- Home »
- Brother MFC J6710DW Printer
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BROTHER MFC J6710DW SETUP
The All-in-One inkjet printer ‘ Brother MFC-J6710DW’ allows you to perform the print, scan, copy, and fax functions over a wireless, wired, or USB connection. This printer is designed for home/office uses. It is quite simple and easy to set up & use. If you’re going to set up the new Brother printer, then start with unpacking. Load paper into the tray and turn on the printer. If you wish to use the printer for the fax operation, then connect the telephone line cord while connecting the power cord. Install the cartridges and print a test page to check the ink quality of your printer. Finally, select the desired connection type and install the printer on your computer. Scroll down this page to know the Brother MFC J6710DW setup in detail.
UNBOXING & BASIC SETUP
Step-by-step Instructions To Set Up The Brother Mfc J6710dw Printer
Step 1: Unpack The Product Box
- Open the product box.
- Inside the box, you can find the following components: starter ink cartridges, basic user guide, safety & label booklet, product registration sheet, telephone line cord, installation CD-ROM, quick setup guide, and the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer.
- If any of the above-mentioned components is not provided or damaged, then contact your printer manufacturer to get it.
- Take the printer and its components out of the box.
- Place the printer on a clean surface and continue with the next step of the setup.
Step 2: Unpack the printer
- Clear all the packing materials from the printer.
- Open the scanner unit.
- Look for the packing materials inside and remove them gently.
- While removing the packing materials from the ink cartridge slots, make sure to remove them gently.
- After unpacking your printer, place it closer to an electrical outlet.
Step 3: Load paper
- Take the paper tray completely out of the Brother MFC J6710DW Setup.
- Align the width guides.
- Get a stack of plain A4 or U.S. letter paper and place it in the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides.
- Place the paper tray back into the printer.
Step 4: Connect the cords and turn on the printer
- Get the power cord of your printer.
- Connect your Brother printer to an electrical outlet using the cord.
- If you wish to use your printer for the fax operation, then get a telephone line cord, and connect it in between the printer and phone outlet.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- Once the printer becomes stable, go to the next step of the printer setup.
Step 5: Install cartridges
- Get the starter ink cartridges provided along with the printer.
- Now, open your printer’s ink cartridge cover.
- Unpack the starter ink cartridges properly.
- Install all the cartridges one by one into their slots.
- Close the cartridge cover of your Brother MFC J6710DW Setup.
Step 6: Print a test page
- After installing the ink cartridges, you’ll be prompted to check the print quality of your printer.
- Press the Color Start button on your printer control panel when the message, Set Paper and Press Start is displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, your printer will start to print the test page.
- Check the print quality with the one displayed on the printer screen.
- If the print quality is satisfactory, press the OK button, and continue with the next step of the setup.
Step 7: Configure the printer settings and install the software
- When prompted, configure the printer settings, such as language, date/time, etc., as per your desire.
- To complete the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer setup, install the printer driver on your computer.
- While installing the driver, you’ll be asked to choose the connection type to connect the printer to the network.
- (Note: To know how to connect your Brother printer to a wireless network, scroll down this page)
- Choose the desired connection type. Install the printer driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print, scan, or copy the test page to check whether the Brother Mfc J6710dw setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Download the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer driver for your Windows or Mac computer from this page by clicking on the Driver Download button provided.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
- Go to the official support page of the Brother printer.
- Choose your Brother printer model from the drop-down menu.
- If necessary, select your OS type.
- Choose the printer driver that you want.
- Click on the Agree to EULA and Download button to download the selected printer driver.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW DRIVER FOR MAC
- Locate the Driver Download or Driver Download for Mac button provided on this page.
- Click on the located button.
- Now, the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer driver available for your Mac computer will start to download.
- Once the printer driver is downloaded, open it, and begin the software installation on your computer.
- After installing the printer driver, print, scan, or copy a test page to check whether the Brother Mfc J6710dw setup is done correctly.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW MANUAL DOWNLOAD
Download a soft copy of the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer’s user guide from this page by clicking on the Manual Download button provided.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW WIRELESS SETUP
Wi-Fi setup using the printer control panel
- Initially, make sure that your access point or wireless router and the Brother printer are turned on.
- Check whether your wireless network is stable and active by connecting any other device to it.
- If the network is not stable, then contact your ISP to resolve it.
- Make sure that your printer is placed within the range of the wireless router.
- Disable the security software or the firewall feature of your wireless router if necessary.
Connecting the printer to a wireless network
- Go to your Brother MFC-J6710DW printer’s Menu screen.
- Choose the Network menu, followed by WLAN using the arrow buttons on the printer control panel.
- Select Setup Wizard -> Network I/F switched to Wireless and press OK. Now, your Brother printer will start searching for the wireless networks that are available within its range.
- From the list of available wireless networks, choose the network to which you wish to connect your Brother Mfc J6710dw Setup.
- In the given field, type the password of your wireless network and press OK.
- Now, your Brother printer will try to connect to the selected wireless network.
