- Home »
- Brother MFC J6945DW
BROTHER MFC J6945DW SETUP
Brother MFC J6945DW setup is an inkjet printer that can perform print and scan operations over a USB cable, wired network, or wireless network connection. Some of the features of this printer are listed below:
- LCD display
- Automatic 2-sided copy and print
- JPEG or PDF print
- Scan to Media (JPEG, PDF)
- Color and black scanning
Inside the product box, you can find the following components:
- Brother MFC J6945DW printer
- Starter Ink Cartridges (black, yellow, cyan, and magenta)
- Quick setup guide
- Maintenance sheet
- Brother Installation disc
- Telephone line cord
SETTING UP THE PRINTER:
Carry out the instructions given below to set up the printer for the first time.
- Take out the printer and the other components from the product box.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer.
- Take the paper tray completely out of the printer.
- Get a stack of plain paper and load it in the tray.
- Place the paper tray back into the printer.
- Pull the paper support out of the printer until its lock into place.
- Now, connect the printer to an electrical outlet.
- Raise the control panel and power on the printer.
- Open the cartridge cover to load the ink cartridges.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and insert them into the printer.
- Make sure to shake the black ink cartridge horizontally 15 times before inserting it into the printer.
- After inserting all the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge cover.
- Perform the touchscreen instructions to complete the printer’s basic settings.
- If you wish to use the printer for the Fax operation, then connect the telephone line cord into the machine and set the fax settings by following the touchscreen instructions.
- Now, connect your printer to a computer by installing the printer software on the computer.
- To perform the print operation from your hand-held device, you can use the Mopria Print Service app, Brother iPrint & Scan, or the AirPrint options.
Brother MFC J6945DW Driver Download
- Click the Driver Download button provided on this page.
- Based on your current OS type, the available printer driver file(s) will be downloaded on your device.
- You also have the option to download the printer driver from the official Brother MFC J6945DW setup website.
Brother Mfc j6945dw Manual Download
- Click the Manual Download button provided on this page.
- Now, a soft copy of the printer’s user guide will be downloaded on your computer.
- Or else, go to the official support page of your printer model and click the Manual tab on the left panel.
- Select your language and then click the Download button beside the required manual.
Brother MFC J6945DW Mac Driver Download
Full Driver & Software Package is the recommended printer driver file for the Mac OS. Along with the recommended one, other driver files like Printer Driver, Wireless Setup Wizard, iPrint & Scan Puch Scan Tool, and Firmware Update Tool are also available for download. Carry out the below-mentioned to download the printer driver for your mac computer.
- Visit the printer’s support page from your computer’s web browser.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select your OS type and language from the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Based on the selected OS type, the available printer driver files will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the driver file you want and click Download.
How To Setup The printer Wireless
Using the One Push Method (Wps):
- First of all, check if your Wi-Fi router or access point supports WPS.
- After ensuring it, turn on your printer and the wireless router.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the Settings button.
- Select All Settings > Network > WLAN > WPS.
- Press Yes on the Enable WLAN screen.
- When prompted on your printer screen, press the WPS button on your router.
- After pressing the WPS button, press OK on your printer’s control panel.
- Once your Brother MFC J6945DW setup has been connected to the wireless network, you could see the Connected message on the printer’s screen.
- Connect your mobile or computer to the same network as the printer and try a test print.
How To Connect The Printer Airprint
AirPrint is a feature that allows you to perform the print operation over a wireless network from your iOS devices. You can use this feature to access the printer without installing the printer driver on your device. The steps to use AirPrint are as follows.
- First, connect your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) and the printer to the same wireless network.
- On your iOS device, open the document you want to print.
- Tap the Share icon followed by Print.
- Select your Brother printer.
- Set other print preferences and tap the Print button.
- Now, the selected document will be printed on your printer.
Brother Mfc j6945dw Scan To Email
Before you start, enable the Send to My Email option. You can enable it on your printer’s control panel or Web-Based Management. To enable the Send to My Email option in Web-Based Management, follow the instructions given below.
- Go to your Brother printer’s web-based management page.
- Click the Scan tab followed by the Scan to E-mail Server menu.
- Go to the Scan to My E-mail field and set it to ON.
Now, let’s see how to perform the scan to email function from your Brother printer.
- Place the document you want to scan on your printer’s scanner glass.
- Press the Scan button.
- Select the to E-mail Server option.
- Choose your email address or enter it manually.
- Press Next.
- Set the scan to email preferences as per your desire.
- After setting the scan to email preferences press the Start button.
- Now, your printer starts scanning the document and a copy of it will be e-mailed to the selected or entered email address.
- To get remote assistance on the same, contact us.
Brother Mfc j6945dw Scan To Computer
- Connect your computer to the same network as the printer.
- On your printer’s scanner glass, place the document you want to scan.
- Press the Scan button.
- Select the to PC option followed by to File.
- Set the scan to computer preferences as per your need.
- Press the OK button followed by Start.
- Now, your Brother MFC J6945DW setup printer will scan the document and a copy of it will be saved on the selected computer.