- Home »
- Brother MFC J5720DW Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J5720DW SETUP
Begin the Brother MFC-J5720DW printer setup by unpacking it. After unpacking the printer completely, load the paper into the tray and turn on the printer. If you wish to use your printer for the fax operation, then connect the telephone line cord to the printer. Unpack and install the ink cartridges. Configure the basic printer and fax settings as per your desire. Finally, select the connection type of your desire and install the printer on your computer or mobile phone. Scroll down this page to know the Brother Mfc J5720DW setup in detail with step-by-step instructions.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Step 1: Unpack The Printer
- Open the product box.
- Take the Brother MFC J5720DW printer, starter ink cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta), quick setup guide, basic user’s guide, product safety guide, CD-ROM, telephone line cord, power cord, and maintenance sheet out of the box.
- Clear all the packing materials present on the printer.
- Place the unpacked printer on a clean surface.
Step 2: Load Paper
- Get a stack of paper that is recommended by the printer manufacturer.
- Pull out the paper tray completely from the printer.
- Adjust the paper guides based on the paper type you’re loading.
- Load paper into the tray and align the guides properly.
- Place the paper tray back into the printer.
Step 3: Connect Cords
- Get the power cord of your printer.
- Connect the cord in between the printer and the power outlet. As soon as the printer is connected to the outlet, it will turn on automatically. Skip the below instructions if you’re not using the fax function on your printer.
- Now, raise the scanner cover of the Brother MFC J5720DW setup.
- Get the telephone line cord provided along with the printer.
- Using the line cord, connect your printer to the phone outlet. Lower the scanner cover.
Step 4: Install Cartridges
- Gently open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Unpack all the starter ink cartridges.
- Load all the cartridges one by one into their slots.
- Make sure that the cartridges are loaded properly.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
Step 5: Configure The Printer Settings
- As soon as the ink cartridges are installed, the printer will start performing the initial cleaning, which might take some minutes to complete.
- Once it is done, you’ll get notified.
- Now, configure the basic printer settings, such as setting the desired language, country/region, checking the print quality, fax settings, etc.
- Finally, save the configured settings.
Step 6: Install The Printer Driver
- For computer: Open the Brother MFC J5720DW Setup driver file on your computer.
- When prompted, choose the desired connection type, and connect the printer to the computer.
- For mobile phone: Install the Brother iPrint & Scan app.
- Next, connect your mobile phone and the printer to the same wireless network. Install the printer on your phone by following the on-screen instructions.
- To perform the print operation wirelessly from your iOS device, you can use the AirPrint feature.
- Print, scan or copy a test page to check whether the Brother MFC J5720DW printer setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Download your Brother MFC J5720DW printer driver from this page by clicking on the Driver Download button.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Locate the Driver Download or Driver Download for Windows button provided on this page. Click on the located button to initiate the driver download process. Once the Brother printer driver is downloaded, open it and begin the software installation on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW DRIVER FOR MAC
- Go to the official support page of the Brother MFC-J5720DW printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- If necessary, select your OS type from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the printer driver and click on the Agree to EULA and Download button.
- Now, the selected printer driver will start to download on your Mac computer.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Download a soft copy of your Brother MFC J5720DW Setup user guide from this page by clicking on the Manual Download button.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW WIRELESS SETUP
Wi-Fi setup via the PIN method of WPS
- Make sure that your Brother printer’s initial setup is completed.
- Turn on the printer and the wireless router if they are turned off.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network to which you want to connect your printer.
- Next, go to the Settings menu of the printer.
- Select the Wi-Fi option, followed by WPS w/PIN Code. Press the Yes button on your printer control panel if the Enable WLAN? or Switch Network Interface to wireless? message is displayed on the screen.
- Note down the 8-digit code displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, go to your router or access point’s web access page from the computer that is connected to the wireless network.
- Click the WPS Settings tab. Type the WPS PIN of your printer in the given field and save it.
- Now, on your computer, open the Brother MFC J5720DW Setup driver file and install it to complete the Wi-Fi setup. During the driver installation, make sure to choose the Wi-Fi Network Connection option as the connection type.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW WI-FI SETUP
Wi-Fi setup using the printer control panel
- Initially, gather your wireless network’s SSID and password.
- Turn on the printer, router, and computer.
- Press the Settings icon.
- Choose All Settings -> Network -> WLAN -> Setup Wizard -> Yes.
- Now, your Brother printer will try to detect the wireless networks available within its range.
- Once the networks are detected, their SSIDs will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the wireless network’s SSID to which you wish to connect your printer and type its password in the given field.
