- Home »
- Brother Mfc J5730dw Printer
GUIDELINES FOR BROTHER MFC J5730DW SETUP
Brother MFC J5730DW is an All-in-One printer with advanced printing features. It has a flatbed scanner, ADF, touchscreen control panel, and 100-sheet multipurpose tray. Setting up this printer is quite simple if you know the correct procedure. For detailed instructions about the Brother MFC J5730DW setup, go through the steps given on this page.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
If you are setting up the Brother MFC J5730DW printer for the first time, follow these steps.
- First, unpack your printer from the package.
- Take out the box contents such as Quick Setup guide, Brother installation disc, power cord, telephone line cord, maintenance sheet, and starter ink cartridges.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
Loading print media:
- Pull the paper tray out from the printer and open the top cover.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper stack with the paper guides.
- Refix the paper tray into the printer and pull out the paper support.
Installing the starter ink cartridges:
- Before you begin, connect the printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Wait until the printer is turned on automatically.
- Set your basic preferences such as region, date, and time.
- Open the ink cartridge cover and take out the orange part from the printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and unpack the ink cartridges.
- Make sure to shake the black ink cartridge before unpacking it from the package.
- Insert all the ink cartridges into their slots after removing the protective films.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and wait for the printer to finish the initial cleaning process in Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup
Fax setup (optional):
- Lift the scanner cover and connect the supplied telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port.
- Make sure to connect the other end to a telephone wall jack.
- Close the scanner cover and configure the fax settings on the touchscreen panel.
Installing the printer software:
- Insert the Brother installation disc into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and run the setup file.
- Agree to the EULA and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finish the driver installation and verify the printer functionality.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Driver Download
The driver for your Brother MFC J5730DW printer is available on the supplied CD-ROM. In case your computer doesn’t support the CD-ROM, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. You can also download the Brother MFC J5730DW setup driver from the official Brother site.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Driver For Windows
- On your Windows computer, open a web browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Click the printer model in the search result.
- Select the link that directs you to the driver download page.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose Windows below Select OS Family.
- Next, choose your Windows OS version below Select OS Version.
- Click the OK button and select the required driver from the displayed list.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to save the driver file to your computer.
- Open the downloaded driver file and carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Driver For Mac
- On your Mac, open the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model in the search result and click on the link that directs you to the driver download page.
- Choose your macOS version under the Select Your Operating System section.
- Click OK and select the required driver from the displayed list for Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button and wait until the download is completed.
- Open the downloaded driver file from the Downloads folder to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the created disk image and double-click the installer icon to run the driver installation wizard.
- If prompted, enter your Mac administrator password and click Continue.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Manual Download
You can download the manual for your printer by clicking the Manual Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the manual from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- To begin with, open the default browser on your computer and visit the official Brother site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Click the printer model in the search result and select the link that directs you to the manual download page.
- If necessary, select your desired language from the Language drop-down menu.
- Choose the required manual from the displayed list to download.
- After completing the download, go to the Downloads folder and verify that you can open the downloaded manual for Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Wireless Setup
- Before starting, turn on your printer and verify that you have completed the basic printer settings.
- Place your printer close to your router to avoid wireless connection issues during the setup.
- Identify the wireless settings such as SSID and network key from your router’s label.
- Navigate to the printer control panel and press the Settings button.
- Select All Settings –> Network –> WLAN –> Setup Wizard.
- When the printer displays the ‘Enable WLAN?’ message, start the wireless setup wizard.
- Wait for your printer to display the nearby wireless network names.
- Choose your SSID from the displayed list and then enter the network key.
- Once the wireless connection is made, the printer will display the ‘Connected’ message.
- Next, connect your computer to the same wireless network and install the printer software.
- When you are asked to choose the connection method, select the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and establish the connection between your Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup and computer.
- To verify the wireless connection, print a test page remotely from your computer.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Wps Pin
- If your mobile phone supports the WPS PIN method, you can configure the Wi-Fi Direct network using these steps.
- Turn on your printer and then navigate to the touchscreen control panel.
- Press the Settings button and select All Settings –> Network –> Wi-Fi Direct –> Group Owner –> On –> PIN Code.
- You can now see a message on the touchscreen panel to activate Wi-Fi Direct on other devices.
- Activate the WPS PIN configuration method on your mobile phone.
- Press the OK button on the touchscreen panel to start the Wi-Fi Direct setup.
- When the PIN code appears on the touchscreen panel, enter it on your mobile phone.
- Once your device gets connected to your printer, the ‘Connected’ message will be displayed on the touchscreen panel.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Scanner Setup
- The Brother MFC J5730DW setup scanner comes with a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents.
- You can either load your original documents into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Install the printer driver on your computer.
- Make sure to restart your computer after installing the driver.
- Launch the Brother ControlCenter utility and start scanning your documents.
- You can also scan your document using your printer’s control panel.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Scan To Computer
Using the printer’s control panel:
- Start by turning on your Brother MFC J5730DW printer.
- Load the original document into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer to the computer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel and press the Scan button.
- Select the to PC option using the navigation keys.
- Choose the to Image or to File option based on your scan type.
- To scan with the default settings, press the Start button.
- To change the default scan settings, press the Options button and modify the required settings from the following.
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Document Size
- ADF Auto Deskew
- After selecting the required scan settings, press the Start button to scan your document on Brother Mfc J5730dw setup.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Fax Setup
- First, connect the telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port.
- Connect your printer to your local wireless network.
- Load the original document into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Next, turn on the printer and press the Fax button.
- Select the Sending Faxes option and then enter the fax number.
- Press the Options button and select the required fax settings.
- You can also save the fax settings as shortcuts.
- After selecting the scan size, fax resolution, and contrast, press the Fax Start button to send your fax.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Troubleshooting
If your printer is displaying any error message or not responding, troubleshoot the issue to continue printing/scanning using your printer. Some common printer issues like paper jam, printer offline, scan error, connection issues, etc., are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance of the printer. If you have issues troubleshooting your Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup, connect with our technical experts to assist you in resolving them.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Paper Feed Problems
- If you are facing paper feed problems on your Brother MFC J5730DW printer, check the paper path.
- Always load printer-supported paper into the paper tray.
- Fan the paper stack before loading it into the tray.
- Avoid loading curled, wrinkled, or damaged paper.
- Also, make sure not to adjust the paper stack too tightly with the paper guides.
- If necessary, clean the paper path and pick up rollers to fix the paper feed problems.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Paper Jam
- When the Brother Mfc j5730dw Setup displays the Paper Jam error, restart your printer to check if it is a false error.
- If the error reappears, identify the location where the paper is jammed.
- Remove the jammed paper gently from the printer.
- Restart your printer to continue printing.
- If necessary, check the other parts of the printer for any foreign substances.
- Clean the paper path and load the paper correctly into the tray. This will fix the Paper Jam error.
Brother Mfc J5730dw Ink Replacement
- Replacing the ink cartridges is necessary when your printer is running low on ink.
- Usually, the printer will display the Replace Ink message when the ink level is low for the cartridge.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and remove the expended ink cartridge.
- In case you are replacing the black ink cartridge, shake the new cartridge before unpacking it from the package.
- After unpacking the new ink cartridge, remove the protective tapes or films.
- Insert the cartridge into the correct slot and close the ink cartridge access door.
- You have now replaced the expended ink cartridge for Brother Mfc J5730dw Setup.