BROTHER MFC J6545DW SETUP – GUIDELINES
Brother MFC J6545DW is a multifunctional printer that supports wireless connectivity for easy printing. This printer comes with a touchscreen panel, ADF, multi-purpose sheet tray, and 250-sheets capacity paper input tray. Go through the steps given below to know more about the Brother MFC J6545DW setup.
- Unpack the printer and take out the box contents such as starter ink cartridges, telephone line cord, Brother installation disc, and quick setup guide.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Pull the paper input tray entirely out of the printer and slide the paper width guides outwards.
- Fan a stack of legal plain paper and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the loaded paper stack with the paper width guides and push the paper input tray into the printer.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the ink cartridge cover and gently shake the black ink cartridge 15 times before unpacking it.
- Unpack the black ink cartridge and install it into the printer after removing the protective seals from the nozzle area.
- Install all the ink cartridges into the printer after removing the protective seals from them.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and follow the on-screen instructions to set your basic preferences.
- If you wish to add the fax function, connect an end of the supplied telephone cord to your printer’s LINE port and the other end to a telephone wall jack.
- Configure the fax settings such as Receive mode and Station ID on the touchscreen panel.
- Install the printer software on your computer using the supplied Brother installation disc.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
Brother MFC J6545DW Driver Download
- You can download the Brother MFC J6545DW Setup driver by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. However, you can also get it directly from the official Brother site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field of the official Brother site and click the Search button.
- Click on your printer model in the search result and select the option that directs you to the driver download page.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your Windows OS and its version.
- Click OK and select the full driver and software package from the displayed list.
- Finally, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button to download the printer driver on your Windows computer.
Brother MFC J6545DW Driver Mac
- On your Mac, launch the default browser and visit the official Brother site.
- Enter your printer’s model number in the search field and click the Search button.
- Select your printer model in the search result and click the Downloads tab.
- Under the Select Your Operating System (OS) section, choose your macOS version from the given options.
- Click the OK button and select the required printer driver.
- To download and save the installer, click the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- Open the downloaded installer to create a disk image.
- Double-click the created disk image on the desktop to run the driver installation.
Brother MFC J6545DW Wireless Setup
Using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Push Button method:
- Ensure that you have a WPS supported router.
- Place your printer close to the router to avoid wireless connection issues during the setup.
- Turn on your printer and router.
- Navigate to the printer’s touchscreen panel and press the Settings button.
- Select All Settings > Network > WLAN > WPS.
- If the ‘Enable WLAN?’ message appears, tap Yes to start the wireless setup wizard.
- Now, go to your router and locate the WPS button.
- Press and hold the WPS button within 2 minutes to start the WPS operation.
- Wait for the printer to detect and connect to your wireless network automatically.
- Once connected, a confirmation message ‘Connected’ will be displayed on the touchscreen panel.
- Next, connect your computer to the wireless network.
- Run the driver installation using the supplied CD-ROM or downloaded driver.
- Select the Wireless network connection option as your connection type.
- Establish the wireless connection between your printer and the computer.
- Finish the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts.
Brother MFC J6545DW Airprint Setup
- AirPrint is a unique printing feature developed by Apple for iOS devices. To print a document from your iPhone to the Brother MFC J6545DW setup using the AirPrint feature, continue reading the steps.
- Ensure that your Brother printer is turned on and connected to your wireless network.
- On your iPhone, tap Settings and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Connect your iPhone to the wireless network.
- After connecting both the devices to the same wireless network, open the document you wish to print on your iPhone.
- Tap the Action icon at the bottom-left corner and select the Print option.
- Tap the Select Printer button to choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- After selecting the required print settings, tap the Print button to print your document remotely from the iPhone using the AirPrint feature.
How To Print 11X17 On Brother MFC J6545DW
- First, turn on your Brother Mfc J6545dw Setup and close the paper output tray and its support flap.
- Pull the paper input tray entirely out and remove the tray top cover.
- Make sure to place the tray on a flat surface and push the green slider towards the left.
- Extend the tray to its locking position and slide the paper width guides outwards.
- Fan a stack of 11 x 17 paper (ledger) and load it into the tray.
- Slide the paper width guides to fit the paper size and push the paper input tray into the printer.
- Now, connect your printer to a computer using a standard USB cable.
- Open the print application on your computer and select the print command to open the Print dialog box.
- Choose your printer’s name from the drop-down menu and click the Properties or Preferences button.
- Click the Basic tab in the Printer Properties window and select the 11 x 17 paper size from the Paper Size drop-down menu.
- Select the required print settings and save them by clicking the OK button.
- Finally, click the Print button in the Print dialog box to print 11 x 17 on your Brother MFC J6545DW printer.
Brother MFC J6545DW Double Sided Scanning – Steps
- Using the Brother ControlCenter4 software:
- For double-sided scanning, load the original document you wish to print into the ADF.
- Turn on the Brother MFC J6545DW Setup scanner and connect it to your Windows computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, launch the ControlCenter4 software and choose your scan mode.
- Select your printer’s name from the Model drop-down menu and click the Scan tab.
- Choose Custom under Document Type and click the Custom Settings button.
- Select the 2-sided scanning checkbox and choose the Long-edge binding or Short-edge binding option.
- After configuring the required scan settings, click the Scan button to scan the double-sided document remotely from your computer to the scanner.
Brother MFC J6545DW Scan To Email – Steps
Using the printer’s control panel:
- Turn on the printer and load the original document you wish to send as the email attachment into the ADF or on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer to the computer in which you have installed the Brother ControlCenter4 software.
- Navigate to the touchscreen panel and press the Scan button.
- Select the to PC option by swiping left or right on the touchscreen panel.
- Tap the to Email button and choose your computer from the displayed list if you have connected your printer over a wireless network.
- To change the scan settings, tap Options and select Scan Settings.
- You can change the following scan settings:
- Scan Type
- File Type
- Document Size
- ADF Auto Deskew
- Skip Blank Page
- Remove Background Color
- If you are OK with the default scan settings, press the Start button to scan the original and save it to the connected computer as an email attachment.
Brother MFC J6545DW Troubleshooting
- Is your Brother MFC-J6545DW printer malfunctioning frequently? Troubleshooting a faulty printer is quite simple.
- You have to identify the causes behind the printer errors first and then troubleshoot them using the right steps.
- Errors like paper jam might be false sometimes. In such cases, restarting your printer itself can resolve it.
- In most cases, the printer errors are due to incomplete installation and improper maintenance.
- Always check your printer and perform routine maintenance to avoid issues during printing/scanning.
- If you are stuck or require assistance while troubleshooting the printer Brother MFC J6545DW Setup issues, click the Call button on this page to contact our technical support team.