- Once it is done, a connection result message will be displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, connect your computer to the same wireless network and begin the printer software installation on it.
- During the driver installation, make sure to choose the connection type as Wireless and install the printer driver file.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW FAX SETUP
- Get the telephone line cord provided along with the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer during the purchase.
- Now, connect your printer to a phone outlet using the telephone line cord.
- Make sure to connect the cord securely.
- After connecting the cord, turn on your Brother printer, if it is turned off.
- Now, from your printer’s Menu screen, choose the Initial Setup option.
- Select Station ID, and in the given field, type the desired fax number.
- Press the OK button.
- Similarly, to set the telephone line compatibility, select the Initial Setup option from the Brother MFC J6710DW Setup Menu screen.
- Choose the Compatibility option. Now, from the list, select the one that matches your telephone line compatible type and press OK -> Stop/Exit.
- Similarly, configure the other fax settings by following the on-screen instructions.
Sending a fax
- On your printer’s scanner glass, load the document that you want to fax.
- Now, press the Fax button on your printer control panel.
- Enter or select the fax number to which you wish to send the fax.
- Set the fax resolution, type, and other settings as per your desire.
- Finally, press the OK button. Now, the placed document will be scanned and faxed to the selected or entered fax number.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW SCAN SETUP
You can scan a document using the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer control panel and the printer’s scanner driver.
- Before initiating the scan operation, make sure to install the scanner driver on your computer.
- Check whether your computer and the Brother Mfc J6710dw Setup are connected to the same network.
- If not, connect them now.
- Make sure to load the document that you want to scan correctly on the printer’s scanner glass.
- If you wish to perform the scan to email operation, follow this procedure: From your printer’s menu list, choose the Dial Type option followed by E-Address. Using the arrow buttons, select FAX/TEL/MAIL. When prompted, type the desired email address to which you wish to send the scanned document and press OK.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW SCAN TO COMPUTER
Scanning a document using the printer’s control panel
- Initially, make sure to load the document that you want to scan properly on the Brother MFC-J6710DW printer’s scanner glass.
- On the printer control panel, press the Scan button.
- Now, from the list of scan modes, choose the desired one.
- Set the scan preferences as per your desire and also choose a destination.
- Finally, press the Start button.
- Now, your Brother Mfc J6710dw Setup will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is done, a copy of the scanned document will be saved to the selected destination.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW SCAN TO EMAIL
- Place the original document (that you want to scan) facing down on the scanner glass.
- Now, press the Scan button and select the Scan to Email option.
- Choose or type the desired email address in the given field.
- Set the scan resolution, type, and other preferences as per your desire.
- Finally, press the Start button. Follow the instructions displayed on your printer screen to complete the scan to email operation.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW TROUBLESHOOTING
The below section covers simple and quick solutions to resolve the Brother MFC J6710DW Setup issues, such as paper jam, printer not scanning, printer offline, etc. To get remote assistance in resolving the same or any other issues, contact us.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW PAPER JAM
When paper is jammed inside your Brother printer, the error message Paper Jam is displayed on the printer screen. The part where the paper is jammed is also displayed along with the error message. For example, if the paper is jammed at the front of your printer, then the error message Paper Jam [Front] is displayed on your printer screen. To clear this error message, follow the instructions given below.
- Turn off your Brother MFC-J6710DW printer and disconnect the power cord from it.
- Now, take the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Look for the jammed paper inside the tray.
- If you find any jammed paper, then remove it.
- Make sure that your printer’s paper tray has enough paper. Next, place the tray back into the printer.
- Now, print a test document to check whether the error Paper Jam is resolved.
- If not, look for the jammed paper in other parts of your Brother Mfc J6710dw Setup.
- While removing the jammed paper, make sure to remove it without damaging it further.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW WON’T PRINT BLACK
- Initially, check if any error message similar to Black ink low is displayed on your printer screen.
- If yes, then it means that the black ink cartridge is low or empty.
- Replace the empty cartridge with a new one to clear this error.
- Make sure that the cartridge is unpacked and installed properly on the printer.
- Check whether you’re using the genuine ink cartridge that is recommended by the printer manufacturer. If not, replace it with the original one.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW NOT SCANNING
- If your Brother MFC-J6710DW printer doesn’t respond to the scan operation that is initiated from the scanner driver, then check whether the printer is turned on.
- Turn on your Brother Mfc J6710dw Setup if it is turned off.
- Make sure that the document you want to scan is placed correctly on the scanner glass.
- Check if the scanner cover is closed properly. If not, close it and then perform the scan operation.
- Reinstall the scanner driver on your computer if you have installed an incorrect or outdated one.
BROTHER MFC J6710DW PRINTER OFFLINE
- Initially, make sure that your Brother MFC J6710DW Printer is turned on.
- Check whether your mobile phone or computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- If not, connect them to the same network.
- Check if the Use Printer Offline option is enabled on your computer. If yes, disable it.
- Restart your printer.
- Reinstall the printer driver on your computer if necessary.
Contact us to know more about the Brother MFC J6710DW setup and its other functions.