- Once your Brother MFC-J5720DW printer is connected to the wireless network, open the printer driver file on your computer.
- Perform the software installation. When prompted, make sure to select the Wi-Fi Network Connection option.
- Finish the printer driver installation.
- Finally, print a test page over a Wi-Fi network to check whether the Wi-Fi Setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW SCAN SETUP
- Complete the initial Brother MFC J5720DW setup by referring to the instructions given in the Unboxing & Setup section.
- If you need remote assistance in performing the initial printer setup, then click the Call button.
- Make sure to install the scanner driver on your computer.
- If you wish to perform the scan operation from your Windows computer, install the ControlCenter4 software on it.
- To perform the scan to computer operation, make sure to connect your printer and the computer to the same network. You can also configure the desired scan settings, such as resolution, before performing the scan operation.
Scanning a document using the printer control panel
- On your printer’s scanner glass, load the document that you want to scan.
- Press the Scan icon on your printer control panel.
- Choose the to File option and press OK.
- Now, configure the scan settings as per your desire.
- Press OK -> Start. Now, your Brother printer will start to scan the placed document.
Scanning using ControlCenter4
- Initially, make sure that your Brother MFC J5720DW Setup and the computer are connected to the same network.
- On your printer’s scanner glass, load the original document that you want to scan.
- Now, open the ControlCenter4 software on your computer.
- Choose the Advanced Mode option in the main window.
- Click OK.
- Make sure to choose your Brother printer correctly.
- Click the Scan tab, followed by the File option.
- Configure the scan settings, such as file type, destination folder, scan resolution, document size, etc., as per your desire.
- Finally, click Scan.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the loaded document. Once the scanning is complete, a copy of the scanned file will be saved on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW FAX SETUP
- Get the telephone line cord provided along with the printer.
- Now, connect your printer to the phone wall outlet using the telephone line cord.
- Turn on the printer and press the Settings icon.
- Choose the All Settings option, followed by Fax.
- To set the Fax receive mode, press the Setup Receive option, followed by Receive Mode.
- Set the desired receive mode and press the Home button.
- To set the station ID, go to the Initial Setup menu on your Brother Mfc J5720dw Setup.
- Choose Station ID -> Fax. In the given fields, type the fax number and a suitable name and save them.
- Similarly, configure the other fax settings as per your desire.
- Finally, try to send a test fax message to check whether the fax setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW TROUBLESHOOTING
The following section covers the common issues that occur on the Brother MFC-J5720DW printer and the troubleshooting instructions for the same.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW NOT TURNING ON
- Initially, check whether your Brother MFC-J5720DW printer’s power cord is connected securely.
- If not, unplug and reconnect the cord properly.
- Try connecting the cord to a different power outlet.
- Make sure that the power cord you’re using is not damaged or broken.
- If you’re using a surge protector, then disconnect the cord from it, and connect the cord directly to the power outlet.
- Press the Power button after connecting the power cord.
- If the above instructions don’t resolve the Brother printer not turning on issue, you need to repair the Brother Mfc J5720dw Setup.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW WON’T PRINT BLACK
- Uninstall the black ink cartridge and check if it is unpacked properly.
- If not, unpack it correctly and re-install it in its slot on your printer.
- Check if there is enough ink available in the black ink cartridge.
- To check it, press the Ink menu on your printer’s touchscreen. If the ink level of the black cartridge is low or empty, then replace it with a new one.
- If necessary, clean the print head by pressing the Maintenance option.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW PAPER JAM
- As soon as the error message Paper Jam is displayed on the screen, restart your Brother printer.
- If the error message Paper Jam is displayed even after restarting the printer, pull the paper tray out of the Brother Mfc J5720dw Setup, look for any jammed paper inside the printer, and remove it.
- Make sure to remove the jammed paper gently and without damaging it further.
- Now, reinsert the paper tray, load paper correctly, and print a test page to check whether the Paper Jam issue is resolved.
- If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means that the error Paper Jam is resolved.
BROTHER MFC J5720DW FACTORY RESET
The Factory Reset process is performed as a part of troubleshooting. To factory reset your Brother MFC-J5720DW printer, follow the below instructions.
- Turn on your Brother MFC-J5720DW printer if it is turned off.
- Now, locate and tap on the Settings icon on your printer’s touchscreen.
- Choose the All Settings option, followed by Initial Setup.
- Scroll down the Initial Setup screen and choose the Reset option.
- Press the Reset icon to confirm it.
- Choose the All Settings option and press Yes.
- Now, your Brother printer’s settings will be restored to their defaults.
Contact us to know more about the Brother MFC J5720DW setup and its other functions.