- Home »
- Brother Mfc J5845dw Xl
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL SETUP
Brother MFC-J5845DW XL is an All-in-One Color Inkjet printer with an extended print inkvestment tank. As this printer supports Wi-Fi connectivity, you can connect any wireless device to it. For detailed instructions about the Brother MFC J5845DW XL setup, go through the steps given on this page.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Are you looking for an easy way to complete the basic printer setup for your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer? Continue reading the instructions given below.
Let’s get into unboxing:
- Start by unpacking your printer.
- Check the printer components.
- You will get the following supplies in the printer package.
- Starter ink cartridges
- Quick setup guide
- Brother installation disc
- Telephone line cord
- AC power cord
- Next, remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remember to recycle the packing materials.
Feed your printer with legal plain paper:
- Pull the paper tray entirely out of the printer.
- Take out the tray top cover.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the paper input tray.
- Adjust the loaded paper stack with the paper guides.
- Re-fix the top cover and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Remember to pull out the paper support.
Adding colors to your printer:
You can enable your printer to make color printouts using the starter ink cartridges. Before you do, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord and turn it on.
- To install the cartridges, open the ink cartridge cover.
- Shake the black ink cartridge before you unpack it.
- After unpacking all the cartridges, remove the protective seals from them.
- Insert each cartridge into the cartridge holder by following the instructions on the touchscreen LCD.
- Close the cartridge cover and start ink priming.
- Choose your language, region, date, and time on the LCD.
If you wish to add fax to your printer, connect the provided telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port. Make sure to connect the other end of the telephone line cord to a telephone wall jack. The LINE port for your printer is located inside the scanner unit. So, you need to lift the scanner unit while making the connection. After completing the cable setup, configure the fax settings on the touchscreen LCD.
Make use of the Brother installationdisc:
In the above section, you have seen the hardware setup. To install the Brother printer driver on your computer using the provided disc, follow the steps given here.
- Insert the Brother installation disc into your computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Run the setup file from the CD drive.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type from the following options.
- Wireless network connection
- Wired network connection
- USB connection
- Based on your connection type, follow the instructions in the wizard and establish the connection.
- After installing the printer driver, verify the printer functionality.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL DRIVER DOWNLOAD
The driver for your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer is available on the Brother installation disc. If the disc isn’t supported by your computer, download the driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver for your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer from the official Brother site.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Installing a Brother printer driver on Windows computers is simple, but you should remove any previously installed Brother printer drivers before installing a new one. To know how to get the Brother printer driver on your Windows computer, follow the steps given below.
- Start by launching the default browser application.
- Check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official Brother site.
- Click Support -> Support Center.
- On the next page, input your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select the printer model from the search result and click the link below Downloads & Drivers.
- Choose your Windows OS version in the Select Your Operating System (OS) section if it is not selected automatically.
- Click OK and choose the required driver from the available list.
- If prompted, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download the driver on your Windows computer.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL DRIVER FOR MAC
- On your Mac, open the default browser and go to the official Brother site.
- Click Support -> Support Center.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field.
- Click the printer model from the search results.
- Below Downloads & Drivers, click the link to go to the Downloads page.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, check if your macOS version has been detected and is displayed.
- Click OK and select the required driver from the available list.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- You can access the downloaded file from the Downloads section of your browser.
- Create a disk image from the downloaded driver package and start the driver installation on your Mac by double-clicking the installer icon.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL MANUAL DOWNLOAD
The manual for your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer is provided during the time of purchase. If the manual is not included in the package, click the Manual Download button on this page and save it to your computer. Alternatively, you can get the manual for your Brother printer from the official Brother site by following these steps.
- Launch the default browser on your computer after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Visit the official Brother site and click the Support tab at the top.
- Select the Support Center option from the drop-down list.
- On the next page, type ‘Brother MFC-J5845DW XL’ in the search field and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result.
- Click the link below Manuals.
- Choose your language from the pull-down menu at the top of the page.
- Select the required manual from the available list and click the Download button.
- If the manual opens as a PDF, click the Download icon to download the manual on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL WIRELESS SETUP
The Brother MFC-J5845DW XL wireless setup is made quite simple using the WPS Push Button configuration as it doesn’t require any wireless credentials to connect your printer to your wireless network.
Make sure that your router supports WPS. Turn on your Brother printer and place it close to your router. Disconnect the cable connected to your printer, if any.
Wireless setup using the touchscreen control panel:
- Go to your printer’s touchscreen panel and tap the Settings button.
- Select All Settings -> Network -> WLAN -> WPS.
- When the LCD shows the ‘Enable WLAN?’ message, tap Yes to start the wireless setup wizard.
- Within two minutes, go to your router and press the WPS button. Hold the button until the LEDs on your router flash.
- Once the connection is made, the LCD shows the ‘Connected’ message.
