- Home »
- Brother Mfc j690dw Setup
BROTHER MFC J690DW SETUP
The Brother MFC J690DW printer supports the USB, LAN, and Wireless LAN interfaces. Using the Brother cartridges in this printer gives the best print quality. Refer to the following steps to Perform Brother MFC J690DW Setup.
Unpack your Brother printer
- Clear the protective tapes and films from the printer.
- Ensure that the following components are included in the printer box.
- Starter Ink cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Product Safety Guide
- Brother installation Disc
- Telephone line cord
Load paper into the paper tray
- Remove the paper tray from the printer.
- Raise the output tray cover and move the paper guides outwards.
- Place enough plain paper in the paper tray and align the paper guides to fit the paper correctly.
- Once you lower the output tray cover, place the paper tray in the printer.
- Pull out the paper support and then unfold the paper support flap. This will prevent the printed pages from falling.
Connect the power cord
Insert the printer’s power cord into a power outlet and then power up the printer.
Specify the initial settings
Carry out the LCD panel instructions to set the date and time correctly.
Install the starter ink cartridges
- Lower the ink cartridge cover and clear the orange protective part.
- Unpack the starter ink cartridges and insert them in the respective slots.
- Note: You have to shake the black ink cartridge about 15 times before installing it into its slot.
Configure the printer settings
- Continue with the LCD panel instructions to set up the printer settings.
- Note: The printer settings include checking the print quality, setting the LCD defaults and printing the installation sheet.
Connect the telephone line cord
Plug the telephone line cord (included in the printer box) into the printer’s LINE port and a telephone wall jack.
Specify your language
On the printer’s control panel, navigate to Settings and select All Settings -> Initial Setup -> Local Language. Set your desired language.
Install the printer software
- Insert the Brother installation disc into your computer’s CD drive. Or else, download the Full Driver & Software Package from the official Brother page.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts to install the printer software.
Brother Mfc j690dw Driver Download
- To download the Brother MFC J690DW printer, click the Driver Download button on this page.
- Or else, access the Brother web page and enter your printer name in the search bar.
- Once the next page appears on the screen, click the Downloads tab and ensure that your computer’s OS is detected correctly.
- Click the Full Driver & Software Package (Recommended) link followed by the Agree to the EULA and Download button.
- The downloaded printer driver file will be saved on your computer.
Brother Mfc j690dw Mac Driver
- Download the Brother MFC J690DW printer driver for Mac by clicking the Driver Download button available on this web page.
- You can even download it from the official Brother support page.
- After downloading the driver, open the Downloads folder and double-click the installer to start the installation.
- Carry out the displayed prompts to complete the installation on your Mac computer.
Brother Mfc j690dw Manual Download
- Download a soft copy of the Brother MFC J690DW printer manual by clicking the Manual Download button on this page.
- The downloaded manual will be saved in your computer’s Downloads folder.
- Alternatively, download the manual from the Brother page.
How To Setup The printer Wireless?
- On the Brother MFC J690DW printer’s control panel, select the Settings icon.
- Select All Settings -> Network -> WLAN -> WPS.
- On the Enable WLAN screen, select the Yes option.
- On your wireless router, press the WPS button.
- Go back to the printer’s control panel and select the OK option.
- Now, the printer will try to connect to your wireless network. Wait until you see the Connected message on the LCD screen.
- Once the printer gets connected to the wireless network, download and install the Full Driver & Software Package on your computer.
How To Setup The printer Airprint?
- Check if the Brother MFC J690DW printer is turned on.
- Ensure your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) and the printer are connected to the same network.
- On the iOS device, launch the Safari app and visit the page you want to print.
- Once you tap the Share icon, select the Print option.
- Ensure that your printer is selected in the Select Printer field.
- If needed, specify the number of pages you wish to print.
- Lastly, tap the Print option to print the page.
Printer Toner Reset
The Brother MFC J690DW printer doesn’t use toner and instead uses ink cartridges for printing. If the printer’s display shows messages like “ink is low,” you have to replace the ink cartridge.
- When you see the message on the LCD, release the lock lever.
- Remove the worn-out cartridge from its slot.
- Take the new cartridge from its package and shake it a few times.
- Immediately install the new cartridge into the printer and push it until it locks.
Brother Mfc j690dw Troubleshooting
Check the following points if you think there is an issue with your Brother MFC J690DW printer.
- The printer’s power cord should be properly connected to the power source and then the printer is powered up.
- All the orange protective materials have been removed from the outside and inside of the printer.
- The ink cartridges are inserted correctly in their slots.
- If you see any error messages on the LCD, follow the display panel prompts to resolve the issue.
- If you need technical assistance to resolve the Brother MFC J690DW printer issue, contact our support team by clicking the Call button on this page.