- Home »
- Brother MFC J5330DW
Guidance For Brother MFC J5330DW Setup
Brother MFC J5330DW setup is an All-in-one inkjet printer that is capable of printing in duplex. It is a wireless All-in-one printer capable of holding up to 250 sheets of paper in the tray. The ADF feeder can hold up to 50 sheets. The printer also has a 2.7” touchscreen for the user interface for navigating through the options easily.
Step 1: Unpacking the printer
- Take out the Brother MFC J5330DW printer from the carton.
- Place the printer in a location away from the direct sunlight and keep it in a well-ventilated area.
- Remove all the packing materials like the tapes and plastic films from the printer.
- The printer accessories consist of the following.
- Quick Setup and Product Safety Guide
- Brother Installation Disc
- Telephone Line Cord
- Power Cord
- Maintenance sheet
Step 2: Loading Paper
- Pull out the paper tray and remove the cover.
- Adjust the paper guides by sliding them to the edges of the tray.
- Fan a stack of paper and tap them on a flat surface to align the paper stack.
- Make sure not to exceed the maximum paper mark in the tray.
- Now, replace the cover and insert the tray back to the printer
- Pull out the output tray and support.
Step 3: Configuring the printer
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear side and plug in the other end of the cable to an AC outlet.
- Turn on the Brother MFC J5330DW setup printer and use the touchscreen user interface for settings.
Step 4: Initial settings
- Tap the Settings icon and go to All Settings. Touch the Initial Setup option.
- Tap Local language and select your language.
- Select Date & Time under Initial Setup. You can select the correct date and time
- Make sure to save all the settings you have made on the printer.
Step 5: Fixing the ink cartridge
- Open the cartridge door and take out the orange shipping restraint.
- Gently shake the black ink cartridge horizontally 15 times.
- Once you have installed the cartridges, check the print quality by following the instructions on the screen.
Step 6: Setting up Fax
- To set up Fax on the printer, raise the scanner cover.
- Connect a telephone line cord to the LINE port of the printer and fix the other end to a wall outlet. Close the scanner cover.
- Select Fax from Initial Setup and enter the required details to set up Fax on the printer.
Step 7: Installing the printer software
- You can install the printer software on your computer.
- On a Windows computer, install the printer software from the installation disc.
- For a Mac computer, download the software from the official Brother MFC J5330DW setup website.
- Choose a preferred connection method while installing the software.
- To print from a mobile device, install the Brother iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Driver Download
- Open your browser and enter the official Brother website.
- Go to the Support page and choose your region.
- Enter the Printer model number in the search section.
- Select the Downloads tab on the printer’s page.
- Choose your operating system and OS version.
- Now, you can select the required driver.
- Full Driver & Software is the most recommended driver to get the printer’s full functions.
- You can also click on the Driver Download button on this page to download the driver.
Brother MFC J5330DW Driver Mac
- Go to the official Brother MFC J5330DW setup website from your browser.
- Once you are on the Support page, select your printer model number.
- Click the Downloads tab. Choose your operating system as Mac and select your OS version.
- Double-click on the installer file and click Start Here.
- When prompted to choose a connection type, select the connection method. Click Continue.
- Choose your language and accept the license agreement.
- Click Install. If prompted to enter the Mac password, type it.
- Complete the rest of the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
Brother MFC J5330DW Manual Download
- Open the official Brother website from your browser.
- Choose your place of residence and navigate to the Support page.
- Select your printer model from Product Category.
- On the printer’s page, click the Manuals tab and choose the required manual.
- Now, click the Download option next to the required manual.
- Otherwise, click on the Manual Download button on this page to download the manual.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Wifi Setup
- You can easily connect your printer to the network using the SSID and password.
- Ensure to configure your wireless router prior to the Brother MFC J5330DW setup.
- Tap the Settings icon and go to All Settings.
- Select Network and choose WLAN. Now, select Setup Wizard.
- When prompted to enable WLAN, tap Yes.
- The printer will now start to search for the available networks near you.
- Select your network name and press the OK button.
- Once you are connected to the network, connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Install the printer software on your computer.
- Run the installer file and choose the connection method as the Wireless connection.
- Once you have installed the printer software, you will be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Photo Printing
- Make sure to load the correct paper and connect the printer to your computer.
- Select the photo that you want to print and open it. Choose the Print command.
- Choose the media type and set the paper type.
- Select Color mode and choose the preferred option.
- Set the orientation type and click OK to print your photo.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Airprint
- You don’t have to install a driver on your iOS device for AirPrint.
- To enable AirPrint, open your browser and enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar. Tap Enter.
- If you have set any password, enter it and go to the setup page.
- Select Network and click the Protocol tab.
- Now, checkmark the AirPrint box to enable the configuration. Click Submit.
- Restart your printer and connect it to your wireless network.
- Once the Brother MFC J5330DW setup printer is connected to the wireless network, open Settings.
- Select the Wi-Fi tab and choose your network name.
- Enter the password of your network.
- Once your printer and iOS device is connected to the same wireless network, you can print easily.
- Open the webpage or document that you want to print. Tap Share and select Print.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list and select the printing preferences. Touch Print.
- Your document will now be printed easily.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Scan To Computer
- If you want to scan to computer, first connect the printer to a power source.
- Make sure to install the printer software and connect it to your computer.
- Place the document on the scanner glass and tap the Scan option.
- Select the To PC option.
- Choose scanning preferences as required and set the resolution.
- Press the Start button.
- Wait until the document is scanned and saved to your computer.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Scan To Email
- If you want to perform a scan to email operation, first load the document on the scanner glass.
- Place it by facing the printed side down and move it to the corner by following the mark.
- Ensure that the Brother MFC J5330DW setup printer is connected to your wireless network.
- Press the Scan option and select To PC.
- Now, select To E-mail.
- Select your computer name and press the Start button.
- You can set the preferred scanning settings and press OK.
- The scanned document will be converted as an email attachment on your default mail client.
- Add a recipient to send the scanned document.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Double Sided Scan
- If you want to scan a double-sided document, you can use the Auto-Document feeder.
- Place the document to be scanned in the Auto document feeder.
- If you are scanning from the Brother printer, select the Scan option.
- Otherwise, open the scanning software and select the scanning preferences. Click Scan.
- Select Double-sided scan and begin the scanning process.
- Once the document is scanned, you can save the scanned document.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Troubleshooting
- The Brother printer may face certain issues when it is not maintained properly. However, you can easily rectify the problem and resolve the issues.
- Check the printer screen for any errors shown on the screen.
- For some common issues, you can easily fix the error by following the instructions on the screen.
- In case of any other issues, you can click on the Call button on this page to sort out your problem and fix it.
Brother Mfc j5330dw Offline
- Check if the printer is paused. If it is in the sleep mode, wake the printer.
- Ensure that your printer is properly connected to the computer.
- For an Ethernet connection, make sure that the cable is not defective.
- Open the Control Panel window and right-click on the Brother MFC J5330DW setup printer.
- Select the Set as default printer option from the displayed list.
- Click the Printer menu and select Cancel all documents to remove the jobs from the print queue.
- If the Use Printer Offline option is not selected, uncheck it.
- Finally, restart the printer to fix the issue.