Complete the wireless network setup on your computer:
- To begin with, connect your Windows computer to the same wireless network as your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer.
- Run the driver installation wizard using the Brother installation disc or the downloaded driver package.
- Accept the license agreements and install the required software.
- Choose the Wireless network connection option as your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and complete the wireless setup.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL CARTRIDGE REPLACEMENT
If your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer is running out of ink, the printer LCD will show the Replace Ink message. If one or more cartridge needs replacing, you can see the Black and White Print Only or Replace Ink message.
- To replace the expended ink cartridge, open the front cover with the printer powered on.
- Press the lock release lever to release the ink cartridge.
- Take out the expended ink cartridge from the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge.
- If you are replacing only the black ink cartridge, shake it gently before you unpack it.
- Remove the protective seal safely from the cartridge.
- After installing the new cartridge, close the front cover.
- Now, the printer automatically resets the ink dot counter.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL SCAN SETUP
The Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer has a flatbed scanner and an ADF to scan all your documents. You can use the following scan features in this printer.
- Scan to PC
- Scan to Email
- Scan to network
- Scan to FTP
- Scan to OCR
- Scan to USB Host
- Scan to Email Server
Brother enables you to scan using the touchscreen control panel and Brother ControlCenter as well. For detailed instructions about scanning, go through the steps given on this page.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL SCAN TO EMAIL
Using the touchscreen control panel:
- To begin with, turn on your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer.
- Connect your Brother printer and Windows computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- For duplex scanning, insert the original documents into the ADF.
- Go to your printer’s touchscreen panel and press the Scan button.
- Tap the to PC option by swiping the screen from left to right.
- Tap the to Email option and choose your computer’s name if you have connected the printer to your wireless network.
- To scan your document with the default scan settings, tap the Start button.
- To modify the scan settings, tap the Options button and change the following scan settings.
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Document Size
- Skip Blank Page
- ADF Auto Deskew
- After specifying the scan settings, tap the Start button.
Now, the printer scans the original document and saves it as an attachment to the email program on your computer.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL TROUBLESHOOT
From the All-in-One printer, Brother MFC-J5845DW XL, you will get the best printing experience. However, something worse can happen if the installation goes wrong during the basic setup. In such cases, you should troubleshoot the printer issues. If your printer is not working as expected, then you should identify the actual cause and execute the correct troubleshooting steps as we have given below. In case you are stuck while troubleshooting your printer issues, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving them.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL PRINTER OFFLINE
Is your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer status offline on your Windows computer? Check if your printer is turned on first. If so, restart the printer and check its status on your computer. If your printer status is still offline, carry out these troubleshooting steps.
- Verify if the USB connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- If you have connected the devices over a wireless network, print the network configuration report to check the wireless connection status.
- If necessary, use the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool to diagnose and fix the network connection errors automatically.
- Next, open Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab.
- If you have not set your printer as default, give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the option Set as default printer.
- If the status is offline after setting your printer as default, right-click the printer icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs and try to print a test page to check if the problem is resolved.
- If the problem remains unsolved, reinstall the printer driver.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL WON’T TURN ON
- If your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer is not turning on, check the power cord connected to it.
- Unplug and re-plug the power cord into your printer.
- If you find that the electrical outlet is faulty, try to reconnect the power cord to a different outlet.
- Power cycle your printer and check if the problem is resolved.
- If your printer is turning off automatically, disable the Auto Power Off feature by following these steps.
- Tap the Settings icon on the touchscreen panel.
- Select All Settings -> General Setup -> Auto Power Off.
- Choose the Off option and press the Home button.
Now, the problem should be fixed.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL RESET
Resetting your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer to factory defaults will erase all the data you have configured on the touchscreen panel.
- To begin with, power on your printer and tap the Settings icon on the touchscreen LCD.
- Tap All Settings -> Initial Setup -> Reset.
- Select the All Settings option from the list of reset options.
- Tap OK to confirm your action.
The printer will now get restarted automatically after restoring the settings to factory defaults.
BROTHER MFC J5845DW XL PAPER JAM
If a paper is jammed inside your printer, the LCD panel will show the error message. However, sometimes it might be false. So, check it out by restarting your printer. If the error message reappears, follow these steps to fix it.
- Turn off your Brother MFC-J5845DW XL printer and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for the printer to cool down.
- Next, open the front cover and remove the jammed paper.
- Check for any jammed paper inside the printer.
- Reload the paper stack into the tray and close the front cover.
- Restart your printer and check if the problem is resolved.
How to avoid paper jam errors in the future?
- Always use printer-supported media for printing.
- Fan the paper stack well before you load it into the tray.
- Make sure not to load more than the specified limit.
- Remember not to adjust the paper stack tightly with the paper guides.
We believe that this article has assisted you with the Brother MFC J5845DW XL Setup. In case you have doubts, you can message or call our well-trained technicians to clear all your doubts.