- Home »
- Brother MFC J5945DW Printer
GUIDELINES FOR BROTHER MFC J5945DW SETUP
Unboxing & Basic Setup
Brother MFC J5945DW is a 4-in-1 printer, you can rely on to deliver professional prints every time when needed. The printer consistently delivers high performance to meet your office demands. It features a compact 9.3 cm touchscreen to perform literally any kind of task. It’s quite easy to print from your smartphone using Near-Field Communication.Now lets see how to perform Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup for the first time.
- The Brother MFC J5945DW printer
- Ink Cartridges
- Quick setup and product safety guide
- Power cord
- Brother Installation CD
- Place the installation CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- Wait for the Brother setup file to open.
- Follow the on-screen commands until you reach the connection screen.
- Select the type of connection for the Brother printer and complete the full setup.
- Unpack the Brother printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Pull the paper tray from the printer.
- Have a stack of paper ready and fan it out evenly.
- Move the paper guide in the tray and place the stack properly into the tray.
- Make sure the paper tray limit is not exceeded.
- Push the paper tray back into its slot.
- Remove the power cord from the packaging. Connect the plug to the power source and the pin to the back of the Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup.
- Open the cartridge door on the right side of the body.
- Unpack the cartridges from the cover and install them properly.
- Close the cartridge door.
- Follow the instructions on-screen and set the date and time [Settings > All Settings > Initial Setup > Local Language].
- Connect the telephone cord to the phone wall jack and to the LINE port of the printer (Optional).
Brother Mfc J5945dw Driver Download
With the help of the Brother MFC J5945DW printer driver you can perform print tasks from your computer. All you must do is download the driver from this page or from the official Brother support page.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Driver For Windows
- Click the Driver Download button on this very page.
- Once you click the download button, the download will begin.
- An alternative way to download the driver is from the official Brother page.
- Open the Brother MFC J5945DW support page.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Choose the Windows OS from the Select OS Family list and click OK.
- Click the Full Driver & Software Package option under Full Storage Package.
- Click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Now the windows driver will be downloaded for Brother Mfc J5945dw setup.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Driver For Mac
- Click the Driver Download button from your Mac computer.
- Once done, the driver will be downloaded to your Mac.
- Another way to download the printer driver is from the official Brother support page.
- Click the Downloads on the support page of the printer.
- Select the Mac radio button in the Select OS Family field. Also, choose the version and click the OK button.
- Select the driver and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The driver download will be complete.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Manual Download
- On this support page, click the Manual Download button and the manual will be downloaded immediately.
- Another way to download the manual for the printer is from the official Brother support page.
- Open the Brother MFC J5945DW support page.
- Click the Manuals tab.
- Choose your manual and select Click to choose.
- Click the Download button.
- Now the manual for Brother Mfc J5945dw setup is downloaded.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Wireless Setup
To connect your Brother MFC J5945DW printer to a wireless network, you can use the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) method. The WPS method works if you have a WPS-enabled router.
- On your printer Control panel select the following options: Settings > All Settings > Network > WLAN > WPS.
- When the printer displays the message Enable WLAN?, press Yes.
- The printer will start the wireless setup wizard.
- The display will prompt you to press the WPS button on the router. Follow the instructions and press the button.
- Now press the OK button on the Brother printer display to confirm.
- The printer will now try to find the wireless network and the connection will be successful.
- Once connected, you will see the “Connected” message.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Airprint Setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing feature that works only with Apple-supported devices like iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. To print using AirPrint, you need to have the iOS device connected to the same wireless network as the Brother MFC J5945DW printer.
- Open the photo or document on your iPad.
- On the bottom of the document, tap the Share icon.
- When a list opens, select the Print option.
- Since the printer is connected to the same network as the iOS device, select the printer Brother MFC J5945DW setup.
- If you wish to have more copies, tap the + icon.
