- Home »
- Brother Mfc J6535dw Printer
Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup Instructions
“Spend less, produce more.” Brother MFC J6535DW, the innovative InkJet printer, offers super-high yields at low costs. It is an All-in-One printer with robust features and an amazing design that meets your business needs. The printer offers AirPrint, Mopria, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Wi-Fi Direct (one of the best mobile printing features) facilities. The compact 3.7″ touchscreen allows you to perform tasks easily. Lets see the Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup in detail.
Unboxing & Basic Setup
Contents in the carton:
- The Brother MFC J6535DW printer
- Ink Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Quick Setup Guide and User’s Guide
- Brother Installation CD
- Telephone cord
The entire setup for the Brother printer can be done if the hardware and software are installed. Here are the steps.
- Place the Brother installation CD into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- In case your computer does not have a CD/DVD drive, download the drivers from the Brother support page.
- Once the download is complete, run the installation.
- Do a double-click on the setup file and follow the on-screen commands.
- When the connection screen opens, click the wireless connection of your choice and complete the Brother MFC J6535DW setup.
- Unpack the Brother printer from the carton and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer body and discard them.
- Remove the MP tray from the printer and adjust the paper guides present inside.
- Fan the paper stack properly and place it inside the tray.
- Adjust the paper inside and align the paper guides according to the paper.
- Place the MP tray back into the printer.
- Pull and adjust the paper support until it locks in place.
- Remove the power cord from the sealed packaging. Connect the power cord to the power source and the Brother MFC J6535DW printer and turn it on (sometimes the printer will turn on automatically).
- Open the ink cartridge cover to install the ink cartridges.
- Remove the orange protective part from the ink cartridges and insert them into the respective color slots.
- Connect the provided telephone line cord to the LINE port of the printer and the phone wall jack.
- Select Settings > All Settings > Initial Setup > Local Language, choose your language, and press the Home button.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Driver Download
With the Brother MFC J6535DW Setup driver downloaded onto your computer, you can perform all the tasks the printer supports with just a click away. The Brother driver can be downloaded from the official Brother support page or this support page.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Manual Download
- On this page, you can download the manual for your printer.
- Locate and click the Manual Download button.
- An alternative way to download the manual is from the Brother support page.
- On the Brother MFC J6535DW printer support page, click the Manuals tab.
- Click the Download button for Basic User’s Guide.
- The PDF manual will open on a new page.
- Click the Download icon.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Driver For Windows
- On this page, click the Driver Download button for Windows.
- The driver download will begin the very next second.
- You can also download the printer driver from the official Brother support page.
- Open the default browser and visit the support page for the Brother MFC J6535DW printer.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Click the Windows radio button from the Select OS Family section and select the version. Click the OK button.
- Once the page reloads, click Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended).
- Scroll down the page and click on the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The driver download for Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup is complete.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Driver For Mac
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac on this very page.
- Once the click is made, the driver will be downloaded onto your Mac computer.
- If you wish to download the printer driver from the official Brother support page, you can do so.
- Open the Brother MFC J6535DW printer support page.
- Click the Downloads tab on the left section of the page.
- Click the Mac radio button from the Select OS Family section and the version from Select OS Version.
- Click the Full Software Package option and wait for it to open on a new page.
- Scroll down and click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The printer driver download for Mac is complete.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Wi-fi Direct Setup
These steps are from the Brother printer control panel.
- Select Settings > All Settings > Network > Wi-Fi Direct > Manual.
- The Brother printer display will now show you the Wi-Fi Direct credentials (SSID and Password).
- Open the wireless settings on your smartphone.
- Connect to the Brother wireless network with the credentials provided. Wait for the connection to complete.
- If you want to print easily from your smartphone, you need to download the Brother iPrint&Scan app (Play Store for Android and App Store for Mac).
- Add the Brother MFC J6535DW Setup to the app.
