
- Tap the Mono Start or Color Start button.
- Now, set the required scan settings and preferences. Press Start.
- Once the scanning process has been completed, save the scanned document to a folder on your computer.
- You can also scan the documents from the software installed on your computer.
Brother Mfc j491dw Scan To Email
- Make sure to connect your Brother MFC J491DW setup printer and computer before starting the scan.
- Place the document you want to scan in the ADF feeder or on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan option and select the To E-mail option.
- Tap the Mono Start or Color Start button depending on your preference.
- Type the recipient email address to whom you want to send the email.
- Proceed with the instructions on the screen to send the email.
- The scanned document will be added as an attachment to an email message.
Brother Mfc j491dw Fax Setup
- Make sure to connect the telephone line cord to the printer and wall jack.
- Load the document to be sent by fax on the scanner glass.
- Press the Fax option and set the Fax resolution.
- Enter the Fax number with the help of the dial pad.
- If you want to add a number from the address book, select Address Book and tap OK.
- Once you have set the required settings, press OK.
- Press the Mono Start or Color Start button to scan the document.
- Carry out the instructions on the screen to fax the document.
Brother Mfc j491dw Not Printing
- If the Brother MFC J491DW setup printer is connected over a network, make sure that your device is also connected to the same network.
- Fix wireless connection issues (if any) to fix the not printing issue.
- Check whether you have set your printer as the default printer on your computer.
- Pull out the input paper tray and verify whether there is any paper stuck inside.
- Remove any jammed paper using both hands.
- Also, check if there is enough ink in the ink cartridges.
- Clear printing queues and restart the printer to fix the issue.