- Finally, tap the Print button.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Scan Setup
For scanning, you can place the document in the Document Feeder (top of the printer) or on the scanner glass. The documents should be placed with the print-side facing up for ADF and print-side facing down for scanner glass. There are two ways of scanning. Scan from the printer control panel and scan from the Brother printer software.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Scan To Computer
- Place the document in the ADF.
- Press the Scan button on the printer display.
- Swipe through the options on the display and select the to PC option.
- Press the Computer icon and select to File.
- Press the Start button to start scanning to your computer.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Scan To Email
- Load the original paper on the scanner glass.
- Select the Scan option on the printer control panel.
- Swipe through the options on the printer display and select the Computer icon [this PC].
- Press to E-mail.
- Select Options and make changes to your settings for Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup.
- Select the Start button to start scanning as an attachment (to e-mail).
Brother Mfc J5945dw Troubleshooting
When it comes to a printing device, there can be an issue or two. When you have used the Brother MFC J5945DW printer over a long time, the printer will go through some issues. Some issues you might face are mentioned below, along with the steps to troubleshoot them.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Paper Jam
Paper jams can occur in two places in this printer.
Paper Jam In The Front Of The Printer:
- Make sure the Brother MFC J5945DW printer is turned off.
- Remove the MP tray from the front of the printer and remove the paper stack present inside.
- If you see any paper jams inside, remove the jams and other foreign particles present.
- Look inside the printer and clear the jammed paper.
- If the error message says [Repeat Jam Front/Rear], remove the tray completely from the printer.
- Slowly use both hands and gently pull out the paper present inside. Make sure to remove all scraps present inside.
- Close the MP tray back to the printer.
- Open the scanning cover, look inside the Brother Mfc j5945dw Setup, and check for jammed paper in the printhead.
- Close the scanning cover gently.
If The Lcd Message Says [jam Front/rear] Or [repeat Jam Front/rear], Do The Following:
- Open the Jam clear cover at the back of the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper and gently pull it out. Close the Jam clear cover.
- Once you have all the paper fragments removed, turn on the printer.
Paper Jam In The Back Of The Printer:
- Turn off the printer.
- Pull the MP tray from the printer and check for paper jams.
- If not, check inside the printer if there are any jams or fragments of the paper present.
- If the LCD says [Jam Rear], [Repeat Jam Rear], [Jam Tray2], or [Repeat Jam Tray2], open the Jam clear cover.
- Slowly pull out the jammed paper without damaging it any further and discard it.
- Close the Jam paper tray.
- Connect the printer back to the power source and turn it on.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Won’t Print Black
To check why the Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup won’t print black, you can check the cartridge installed in the printer.
Print Quality Check
- Select the following options: Settings > Maintenance > Improve Print Quality > Check Print Quality.
- Press the Start button.
- The printer will print a quality sheet. Check if the black ink is printing properly. If not, check the following steps.
- Notice if you have installed Brother-supported ink cartridges.
- Make sure you have removed the yellow protective tape from the cartridge.
Clean The Print Head
- Select Settings > Maintenance and select the Print Head Cleaning option.
- Choose the Black only option.
- You can select Normal, Strong, or Strongest.
- Press the Start button.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Not Scanning
- Make sure you have loaded the document properly on the scanner glass of Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup.
- Ensure that the printer software is installed properly on your computer.
- Check if the document you are scanning is not faded or damaged.
- Lift the scanner unit and make sure the scanner glass is clean.
- Use a lint-free dry cloth and clean the glass.
- Later on, dab the lint-free cloth with water and gently wipe the scanner glass clean.
Brother Mfc J5945dw Printer Offline
Disable The Firewall
- Open the Control panel on your computer.
- Select the Programs option and click the Uninstall a program button.
- The window will now open a list of applications.
- Select the antivirus application and click the Uninstall button.
Disable The Use Printer Offline Option
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the printer.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- Unselect the option Use Printer Offline.
- Now we have troubleshooted Brother Mfc J5945dw Setup.