- Once done, you can easily print from your smartphone.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Scan To Computer
- Place the original on the scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button.
- Swipe through the options and select the to PC option.
- Next, select to File.
- Select Options if you wish to make any changes.
- If you do not wish to make changes, press Start to begin scanning.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Open the ink cartridge cover from the right side of the printer.
- Locate and remove the ink cartridge from the slot and keep it aside.
- Gently shake the new ink cartridge in a horizontal position.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from the cover and make sure that you remove the yellow protective tape.
- Place the ink cartridge into the slot in Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup and ensure it snaps into place.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Duplex Scan Guidance
- Load the document you want to scan on the Brother MFC J6535DW printer.
- Press the Scan button on the printer control panel.
- Use the navigation button and select the type of scan you want.
- Select Options on the screen.
- Press the option for 2-sided Scan.
- Press the OK button and then press Start.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Troubleshooting
The Brother MFC J6535DW printer might go through some problems like any other printer. However, there are always solutions that can solve those issues. Here are some issues (with solutions) you might face while using the Printer Brother MFC J6535DW Setup.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Paper Jam
Paper jam errors are quite common with the Brother MFC J6535DW printer.
(TOP OF ADF UNIT)
- Open the ADF cover from the top of the printer.
- Locate and gently remove the jammed document from the inside (Pull it upwards).
- Close the ADF cover.
- Press the Cancel button.
(BOTTOM OF ADF UNIT)
- Remove any paper that is not damaged from the ADF.
- Lift the ADF document support and make sure that you remove the jammed paper present inside.
PAPER JAM IN THE FRONT OF THE PRINTER:
- Make sure that the printer is turned off.
- Remove the MP tray from the front of the printer.
- Remove the jammed paper and other foreign particles present.
- Look inside the printer and clear the paper jams present inside.
- If you see the error message [Repeat Jam Front/Rear], remove the tray completely from the printer.
- Use both hands and gently pull out the paper present inside. Make sure that you remove all the scraps present inside the Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup.
- Insert the MP tray back into the printer.
- Open the scanning cover, look inside the printer and check for any jammed paper under the print head.
- Close the scanning cover gently.
If the Brother MFC J6535DW LCD screen shows an error message, do the following:
- Open the Jam clear cover from the back of the printer.
- Locate the jammed paper and remove it slowly. Close the Jam clear cover.
- Turn on the printer once the jams and fragments of paper are clear.
Paper Jam In The Back Of The Printer:
- Turn off the printer.
- Pull the MP tray from the printer and check for paper jams.
- If not, check inside the Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup to see if there are any jams or fragments of the paper present.
- If the display shows any error, open the Jam clear cover.
- Slowly pull out the jammed paper without damaging it any further and discard it.
- Close the MP tray.
- Connect the printer back to the power source and turn on the printer.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Wont Print Black
If you find the Brother MFC J6535DW printer not printing black, you can check the quality to make sure that there is no problem with the ink cartridge.
Print Quality Check
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Improve Print Quality > Check Print Quality.
- Press the Start button.
- The printer will print a quality sheet.
- If the black ink is not printed, you can check if the ink cartridge is installed properly, and the protective tape is removed.
- Replace the ink cartridge if necessary.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Not Scanning
- Make sure that you load the document properly on Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup scanner glass.
- Notice if the edges of the paper go well with the guides on the scanner glass.
- Check the printer software, reinstall if necessary.
- Load a clean document. Make sure that the document is not faded in any way.
- Lift the scanner unit and make sure that the scanner glass is clean.
- If it is not, use a lint-free dry cloth. Dip the cloth in water and wipe the glass clean.
Brother Mfc J6535dw Printer Offline
The best solution to solve the printer offline status is to disable the Use Printer Offline option.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Perform a right-click on the Brother MFC J6535DW printer.
- Select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you find the User Printer Offline option enabled, click to deselect.
- Now, Brother Mfc J6535dw Setup printer offline issue is fixed.